Anyone seen: George Thorne?

Boycie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Why do we pin so much hope on Thorne? Will we ever get that many games from him...

The pressure on him when he comes back will be massive and unfair.

Even if he fits in the current style? Even if he gets back to full fitness. Even if he gets full form back.

He is a great player we may have to face facts he might not come back as the same player.

Injuries have a way of either becoming the norm or knocking the confidence of a player.

I hope he does come back stronger and better.

16 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Why do we pin so much hope on Thorne? Will we ever get that many games from him...

The pressure on him when he comes back will be massive and unfair.

Don't know if you've seen Farend Rawson play but that lad could come in now and do a Thorne-job. Rawson is big, quick {for his size} and technically gifted (ie a footballing centre-half}. He'd be in my side...

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Don't know if you've seen Farend Rawson play but that lad could come in now and do a Thorne-job. Rawson is big, quick {for his size} and technically gifted (ie a footballing centre-half}. He'd be in my side...

But the holding player is not in Pearsons plans.. Maybe?

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But the holding player is not in Pearsons plans.. Maybe?

The thing is though… even in a 442 you still need one sitting and one supporting - be it if they're in designated roles or act as pivots. Bournemouth for example have Surman sitting and Arter supporting. If Pearson doesn't see the need for a designated holding midfielder then we better hope Bryson and Hughes can adapt and form a partnership.

29 minutes ago, valleyram said:

you wont see him this year which makes  it all the more baffling why we never signed a holding midfielder in the window

Because Pearson doesn't play with holding midfielders. I would argue he should, but he simply doesn't. Classic 442 everwhere he's been. I would wager a bet that even a fit George Thorne wouldn't get into Pearson's side because he isn't mobile enough.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

The thing is though… even in a 442 you still need one sitting and one supporting - be it if they're in designated roles or act as pivots. Bournemouth for example have Surman sitting and Arter supporting. If Pearson doesn't see the need for a designated holding midfielder then we better hope Bryson and Hughes can adapt and form a partnership.

Exactly, unless the two have a very good awareness of each other to do mutual covering and knowing who's getting up in which attack, it tends to be one sits back more one goes forwards more.

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Shag pile ?:ph34r:

Just been talking to Rams season ticket holder at work, he said a steward where the players park their cars was told by Thorne he was 2 months away from being ready, that was 2 weeks ago so if it's gen, he'll be ready in 6 weeks. 

Oven cooked and ready to go I hope , I'm a big Thorne fan, fantastic in Morse and the Sweeney ( God just given my age away) 

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Shag pile ?:ph34r:

Just been talking to Rams season ticket holder at work, he said a steward where the players park their cars was told by Thorne he was 2 months away from being ready, that was 2 weeks ago so if it's gen, he'll be ready in 6 weeks. 

I overheard Thorney saying to 1 Derby fan after the game that he'd be back in November/December.. So will see about that, can't really relying on him tbh. 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I overheard Thorney saying to 1 Derby fan after the game that he'd be back in November/December.. So will see about that, can't really relying on him tbh. 

This lad was delivering an air conditioning unit and noticed my Ram tattoo on my arm and said he was a season ticket holder and we just got chatting, you don't meet many Rams in Welwyn Garden City, anyway during the conversation he said what I posted earlier and I was just passing it on. 

I just hope the lad get's a lengthy run without injury when he does finally get back, he's bloody earned it. 

Archived