And so it begins... Enjoy the next few years

Bris Vegas

Our downfall will be throwing all our eggs in the Paul Clement basket last year. That's what destroyed the solid foundations Clough laid and McClaren built on.

We needed finishing touches on a house but hired some builder called Paul who gave us a big extension that was full of asbestos and horse ****. Expensive horse ****.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Johnson was the 'big tough' centre mid we'd been crying out for and Butterfield fit in fine. Ince came in on loan and scored for fun in McClaren's system so he looked a good buy. Blackman and Weimann didn't, but now we're changing systems to something that could potentially suit them, hopefully. Pearson is clearly trying to change to his own system and obviously that takes time so why won't you give him a chance rather than writing him off already and stating you're effectively 'done with the club?' 

Because he can only see football played in one way . And is so one minded on how it should be played .

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Our downfall will be throwing all our eggs in the Paul Clement basket last year. That's what destroyed the solid foundations Clough laid and McClaren built on.

We needed finishing touches on a house but hired some builder called Paul who gave us a big extension that was full of asbestos and horse ****. Expensive horse ****.

And then instead of getting a better builder to come and rebuild the extension, we went out and got a builder with a JCB to come and knock the whole house down...

Blimey. We've just received a whooping 10 million for a player that cost us zero! And sold/loaned a striker who hasn't scored for a dozen or more games. And people are slashing their wrists. I for one am looking forward to seeing some real pace upfront. The signing of the two Watford boys looks shrewd to me. They know each others game and will help each other integrate into an already very strong squad. We'll finish top six or thereabouts this year. And if we need to spend big in January we can and will. This isn't a hobby for our coaching staff. They know what they are doing...and given time I'm sure they will prove it. 

34 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield? That's 5. Not including Hanson and Elsnik, even if you think they aren't ready.

The 'our midfield needs strengthening' argument I've seen a lot of on here has been absolutely baffling me. People forget we are a championship club, our midfield is pretty bloody good for this level! 

4 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

The 'our midfield needs strengthening' argument I've seen a lot of on here has been absolutely baffling me. People forget we are a championship club, our midfield is pretty bloody good for this level! 

Ah now I will say that we are lacking something there. None of them have been effective yet. Butterfield is being forced out to the left, Bryson has been dining out of 13/14 for too long and Johnson looks a shell of himself. But for numbers, we're good. I'm upset that we didn't wheel and deal MORE in central midfield actually. Johnson or Bryson perhaps could have gone in favour of a new face there.

Just watched interview with Ikechi Anya, seems like a top fella. Knows a lot of our squad already and very very pleased and privileged to be here. Most footballers come out with the usual bullshit. But this fella seems very genuine. Think we may have a good 'un.

18 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

It's all about the balance in midfield and so far we look like anything but a good midfield, including Hughes

29 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

It's all about the balance in midfield and so far we look like anything but a good midfield, including Hughes

The thing is though - our new look strike force is pacey and will be best getting in behind whereas our midfield is built largely of controllers who will look to dominate possession.

It's a combination that I'll be intrigued to see in action.

1 minute ago, cannable said:

The thing is though - our new look strike force is pacey and will be best getting in behind whereas our midfield is built largely of controllers who will look to dominate possession.

It's a combination that I'll be intrigued to see in action.

I think Butterfield and Hughes will love having pacey strikers to play through balls too. Maintaining possession was obviously the tactics before but I think a lot of that is about slowly moving up the pitch which you have to do if you've no pace up front.

Archived