How long??

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is your point then? You have posted another negative comment in the 'How Long' thread about Pearson. Do you want to keep him?

What do you mean what is my point? I asked a question and instead of responding to it you've quoted me back by asking me a bunch of irrelevant questions...

For those saying Nigel Pearson will take us to the Premier League... Why will he? Where has this huge amount of confidence in the man come from? 

What makes him any different to say Alex McLeish?

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What do you mean what is my point? I asked a question and instead of responding to it you've quoted me back by asking me a bunch of irrelevant questions...

For those saying Nigel Pearson will take us to the Premier League... Why will he? Where has this huge amount of confidence in the man come from? 

he is Scottish.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

His excellent record at Leicester in 2 spells and his overall win % of 42% for starters. He is a strong character who won't take any nonsense and will do things his way which is what I think we need. He has experienced promotion, including getting a side up from the Championship. That will do for me. Your turn now, are you advocating we get rid? How long would you give him? Is there anything at all to be positive about the Rams at the moment do you think or is it glass half empty?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

His excellent record at Leicester in 2 spells and his overall win % of 42% for starters. He is a strong character who won't take any nonsense and will do things his way which is what I think we need. He has experienced promotion, including getting a side up from the Championship. That will do for me. Your turn now, are you advocating we get rid? How long would you give him? Is there anything at all to be positive about the Rams at the moment do you think or is it glass half empty?

I think we've gone too far to get rid. I've already written a top six place off this season, so for now it's all about progression (surely shouldn't be hard considering our woeful start). I want to see our players playing better, I want to see our style of play improve but most importantly I want to see some sort of plan/identity/profile.

Right now I don't see anything under Pearson. I believe he wants to play a variation of 4-4-2 which has plenty of pace, energy and aggression. i believe he wants us to hit teams quickly, exploit the pace on the counterattack and have players driving at the opposition, pulling them out of position quickly.

However, I can't see any of that at the moment, I can't see Pearson remotely working towards that.

Right now it seems to be slow possession play, before a hopeless long ball. I don't see the point in buying Anya, when we have no real interest in scoring goals from crosses.

Why spend £4m on a non-goal scoring pacy winger? What was the point in that? He doens't cut in, he just runs down the wing to the byline before floating crosses in to two forwards who won't score headers.

It's things like this that make me question our direction. I can see Pearson trying to emulate what he did at Leicester, but the big difference is he doesn't have the scouts, recruitment team or coaches he had at Leicester.

Aside from picking the team at Leicester and explain how he wants his players to play, what exactly did Pearson do there? Did he actually find and train the players? Many say he didn't...

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It took him three season to get a Leicester side promoted that had by miles the best squad in the division, especially in the 2nd season. Then he nearly relegated a Leicester side that went on two win the league a season afterwards, while spending half the season dropping their best player Mahrez. He hasn't done spectacularly anywhere else. When Mick McCarthy was interviewed about him the other night his positive remarks were that he was 'experienced' and a 'winner' (which he went on to say meant he only tolerates hardworkers). He doesn't exactly have the history to warrant this totally blind faith we seem to have in him. Not that I'm advocating get rid yet however, but surely if this run doubles and extends to 8 losses, 4 draws, 2 wins and only 2 goals scored with us falling adrift, I can't see myself being as sympathetic.

Edit - That win % is inflated by being in League one in his first spell and by having a tremendous squad in his 2nd term in the championship. The period he missed was a rebuilding period for Leicester, which would have lowered it.

Would anyone still want him if we fail to win a match in October? We really needed to hit the ground running this season instead were doing the opposite personally I didn't want Pearson but hey ho lets hope we start picking up points otherwise he has about 3 more games before Mel tells him to **** off .

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Right now it seems to be slow possession play, before a hopeless long ball. I don't see the point in buying Anya, when we have no real interest in scoring goals from crosses.

Why spend £4m on a non-goal scoring pacy winger? What was the point in that? He doens't cut in, he just runs down the wing to the byline before floating crosses in to two forwards who won't score headers.

While I don't disagree with the jist, I can't remember Anya once making for the byline to whack a cross in last night.

3 hours ago, simsdcfc said:

I think in time things will click. It could be on saturday or it could be in 5 games or more. I think we will buy some players in jan and get rid aswell then we will have a great 2nd half of the season and just edge in the play offs. 

If pearson was sacked who would we get in as a replacement? Perhaps we could take pep off city or even ancellotti ? Dont think so somehow get real.

This forum is so toxic and puts me in a mood looking at it.

No wonder the players have no pride. We would be better playing behind closed doors.

Keep up the good work pearson and co you will reap the rewards. 

Keep up the good work! Are you taking the piss? what good work? We have been bloody awful sold one of our better players and loaned out our top scorer of the last three seasons 

39 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Would anyone still want him if we fail to win a match in October? We really needed to hit the ground running this season instead were doing the opposite personally I didn't want Pearson but hey ho lets hope we start picking up points otherwise he has about 3 more games before Mel tells him to **** off .

If we fail to win a match in October then we would be rock bottom and MM would have no other choice, he'd be gone.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Seen quite a few posts pleading for patience, telling supporters to give Pearson the time to get it right as he will take Derby County to the Premier League.

For those confident of this being the case... May I ask why? Why is Pearson the man to get us promoted? Is it because of what he did at Leicester? Is that all you're going on? Not what he did at Hull City?

His scenario now at Derby is completely different. He doesn't have Steve Walsh, Ben Wrigglesworth or Craig Shakespeare by his side. His coaching staff is different, his playing squad is totally different.

Would you be so confident backing Alex McLeish because of what he did at Birmingham City?

Pearson inherited Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater and Nugent while the likes of Vardy, Knockeart and Mahrez were identified by Walsh. Schlupp, Moore and King were youth players who came through the academy.

So if you're arguement is Pearson is excellent in the transfer market, responsible for Leicester's squad... That's not exactly true is it?

Why are you so confident Pearson is the right man? 

Pearson is very much a manger of the old school, so the appointments of Walsh and co were his I believe , just as Powell and Idiakez were his men. I understand that recruitment of new players  will also be under Pearson but that doesnt mean that he will do all the scouting for new players . he will bring in his own men to do that.

Thats  a big change from the system under McCLaren and Clement and that change is proving a painful process. It didnt help that we didnt start doing any meaningful transfer business until the very end of the transfer window which was far too  late. Maybe Pearson wanted to look at what he had first but its too late now to make the changes he needed to make. . 

I agree anya looks a bit of a headless chicken but he does provide width and pace and can beat his man. His Crossing isnt great but that isnt the biggest problem by any means.

Quite why Martin was despatched when we should get rid of Bent and Blackman I really cannot begin to imagine.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Pearson is very much a manger of the old school, so the appointments of Walsh and co were his I believe , just as Powell and Idiakez were his men. I understand that recruitment of new players  will also be under Pearson but that doesnt mean that he will do all the scouting for new players . he will bring in his own men to do that.

Thats  a big change from the system under McCLaren and Clement and that change is proving a painful process. It didnt help that we didnt start doing any meaningful transfer business until the very end of the transfer window which was far too  late. Maybe Pearson wanted to look at what he had first but its too late now to make the changes he needed to make. . 

I agree anya looks a bit of a headless chicken but he does provide width and pace and can beat his man. His Crossing isnt great but that isnt the biggest problem by any means.

Quite why Martin was despatched when we should get rid of Bent and Blackman I really cannot begin to imagine.

I dont get it either, i was a CM fan, but i read elsewhere that he was thought to be a bit of a divisive element ... who knows, but its obviously going to be Pearsons team sooner rather than later ! 

P.S. Weiman is back ... but he doesn't score with his head much either

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think we've gone too far to get rid. I've already written a top six place off this season, so for now it's all about progression (surely shouldn't be hard considering our woeful start). I want to see our players playing better, I want to see our style of play improve but most importantly I want to see some sort of plan/identity/profile.

Right now I don't see anything under Pearson. I believe he wants to play a variation of 4-4-2 which has plenty of pace, energy and aggression. i believe he wants us to hit teams quickly, exploit the pace on the counterattack and have players driving at the opposition, pulling them out of position quickly.

However, I can't see any of that at the moment, I can't see Pearson remotely working towards that.

It's things like this that make me question our direction. I can see Pearson trying to emulate what he did at Leicester, but the big difference is he doesn't have the scouts, recruitment team or coaches he had at Leicester.

Aside from picking the team at Leicester and explain how he wants his players to play, what exactly did Pearson do there? Did he actually find and train the players? Many say he didn't...

Were you at the game last night @Bris Vegas ?

Well, NOT LONG PERHAPS if Rotherham get something at home to Forest tonight we are just outside the bottom three on a goal difference of one. The Rothers are already 1-0 up. Just as well PNE got three goals against Cardiff last otherwise we'd be in the bottom three NOW.

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Seen quite a few posts pleading for patience, telling supporters to give Pearson the time to get it right as he will take Derby County to the Premier League.

For those confident of this being the case... May I ask why? Why is Pearson the man to get us promoted? Is it because of what he did at Leicester? Is that all you're going on? Not what he did at Hull City?

His scenario now at Derby is completely different. He doesn't have Steve Walsh, Ben Wrigglesworth or Craig Shakespeare by his side. His coaching staff is different, his playing squad is totally different.

Would you be so confident backing Alex McLeish because of what he did at Birmingham City?

Pearson inherited Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater and Nugent while the likes of Vardy, Knockeart and Mahrez were identified by Walsh. Schlupp, Moore and King were youth players who came through the academy.

So if you're arguement is Pearson is excellent in the transfer market, responsible for Leicester's squad... That's not exactly true is it?

Why are you so confident Pearson is the right man? 

For the same reason I knew Jeff Hendrick would be a premier league player while you thought he'd end up a league one journey man.

It's not just based on what he did at Leicester its based on the fact the bloke is a good manager.

Sometimes you just know, the same as I knew Clement was a disastrous appointment.

Some people know football, some people write blogs/articles claiming to know about football.

If Pearson gets the sack it will be a stupid mistake and will push Derby back into the dark ages of being a stupid firing club going through 11 managers in ten years.

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

For the same reason I knew Jeff Hendrick would be a premier league player while you thought he'd end up a league one journey man.

It's not just based on what he did at Leicester its based on the fact the bloke is a good manager.

Sometimes you just know, the same as I knew Clement was a disastrous appointment.

Some people know football, some people write blogs/articles claiming to know about football.

If Pearson gets the sack it will be a stupid mistake and will push Derby back into the dark ages of being a stupid firing club going through 11 managers in ten years.

Totally agree Ronnie! We've broke up the 4-3-3 let Pearson build his team! After 7 games fans think they are in a position to judge! Get some perspective please! If you aren't patient with the team don't go to games.... Simple as! Already sick of the boo boys at the ipro didn't think it would filter onto an Internet forum! 

Archived