How long??

Jimbo Ram

Few random thoughts ,I watched the Newcastle game on holiday in Spain but thought the margins of defeat were quite narrow could easily have been a draw .

What I did notice is the conversation going on between NP ,CP and the rest of the coaching staff, gut feeling only but thought too many chef's spoil the broth it just didn't look right .

Also with no loan window this year seems a strange management decision to completely change the style with the business not completed by the end of the transfer window .

Having said that NP was my choice based on the obvious ability of the current crop of players to get us over the line ,bumpy ride ahead I am afraid.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't mean to say they should be listened to, or were right though does it. That's what makes being the owner such a difficult job, at the minute it's not one I'd necessarily choose Mel for!

No but I find it quite ironic how all of a sudden there are a lot of people questioning the appointment.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we could list the achievements made since Mel Morris took over the club, what would they be?

So far:

Sacked McLaren.

Hired Clement - our Ferguson.

Sacked Clement.

Hired Wassall.

Hire Redknapp to baby sit.

Harry left without so much as a good bye.

Wassall demoted to academy.

Pearson hired.

When does it end?

Add to this the STUPID decision to go for a temporary manager, rather than permanent replacement who would have had time to sort things out.

6 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Add to this the STUPID decision to go for a temporary manager, rather than permanent replacement who would have had time to sort things out.

Yet more irony. The 'Mel doesn't want promotion' brigade now think he should have brought someone in last season to rip apart the team when we were set in 5th place!

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we could list the achievements made since Mel Morris took over the club, what would they be?

So far:

Sacked McLaren.

Hired Clement - our Ferguson.

Sacked Clement.

Hired Wassall.

Hire Redknapp to baby sit.

Harry left without so much as a good bye.

Wassall demoted to academy.

Pearson hired.

When does it end?

Free Bovril?

2 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Even if we have to sell to buy the Windows will be just as vital, changing the negativity in dressing means selling players is just as important as buying at the minute.

Also who says we need to be spending millions? We're proven that doesn't necessarily work. NP got his scouting team in place not long before the window closed, let's hope they're doing their jobs and finding us some value for money.

11 hours ago, David said:

These kind of threads remind me of one guy. Frightens me that so many have so little patience. Yes it's been a poor start, yes our lack of ability to score is worrying but why is the managers job being questioned on a weekly basis now, it's madness. Unless I'm mistaken this is the manager that was leading every fan poll for the job, now we have him let's give the bloke half a chance.

No season as ever been won or lost in September.

cellino-gode-foto-123082.jpg

We do need stability, I'll say that. But I do have to add that I personally never wanted him and have still seen no reason why he's the best man for the job. It makes it very hard to get behind him in those circumstances. I do it, there's no use in changing things up now. But it's made harder for those of us for whom he wasn't the first choice. 

Just now, Tombo said:

We do need stability, I'll say that. But I do have to add that I personally never wanted him and have still seen no reason why he's the best man for the job. It makes it very hard to get behind him in those circumstances. I do it, there's no use in changing things up now. But it's made harder for those of us for whom he wasn't the first choice. 

Pearson wasn't my first choice either, in fact nobody was, every name mentioned did nothing for me. I wasn't against it, just wasn't shouting for him.

I still feel abandoned by McClaren and true love never dies overnight. Takes a long time for a heart to heal.

We do have Pearson now, he's our man, as you say stability is key, I'm not writing the season off but I will happily put promotion to one side so we can start again next season without having to scrap everything and start again.

Not just the manager but coaching team as well. 

We've started the transitional period now, time to buckle up and enjoy the ride, no way this awful run will continue. 

I wonder why folk are so surprised with how things are turning out - we all cling to this idea that it was effectively Pearson's team that won the Premier League and hope he can do a similar job here - well don't forget that for a large chunk of his last season at Leicester, they were utterly and completely useless - they were nailed on for relegation until he somehow managed to instil some fight in them and they went on a great run that saved them. All that's happening at the iPro is that we're copying that model.....;)

Seen quite a few posts pleading for patience, telling supporters to give Pearson the time to get it right as he will take Derby County to the Premier League.

For those confident of this being the case... May I ask why? Why is Pearson the man to get us promoted? Is it because of what he did at Leicester? Is that all you're going on? Not what he did at Hull City?

His scenario now at Derby is completely different. He doesn't have Steve Walsh, Ben Wrigglesworth or Craig Shakespeare by his side. His coaching staff is different, his playing squad is totally different.

Would you be so confident backing Alex McLeish because of what he did at Birmingham City?

Pearson inherited Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater and Nugent while the likes of Vardy, Knockeart and Mahrez were identified by Walsh. Schlupp, Moore and King were youth players who came through the academy.

So if you're arguement is Pearson is excellent in the transfer market, responsible for Leicester's squad... That's not exactly true is it?

Why are you so confident Pearson is the right man? 

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Seen quite a few posts pleading for patience, telling supporters to give Pearson the time to get it right as he will take Derby County to the Premier League.

For those confident of this being the case... May I ask why? Why is Pearson the man to get us promoted? Is it because of what he did at Leicester? Is that all you're going on? Not what he did at Hull City?

His scenario now at Derby is completely different. He doesn't have Steve Walsh, Ben Wrigglesworth or Craig Shakespeare by his side. His coaching staff is different, his playing squad is totally different.

Would you be so confident backing Alex McLeish because of what he did at Birmingham City?

Pearson inherited Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater and Nugent while the likes of Vardy, Knockeart and Mahrez were identified by Walsh. Schlupp, Moore and King were youth players who came through the academy.

So if you're arguement is Pearson is excellent in the transfer market, responsible for Leicester's squad... That's not exactly true is it?

Why are you so confident Pearson is the right man? 

Who is available and who would come in and do a better job in your opinion? Is 7 games enough to judge a Manager? If so would you have got rid of Jim Smith, Billy Davies and Paul Clement after 7 games?

I think in time things will click. It could be on saturday or it could be in 5 games or more. I think we will buy some players in jan and get rid aswell then we will have a great 2nd half of the season and just edge in the play offs. 

If pearson was sacked who would we get in as a replacement? Perhaps we could take pep off city or even ancellotti ? Dont think so somehow get real.

This forum is so toxic and puts me in a mood looking at it.

No wonder the players have no pride. We would be better playing behind closed doors.

Keep up the good work pearson and co you will reap the rewards. 

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who is available and who would come in and do a better job in your opinion? Is 7 games enough to judge a Manager? If so would you have got rid of Jim Smith, Billy Davies and Paul Clement after 7 games?

You're answering my question by asking me completely irrelevant questions?

Archived