Simon Dawkins appreciation

niram

Happy to see him doing well in the US and seeming to be enjoying his football! His attitude and skill on the ball where a joy to watch when we played our attractive football under mac and i hope all is okay with his family dispite a rough last year, one of my favourite derby players to watch in recent years.   he would look brilliant in this new set up team:wub:..     Miss ya dawks:(

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, niram said:

Happy to see him doing well in the US and seeming to be enjoying his football! His attitude and skill on the ball where a joy to watch when we played our attractive football under mac and i hope all is okay with his family dispite a rough last year, one of my favourite derby players to watch in recent years.   he would look brilliant in this new set up team:wub:..     Miss ya dawks:(

Whilst I'm very happy for him that he's happy at the moment, I suspect he wouldn't fit in Pearson's team at all. He was never one to press the opposition, or move at high pace.  He was the epiteme of McClaren's Derby, which Pearson has made clear has no place in his Derby squad.

Still, delighted that he's found somewhere where they appreciate him, especially after the heartache he's had to endure in recent years.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Whilst I'm very happy for him that he's happy at the moment, I suspect he wouldn't fit in Pearson's team at all. He was never one to press the opposition, or move at high pace.  He was the epiteme of McClaren's Derby, which Pearson has made clear has no place in his Derby squad.

Still, delighted that he's found somewhere where they appreciate him, especially after the heartache he's had to endure in recent years.

Absolutely.

If Brayford is the ultimate Nigel Clough signing (played for him at burton, great attitude, good value) then Dawkins is the archetypal McClaren signing  - great technique, lots of nice touches, not sure what or how to be effective, but look very fine whilst doing it. 

I guess that makes Nick Blackman the Clement signing template (oh dear) and Wassall never got the chance.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Joined SRG's man love brigade. 

Class player. Gave Forsyth chance to get forward because he was so reliable on the ball. 

He didn't take enough risks with the ball though. 

Great to see him doing well then

Who does take risks on the ball nowadays? Seems to be coached out of them I'm afraid. All about the percentage.

Real shame, I love a maverick.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Don't get too excited, this is the MLS, even Eddie could be the next Bradley Wright Phillips out there

Goals the same size in the MLS. Not like they were easy chances due to bad defending either. I wish he'd had that sort of composure with long shots when he was with us. 

Felt technically there was only Hughes better than him when he was in our side. 

Rubbish! Didn't run around enough, and as we all know, that is the most important attribute that can ever be displayed by a footballer. "Oh look at me sliding team mates in on goal with neat 1,2s" No! Real footballers race into the channel and battle for the throw in over and over and over again. I know as a fan that's what I pay my money to see. Intricate one touch passing holds little interest for me.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Rubbish! Didn't run around enough, and as we all know, that is the most important attribute that can ever be displayed by a footballer. "Oh look at me sliding team mates in on goal with neat 1,2s" No! Real footballers race into the channel and battle for the throw in over and over and over again. I know as a fan that's what I pay my money to see. Intricate one touch passing holds little interest for me.

We were really poor with him in the side weren't we ! Idiot.

Attractive play and scoring loads of goals is what I go to see and whatever you say we were in the top one or two teams for scoring goals with MacClaren. Our foot ball is barren at the moment and not half as enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Goals the same size in the MLS. Not like they were easy chances due to bad defending either. I wish he'd had that sort of composure with long shots when he was with us. 

Felt technically there was only Hughes better than him when he was in our side. 

Goals are the same size in the Premier Leave and Conference. Not saying Dawkins is a crap player but it's not hard to stand out in a league where Bradley Wright Phillips is a superstar.

Saying that before the Podcast on Wednesday night @Srg was suggesting we signed Wright Phillips as Martin's replacement. Tried to pass it off as his mate to test the water and see what we thought, was an obvious "my mate has a problem" situation.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Goals are the same size in the Premier Leave and Conference. Not saying Dawkins is a crap player but it's not hard to stand out in a league where Bradley Wright Phillips is a superstar.

Saying that before the Podcast on Wednesday night @Srg was suggesting we signed Wright Phillips as Martin's replacement. Tried to pass it off as his mate to test the water and see what we thought, was an obvious "my mate has a problem" situation.

Yeah And Wright Phillips is scoring for fun because the defending isn't great. Dawkins goals came mainly from outside the area there.

i think a better way of putting it is individual goals like 25 yard shots don't change no matter where you are. Defending inside a penalty area will change depending on the level.

Archived