strange one

B4ev6is

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I knew something was wrong behind the scences man giving chris martin out out on loan another massive mistake.

Beginning to think you are a WUM. I am going to have a word with your Dad to see if he can take you to the City Ground a bit more often.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Beginning to think you are a WUM. I am going to have a word with your Dad to see if he can take you to the City Ground a bit more often.

I have no idea what has driven you to say that. B4 is probably the biggest/most passionate Derby fan on this forum.

12 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I have no idea what has driven you to say that. B4 is probably the biggest/most passionate Derby fan on this forum.

Not sure how you square (in your opinion) our biggest/most passionate fan consistently slagging off the same players day in and day out, and now complaining about only spending £12m in the transfer window.  No need to answer Podgey. I am quite happy with my opinion on this.

Martin on loan is bonkers unless there is a secure chance of a permanent deal. Fulham are now a genuine top 6 contender thanks to us.

That said, on reflection, Pearson is changing the way we play, the signings he's brought in are excellent,  Ability pace honesty and work rate, Martin just doesn't fit how we want to play now, right for him and us to let him go.

im sad to see both Hendrick and Martin go, great servants and done brilliant things for the club. We move on now, Anya will become a hero very quickly. But I'm hacked off Pearson like 3 managers before him still hasn't addressed def mid! 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Martin on loan is bonkers unless there is a secure chance of a permanent deal. Fulham are now a genuine top 6 contender thanks to us.

That said, on reflection, Pearson is changing the way we play, the signings he's brought in are excellent,  Ability pace honesty and work rate, Martin just doesn't fit how we want to play now, right for him and us to let him go.

im sad to see both Hendrick and Martin go, great servants and done brilliant things for the club. We move on now, Anya will become a hero very quickly. But I'm hacked off Pearson like 3 managers before him still hasn't addressed def mid! 

I can see you're right about NP changing the way we play but I am simply unclear about the "to be" state of the NP team and hence how effective these signings will prove to be. 

Only seen footage of anya playing a couple of times for Scotland and he didn't achieve much. Vydra was strong about the same time CM played well so no idea at this stage whether he will prove successful or not.

Our style thus far this season has been the complete opposite of rapid passing from defence to attack so if that's the aim then more change needs to come about.

The big challenge now is to effect the changes NP is seeking without disenfranchising the rest of the existing players who are still in the majority. Not to be underestimated as the form has been so poor I haven't seen a core of players emerge yet that you could point to as "pearson " players he can build a new team around.

I expect this to be a turbulent period with a few false dawns. On we go! 

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This appears to be the case but why has it taken so long for these transfers to happen? Nigel Pearson has been our manager for 14 weeks. If he knew the system he wanted to play and he was aware that we didn't have the players to fit it, why have we taken so much time before sorting it out?

Was he just giving the current squad a chance to adjust? Transition takes time so don't just expect everything to click into place immediately against Newcastle now we have finally seen personnel changes.  

Normally getting a new manager in so early (e.g May) should give you an advantage in both the transfer market and having time to make adjustments but it feels like we've wasted the opportunity. 

On 31 August 2016 at 23:53, TheDeadlySaul said:

Baird is fine as a squad player 

Yes , so long as he doesn't ever play for the first team again, he's fine.

The way I see it Pearson doesn't have Martin in his future plans. The opening game of the season Martin is on the bench.

The game is 0 - 0 the crowd are demanding bring Martin on. Martin gets up to warn up. The crowd cheer.

Martin takes his top off the crowd cheer.

Martin comes on the crowd cheer.

Pearson is thinking is he the messiah?

Martin is thinking yeah I've got 20k fans backing my corner I'm God around these parts.

Pearson thinks this will have to change no one is bigger than the club. Transfer window Martin is gone. Pearson thinks cheer now when you see him warming up.

On 1 September 2016 at 00:02, Rich84 said:

Maybe the lack of a midfielder coming in is because the plan is for Baird to play Thorne's role until (if ever) he returns, or we will go with him in a back 3 and wing backs.......

I'm also wondering whether 3 CBs is in NP's mind. As I mentioned in another post our lack of height worries me. He might just go for Pearce or Baird in a three which would allow Keogh to carry the ball more and put Anya and Christie at Wing Back.

Johnson anchoring, Will and Craig/Jake feeding Vydra and a choice of four partners.

Don't rule Blackman out completely- he might get a go in the middle now we have so many wide men and CM is no longer top dog.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm also wondering whether 3 CBs is in NP's mind. As I mentioned in another post our lack of height worries me. He might just go for Pearce or Baird in a three which would allow Keogh to carry the ball more and put Anya and Christie at Wing Back.

Johnson anchoring, Will and Craig/Jake feeding Vydra and a choice of four partners.

Don't rule Blackman out completely- he might get a go in the middle now we have so many wide men and CM is no longer top dog.

Don't disagree with what you are saying but If you are playing 3 at the back you don't need 1 player anchoring as well. Better off using that extra man in the hole behind the front 2 a bit like Baiano and Ron Willems used to do. Ince or Hughes could probably do that role for us supplying through balls for Wilson and Vydra.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am not happy letting go of martin who has givin everything to this club scoring 60 goals over 3 seasons. On game day who ever pulls on the black and white shirt on i will support to the death if i agree with or not.

I wouldn't exactly say he's given everything for the club

hreat player for the last few years but times change, he's not the type of player for the manager

and as for bird and blackmen, give it a rest. Every post you slag one of them off yet your Derbys biggest fan!! That's called hypocracy

I think one of the big changes you will see over a few games is the team as a whole sitting a little deep as they tend to do but they will sit as a unit without that big gap between forward line and midfield as our forward line has real pace now to break out big time fast , Martin and our attack for a while has been stuttering as teams push up on our midfield and defence hence Martin had to hold the ball up much longer until midfield reached him for lay offs or to run beyond him,, I'm  sure given time on the training field and some games we are going to see Derby s transition from defence to attack being our forwards and midfield streaming forward with intent and pace as a unit ,, there may be a short term place for Baird but hopefully Hansen will be coached into the Thorne type role and grow in it , I'm very excited about the team we will build ,it's been a while since we looked really electric like we did for a spell under Mac ,, hull play off away but the tie was effectively over in the minds of hull players and one of the massive pluses in that game for us was wiemens pace ,, we have pace in abide see now it's up to Nige to get our team utilising it ,,,,,,, as I've said in another thread stop for a minute and look at our squad again ,,, bloody basis of a promotion challenging club with lots of options not just 4/3/3 ,,, the one thing we could really have done with is that nasty ball winning captain type defensive midfielder but maybe Pearson feels Johnson/ Hansen/Baird could cover until he brings the right one in to cover Thorne or push him for his first team place,, let's see him get this lot doing things the way he wants then watch the Jan transfer window

Guys. Martin has been a great player at this club and holds a big place in a Derby fans heart. But let's face it, he obviously doesn't fit in whatever the manager has in mind.

Martin hasn't exactly set the world alight during this campaign or at the end of last season to be honest. By his standards he is not performing (you can argue the style we are adopting doesn't suit him) but isn't that the point. Why keep someone on the basis "he was a great player and our best striker for years, when we played the old system LAST year and before".

Wait and see what the season brings and if we are not showing signs of improving then start your moaning.

We all have to move on and get behind the club not stand in the way.

I have never witnessed so much negativity around this club.

I have said it in another thread, when we bought in Stimach around November 2005 I think. we were languishing in the bottom half and going nowhere. I also believe we lost our first game with Stimach in it 5 - 0 (I stand to be corrected). We then went on a winning streak of about 10 games. 

Stick with it for now and let's see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I have said it in another thread, when we bought in Stimac around November 2005 I think. we were languishing in the bottom half and going nowhere. I also believe we lost our first game with Stimac in it 5 - 0 (I stand to be corrected). We then went on a winning streak of about 10 games. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Guys. Martin has been a great player at this club and holds a big place in a Derby fans heart. But let's face it, he obviously doesn't fit in whatever the manager has in mind.

Martin hasn't exactly set the world alight during this campaign or at the end of last season to be honest. By his standards he is not performing (you can argue the style we are adopting doesn't suit him) but isn't that the point. Why keep someone on the basis "he was a great player and our best striker for years, when we played the old system LAST year and before".

Wait and see what the season brings and if we are not showing signs of improving then start your moaning.

We all have to move on and get behind the club not stand in the way.

I have never witnessed so much negativity around this club.

I have said it in another thread, when we bought in Stimach around November 2005 I think. we were languishing in the bottom half and going nowhere. I also believe we lost our first game with Stimach in it 5 - 0 (I stand to be corrected). We then went on a winning streak of about 10 games. 

5-1 and Stimac scored the goal against Tranmere. I am pretty sure the unbeaten run stretched to 18 games.

Archived