Favourite Current Players

rynny

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes, because he's the best player the club has developed from scratch in decades. And seems like a nice kid.

Camara, because he didn't once complain or seem upset when he hardly got a chance to play after moving here. 

Keogh, because he persevered after the playoff final and gives everything in every game. And doesn't get injured!

Ince - Mainly because he don't give a **** what you lot think about him.

Vydra - Because he has the coolest name to have on the back of your shirt we've had in forever. The 10 year old within me loves this. None of this boring Martin nonsense.

Christie - He doesn't know what his feet are doing half the time, and neither do I. I love that fact.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

1. George Thorne - he is the player I dreamed of being as a young lad.

2. Will Hughes - it's impossible not to love such a talent that's come through your own academy. 

3 Tom Ince - for me, out most talented attacking player by miles, I don't care if he smiles or runs around a lot.

I dreamed of having a job where I could call in sick every day and no one would bat an eye lid. 

(Love ya really Georgie)

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ince - Mainly because he don't give a **** what you lot think about him.

Vydra - Because he has the coolest name to have on the back of your shirt we've had in forever. The 10 year old within me loves this. None of this boring Martin nonsense.

Christie - He doesn't know what his feet are doing half the time, and neither do I. I love that fact.

I bet you were a fan of Theo. 

My favourite was Chris Martin. Now I don't know what to think. Nothing makes sense any more.  

Baird, Blackman and Johnson now. Unfortunately Sammon has gone! 

I also prefer us to play 4-1-4-1 formation with Hughes playing deep so he can't get into those pesky goal scoring positions. Carson on the wing and Keogh up front.

I am a huge fan of Nigel Pearson's tactics and formations and I believe he must be given at least 30 years to sort out the team, even if we go non league for a while. 

Bryson, for turning down Burnley and putting the effort and attitude in no matter what. Not to say hes not limited or doesnt have matches where he is ineffective, but hes a persinal fave since he first joined. Think he won POTS his first season with us. 

Russell, similar to above, although his star may fade if Anya runs down the wing for me. 

Hughes. Pure class. Honourable

mentions for several injured players particularly the handsome one, (hello George). 

Johnson because I think he needs some love and praise for what he is (not tar and feather for what hes not) and I hope now the clique is being broken up, he starts to shine. I also like that im confidant im probably more clever than him. 

I knew of most of the Derby players before starting to support them this season but not really seen too much of them on a consistent basis. I think on what I HAVE seen though both in the past on telly and what I've seen this season in the flesh thus far then currently my top 3 would be:

1. Keogh. Makes mistakes from reading this forum although I've not seen any personally but from what I know and what I've seen he is a battler and nearly always gives his all for the team and club and if you can't produce on the goods on the pitch then the very least you can do is sweat, run about a lot and at least try. Got to be number one for me.

2. Carson. Never really rated him as a keeper from what I've seen over the years but so far this season he's been really solid and I've been impressed. Obviously a former international keeper so despite the Croatia shenanigans which he's done really well to bounce back from, i'd have to say he's one of the best keepers in the division for sure. The Barnsley goal was nothing he could have done anything about.

3. Hughes. The bloke has a lot of talent and could be anything. Not helped this season by the position he is played in nor players around him being 'safe' but play to his strengths and from what I've seen on tv he's a star player.

You have to like Keogh for his complete utter honesty and commitment. Every single game. 

Like isn't quite the same as favourite though is it. .. My little trinity is along with a fair number on here ....Hughes, Thorne, Ince ... They all do what they do with panache and a touch of stardust. 

You can live well and enjoy life on pie chips and peas ... But Sometimes you need some Rare steak, whole grain mustard, petit poids and a good burgundy. It kind of makes life just that bit sweeter for some reason.

Archived