Bristol City v Derby

CumbrianRam

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it does. Pearson held on to a 1-0 lead v Preston by swapping a forward for Alex Pearce right? Smart move. Win sealed. So there's inconsistency and Its not Bristol so much as Abraham who's already scored 7 goals! Dude was obviously a major threat. Bradley Armoured fighting Vehicle could have man marked him. He made a small mistake here ... And he knows he did, but pressed would prob blame the players' game management. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yes it does. Pearson held on to a 1-0 lead v Preston by swapping a forward for Alex Pearce right? Smart move. Win sealed. So there's inconsistency and Its not Bristol so much as Abraham who's already scored 7 goals! Dude was obviously a major threat. Bradley Armoured fighting Vehicle could have man marked him. He made a small mistake here ... And he knows he did, but pressed would prob blame the players' game management. 

But we dealt with Abraham all game, it was Wilbraham who scored. 

Having watched the extended highlights on RamsPlayer I have to say it looks like our best opportunities all had huge elements of luck in the build up or were just gifts! It's alright saying on another day we'd have taken those chances but by the same token we wouldn't have even had those chances! 

Wilson was literally put through by a Brizzle player making a tackle! 

18 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd like to add that although I couldn't see particularly well, it appeared some (maybe all, my long distance sight is terrible) of your fans joined in with the minutes applause held today. It's always a nice touch when opposition fans join in with the mark of respect paid towards a fan who has passed away.

No problem, opportunities to clap are more than welcome this season.

After yesterday: assessing the squad going forward: 

carson, improvement on grant but positional play and distribution poor. No real competition

cristie: good attacking wise, but I want my right back to defend first and he can't. Liable to get caught in possession. 

Pearce: looks solid but a bit too early to make judgement due to lack of games

keogh: mr 100% hence captain. Makes errors but always tries to atone. At this level he's ok.

hughes: had two good games and likes to dictate play. Arguably the only player who could cut it in the league above

bryson: since his dalliance with burnley not really cut it. Must score more from cm. 

Anya: a live wire and could prove to be a good winger at this level. Got the goal and fair play.

wilson: unproven really and can't really work him out as a cf. neither a target man or off the shoulder type. Expect more.

vydra: intelligent but lacks a finish. Seems to be living on past glories. Needs a run of games to see if he can reach previous levels

Butterfield: another player I can't work out his position. Seems a number 10 but doesn't create enough for me. 

Subs: deadwood

22 minutes ago, cannable said:

Having watched the extended highlights on RamsPlayer I have to say it looks like our best opportunities all had huge elements of luck in the build up or were just gifts! It's alright saying on another day we'd have taken those chances but by the same token we wouldn't have even had those chances! 

Wilson was literally put through by a Brizzle player making a tackle! 

I'd say it's common to get one of those chances per game at this level, it's if you take it or not whether most people notice it. To have 2/3 guilt edge chances and to waste them all is disappointing. 

On 17/09/2016 at 18:05, nfb said:

Do you remember his first 6 or so matches, and interviews :whistle:  he was vilified on here, as most are after a bad performance.

Yes remember it well but Wassall did a far better job than Pearson is doing and Wassall was inexperienced.  Pearson is meant to be an experienced manager. OK Wassall made mistakes but he was learning, I think if he was given another season he would have done the job.

1 hour ago, Webram said:

After yesterday: assessing the squad going forward: 

carson, improvement on grant but positional play and distribution poor. No real competition

cristie: good attacking wise, but I want my right back to defend first and he can't. Liable to get caught in possession. 

Pearce: looks solid but a bit too early to make judgement due to lack of games

keogh: mr 100% hence captain. Makes errors but always tries to atone. At this level he's ok.

hughes: had two good games and likes to dictate play. Arguably the only player who could cut it in the league above

bryson: since his dalliance with burnley not really cut it. Must score more from cm. 

Anya: a live wire and could prove to be a good winger at this level. Got the goal and fair play.

wilson: unproven really and can't really work him out as a cf. neither a target man or off the shoulder type. Expect more.

vydra: intelligent but lacks a finish. Seems to be living on past glories. Needs a run of games to see if he can reach previous levels

Butterfield: another player I can't work out his position. Seems a number 10 but doesn't create enough for me. 

Subs: deadwood

So Bryson needs more goals from CM but Hughes doesn't!!!???? That statement clearly has no thought behind it. 

Hughes definitely needs to add goals to his game before he will be considered to be able to cut it in the league above. It's the one thing in his game he clearly hasn't got yet. With his ability I would like him to start taking free kicks and shooting more often 

21 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

So Bryson needs more goals from CM but Hughes doesn't!!!???? That statement clearly has no thought behind it. 

Hughes definitely needs to add goals to his game before he will be considered to be able to cut it in the league above. It's the one thing in his game he clearly hasn't got yet. With his ability I would like him to start taking free kicks and shooting more often 

Bryson's game is about making timed runs beyond the striker and in behind the defence. 

Hughes is always backing up play. The only way he would score more is if he started shooting more or changed his game. I'd rather he continued using the ball intelligently in the final third.

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

Yes remember it well but Wassall did a far better job than Pearson is doing and Wassall was inexperienced.  Pearson is meant to be an experienced manager. OK Wassall made mistakes but he was learning, I think if he was given another season he would have done the job.

You have your opinions,Mel Morris has his, its his money, and as fans we are fairly powerless to do anything except watch, we can moan, write vitriol, or hope, it will change little, like with politics, it divides us, the difference is we're all passionate about Derby, and i believe MM is too, so im hoping he's seen what he's seen and chosen right. Derby fans should be careful what they wish for...

2 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

Does it not depend on the type of CM they are though?

I don't know enough about your players to know their exact roles in that area (though Hughes was very impressive), but a Bristol City equivalent would be that Bobby Reid could do with adding more goals to his game, but O'Neil/Smith/Pack have less of a need to do so (not that I'd object if they did!) because they play a deeper role more focussed on breaking up play and keeping the ball going.

2 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Pearson IS an experienced manager who has 8 league matches under his belt with a new club - nowhere near enough to indicate whether he will prove to be a success at Derby or not. The start has been disappointing to say the least but those who are advocating a change so soon need to get real - it's not going to happen nor should it.

Wassall did nothing to suggest he was ever going to be a permanent successor to McLaren.

9 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Pearson IS an experienced manager who has 8 league matches under his belt with a new club - nowhere near enough to indicate whether he will prove to be a success at Derby or not. The start has been disappointing to say the least but those who are advocating a change so soon need to get real - it's not going to happen nor should it.

Wassall did nothing to suggest he was ever going to be a permanent successor to McLaren.

He did more than Pearson had done in his first 8 games.

I've seen a handful of people saying a change needs to be made, the rest would just like to know what is happening and what is the long term plan.

18 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

No he's not

Not from me he won't be, but lose to Blackburn, bottom 3 next to no goals...the crowd will turn. So might Mel. Guarantee it.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

13 minutes ago, needles said:

Not from me he won't be, but lose to Blackburn, bottom 3 next to no goals...the crowd will turn. So might Mel. Guarantee it.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

I'm not so sure they will if the team turn in another improved performance. Whilst results haven't turned yet performances have got better game by game recently - albeit from an alarmingly low level at Burton!

Our luck is right out at the moment and we are only a couple of breaks from stringing together a run of some more positive results.

If we churn in another performance like Burton then there might be a few calls for his head but with the progress over the last few weeks I can't see that happening.

Archived