Who is to blame - players or manager?

Sparkle

Let's blame......  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Just signed up so probably look like a total wristslasher who's only here to moan but after the success of the last few years tbh that showing almost reduced me to tears. Imo the blame has to be put on both the players and the manager. obviously the tactics there were god awful hopeless long balls again and again with exactly the same **** result every single time but the lack of urgency and simple effort from the players were disgusting and each and every one of them should be ashamed. Now to read through some of the pun ridden threads I've seen from reading here to try to put my mind off what I just witnessed?

You'll fit right in here. Welcome.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No passion, no tempo, no aggression or desire to win the ball. No attacking flair, no understanding, no courage and no confidence. Just a bunch of players. When we are on the ball or off it. The player with the ball or chasing just looks around and everyone else is just piszing about failing to do the basics. Get them on a flight to a remote uninhabited island for 2 weeks and give them limited supplies and pick them up just in time for our next match. 

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Rubbish. They've played like that under SMC and Clement heaps. The core of that team have failed year after year. Get the rotten apples out. 

Agree 100% these types of performances haven't come out of the blue. We've seen them for The last 3 seasons, but they were mixed in with some good and some very good ones. Trouble is now the latter two seem to have dried.

anyone who thinks we've been completely wonderful for the last 3 years must have some seriously rose tinted glasses on.

Mel Morris, the disease on this club..... 

We can talk about tactics, players playing poor etc

The main reason is Mel.... the culture of this club has gone backwards in 12 months. We've become an arrogant, prima donna rich club to fill an ego of a chairman who lies, manipulates and is a coward.

Feel free to delete if you want Mods. If I've gone to far on here I apologise, if Mel has a problem with what I have written feel free to give him my name. 

Regards The Mafia

Not a lot to say really - bitterly disappointed with just about every minute of every game we have played this season. I have said that I always back the manager while he is in charge, but by god, this one's making it very difficult for me to do that simple thing.

Players show no consistency in performances and this has often been the case during the last four managers .

I cant think of one player i would want to keep above the Manager at the moment.NP has proved himself as a  successful championship Manager and therefore deserves the oppurtunity to mould a team, the players however have proved very little other than the inability to jell and improve collectively as team.

Bunch of prima donnas.

Not sure this lot have peaked, Mac came in and took a mid table side to finish 3rd, motivation I am sure was the key and quiet possibly got them playing out of their skin s to 100% capacity. 

We have added more 'better ' players to the squad but we really have not replicated 2014/15 since. Some believe there is a mental block because of the 3 failures in getting so close to promotion, maybe there is?

It could also be that we think we are better than we really are?

Watching tonight, Martin and Bent offered little, Russell I didn't realise was on the pitch until the 78th minute, Hughes had another off game, Ince didn't turn up, Bryson kept going to deep, Christie still cannot cross a ball.

The final ball tonight from every player went astray.

Clear out of some of the prima donnas is necessary of us to move on.

It's got to be both right now. But looking at the pasts of both manager and players, the manager has succeeded in this division and the division above, playing good football. The set of players currently have shown promise yet when it comes to the bigger games seem to bottle it every single time. 

To be perfectly honest I'm half tempted to say neither!

We have square pegs in round holes because we don't have players that fit any system. We don't have a fit defensive midfielder to play 4-3-3. Probably the best we have is Hughes but then he's wasted in the position. We miss Thorne badly. We could probably also do with another top quality forward to play on the wing, and not another striker that "can" play out wide.

For a 4-4-2 we don't seem to have any midfielders that are comfortable playing as a two and we also lack two old fashioned wide men.

I don't really believe the last few season have been a failure, injuries and stuff happening off the pitch meant promotion didn't happen. At the beginning of last season I believe we needed 2-3 quality players adding in key positions to really push on.

Now? I have no idea what we need. There seems to have been a disconnect between recruitment and the management team somewhere down the line. As to where the blame lies? I have no idea!

Just my two pennies worth!

simply, it has to lie at the management team. It is their job to motivate, organise and discipline the team.

It seems no lessons are being learned so far. 

Pearson either has to get rid of the players that cannot play (whatever way is) his way of playing, OR he needs to change the way of playing.

18 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Manager for poor tactics and team selections. Players for not working hard enough on the pitch to follow Pearson's instructions. Morris/Rush for chopping and changing so much stuff in a short period of time. Fans for being such drama queens and being probably a major part in the player's declining confidence. Why does the blame have to lie on just one person/group? They're/we're all partly responsible.

However, some fans need to remember we're just 5 games into the season. Pearson was appointed and literally every Leicester fan who came on here said you'll need to be patient, it might be a rough start because he takes time getting everyone playing the way he wants but once they do, we'll reap the benefits. Obviously though, we're Derby and our fans, for the most part, are very precious individuals who believe they're entitled to win every game and watch a team in the 2nd tier play like Barcelona. 

People have every right to be annoyed at the recent performances, I know I am .... but for people to be already suggesting they want Pearson gone after just 5 games and that we're now candidates for relegation is just silly. 

Great post Cam and totally agree with all of it. I think the two key points about tonight are the 3 subs made so quickly into the second half. I've rarely seen that in football and IMO it is a positive for NP. There are far too many managers who let the clock tick down hoping for a lucky break instead of taking decisive action and addressing the issue. It was certainly rash but I like that. Why wait if it's blatantly not working.

Secondly although we were absolutely atrocious going forward, if it wasn't for the defensive cock up that let their bloke in for the goal then we'd have got another 0-0. Signs are there that he's looking to certainly shore up at the back and make us tough to beat but we do have major issues in midfield, on the wings and up top. If we can see signs that these areas are gradually beginning to improve over the next handful of games then i'm confident that NP knows what he's trying to do and slowly but surely he's turning things around. If we're still the same come November time churning out dross and struggling for wins and seeing no evidence of a plan then questions need to be asked and rightly so.

Two weeks off now so enjoy!

Archived