Who is to blame - players or manager?

Sparkle

Let's blame......  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I feel sorry for Daz Waz. 

I have since day 1 i heard callers of radio derby calling for his head.

He did a way better job than the 2nd half of clements tenure, and pearsons tenure.

But oh no.... still fans lambasted him, for just every single performance.

and Pearson can probably go through 2 seasons before he genuinally has a hard time, due to his past reputation.

The biggest gripe i always had, was Pearson is a leicester man through and through.

and always will be in my eyes.

Whereas Wassall was derby through and through, he was one of our own, and his treatment by our own fans was nothing short of scandalous.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mixture of Mel Morris, the management and of course the players.

Morris - No real vision on what he wants. "The Derby Way", "Clement is our Ferguson" blah blah. Have a plan and stick to it.

Management - For not getting the best out of these players regularly . I have seen too often from this crop going into winnable games and faltering, wheres the passion? the hunger? the desire to win when the crowd turning? Wigan (2014) under Mcclaren, Forest, Leeds (2015) under Clement, Rotherham, Hull (2016)  under Wassall. Theres a pattern here...

Players - How can I forget them? 10-30 grand a week and only show up when they are arsed. Are limited to playing a 433 formation, no leadership, blaming one another when things aren't working, wheres the fight? Take responsibility, press the opposition it isn't rocket science.  It's the same old **** every Summer pre season from certain individuals, "Oh last season I don't think I had a great season, this one i'm going to improve blah blah" only to be even poorer than the previous season. Frustrating stuff

29 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

Both. There's no passion. How can you go from hull away, players fighting for the ram on their shirt to eleven players just waddling round the pitch. Sort it out mel Morris this is ******* disgraceful

Players 100percent ,, long ball tactics from Pearson? Do we not feel that the long ball often comes from players being closed down and pressed by teams who are more determined and outwork us ?not just the player being pressed panicking but also no movement around him with players from our side showing for and wanting the ball?we have got two choices ,,, we let this group of players choose a manager or we let the manager choose a group of players ,, people say Pearson looks lost on the touch line ,,,,,, I'm not surprised ,I bet he's wondering how this lot ever got anywhere near promotion the last 3 years

22 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I just dont think the players have bought into NP and what he wants to do.

Neither have I. I wanted so badly to be wrong when I put my head in my hands when he was appointed but what I thought it would be like has come to pass. 

Our best creative players who are sat defending instead of creating attaching intent, the opposition creating all sorts of bother in the wide positions because we have no full backs, Shackell has morphed into Claud Davis, Martin has become Ravanelli, Tom Ince has to cover half the pitch because the gap between Martin and the defenders (who include our whole midfield because they spend all game holding hands) is enormous... I'm rambling because I stood in a crowd of 6,000 who could see the problems and one knuckle headed manager keeps playing that way. Gutted. 

Without any doubt whatsoever the blame lies at the players feet. 

Sick of hearing about tactics and formations. These are proffessional footballers striving to get in the Premier League. They should be able to play a different formation every week. 

Once those players cross that white line. Its down to them. Is it the managers fault that simple passes go astray, crosses are overhit, players arent running into space or moving the ball quick enough, or that Bent is offside every single time?

We had one good season under Mac which culminated in that day at Wembley. But the inconsistency levels in this team are utterly staggering. Starting right from when we were top of the league under McClaren. There has been far too many gamed where we havent turned up. 

Too many times I am coming out of games saying the opposition wanted that more than us. Which is one thing you should never have to say. 

These players cant find a way to win games or draw games when things arent going their way like Burnley did on their last 2 promotion seasons. 

Quite frankly these players are a disgrace to the football club. Nowhere near as good as anyone thinks. 

You can blame Mel Morris for bringing players in. But the players out their tonight Russell, Hughes, Martin were here before Mel. And each one of those look like they dont want to be here. 

Just want to mark the players tonight. 

Carson 6- No chance with the goal and had nothing else to do.

Christie 5- Not good enough. One year left. Get rid. 

Keogh 7- Only player who looks like he cares. Didnt put a foot wrong.

Shackell 6- Headed everything. Didnt do too much wrong other than a few woeful crossfield balls.

Olsson 5- Not really tested defensively but some awful crossing. Wasnt helped playing with Russell either. 

Hughes 4- The talent that this lad has got is undeniable. He should be dominating a midfield and controlling it. Not showing anywhere near enough. 

Bryson 4- Full of running. But thats it.

Butterfield 4- Where was he playing? 

Ince 3- Awful. Such an enigma. Bags of talent but we rarely see it. 

Russell 1- Sick to the back teeth of this bloke now. Turned up for the last 7/8 games of last season and the fans worshipped him. Fact is, he is a below average footballer. Olsson running down the wing and Russell just stands behind watching him. For their goal he didnt do nowhere near enough to stop the cross. In the first 5 minutes, he picked the ball up inside his own half. He had acres to run into. Nobody near him. He stopped the ball dead. Looked up and smashed it straight down the middle to their keeper. Wasnt within 30 yards of the nearest Derby player. That sums him up. Id get rid if we can. The bloke has probably had 10 decent games in 2 years. 

Martin- Isolated. But there was some balls to his feet that were bread and butter and he couldnt do anything. Couldnt look any less interested if he tried. If Wolves come back. Ill drive him there myself. 

Subs:-

Camara 6- Direct and looked out only threat when he came on.

Bent 3- Useless. Somebody explain the offside rule to him?

Wilson 5- A few poor touches but didnt get a lot of the ball. Should have pulled the trigger on one. 

Sell Martin, Russell, Bent, and Christie. Bring in a striker, winger and a right back. 

Start playing Johnson in his position and put Weimann and Thorne in when they are fit. 

Pearson will get this right. I have no doubts at all. He has got to be given time. 

Players for definite.

pearson tactics don't stop players passing the ball 5 yards to feet.

why is Russell running 20 yards across the pitch to then pass it 5 yards to the payer he's just closed all the space down for. Pass at 15 yards and move off creating space for him.

pearson doesn't stop the players getting their head up and seeing if there's actually someone to pass to up front. They just punted it blindly to anywhere but where the forward was.

everytime someone passed to Olson it was behind him on his weak foot. Do they even know he's left footed?!

carlisle showed us how to pass out quickly from the back, 1 and 2 touch football. We have to take 10 touches trying to take three players on in the process (will). Just play it wide to the player in space.

sky commentator got it spot on when he said when the players cross the white line they beed to take responsibility. 

So players, take bloody responsibility and sort yourselves out or pay off your contract and **** off so we can get someone in that gives a toss.

Let's get one thing straight. Do you really think Pearson said to the players before hand 'alright lads let's hoof the ball into the air to the forward.' No absolutely not, players hoof the ball when they have run out of ideas or not imaginative to create an opportunity.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Let's get one thing straight. Do you really think Pearson said to the players before hand 'alright lads let's hoof the ball into the air to the forward.' No absolutely not, players hoof the ball when they have run out of ideas or not imaginative to create an opportunity.

Exactly. It's ******* blind. Keogh and Shackell make me shake my ******* head. What are they trying to do? At Barnsley and again tonight the home defenders were playing excellent balls in the channels and to their forwards. Ours? Hopeless. 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sick of hearing about tactics and formations. These are proffessional footballers striving to get in the Premier League. They should be able to play a different formation every week. 

Once those players cross that white line. Its down to them. Is it the managers fault that simple passes go astray, crosses are overhit, players arent running into space or moving the ball quick enough, or that Bent is offside every single time?

We had one good season under Mac which culminated in that day at Wembley. But the inconsistency levels in this team are utterly staggering. Starting right from when we were top of the league under McClaren. There has been far too many gamed where we havent turned up. 

Too many times I am coming out of games saying the opposition wanted that more than us. Which is one thing you should never have to say. 

These players cant find a way to win games or draw games when things arent going their way like Burnley did on their last 2 promotion seasons. 

Quite frankly these players are a disgrace to the football club. Nowhere near as good as anyone thinks. 

You can blame Mel Morris for bringing players in. But the players out their tonight Russell, Hughes, Martin were here before Mel. And each one of those look like they dont want to be here. 

Shackell 6- Headed everything. Didnt do too much wrong other than a few woeful crossfield balls.

Olsson 5- Not really tested defensively but some awful crossing. Wasnt helped playing with Russell either. 

Hughes 4- The talent that this lad has got is undeniable. He should be dominating a midfield and controlling it. Not showing anywhere near enough. 

Russell 1- Sick to the back teeth of this bloke now. Turned up for the last 7/8 games of last season and the fans worshipped him. Fact is, he is a below average footballer. Olsson running down the wing and Russell just stands behind watching him. For their goal he didnt do nowhere near enough to stop the cross. In the first 5 minutes, he picked the ball up inside his own half. He had acres to run into. Nobody near him. He stopped the ball dead. Looked up and smashed it straight down the middle to their keeper. Wasnt within 30 yards of the nearest Derby player. That sums him up. Id get rid if we can. The bloke has probably had 10 decent games in 2 years. 

Martin- Isolated. But there was some balls to his feet that were bread and butter and he couldnt do anything. Couldnt look any less interested if he tried. If Wolves come back. Ill drive him there myself. 

Wilson 5- A few poor touches but didnt get a lot of the ball. Should have pulled the trigger on one. 

Sell Martin, Russell, Bent, and Christie. Bring in a striker, winger and a right back. 

Start playing Johnson in his position and put Weimann and Thorne in when they are fit. 

Pearson will get this right. I have no doubts at all. He has got to be given time. 

Exactly what I put in different words

id ship out more than you though after that performance!

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agree with the post minus the Keogh bit? He completely missed his header for their goal. And his distribution was shocking (not just him, the whole back 5 distribution was shocking). 

Players for me. The only one I can pick out is the same Pearson did, Bryson-he at least gives some effort into what he does and he the first player in a long time that I've seen turn round to another one of ours and ask 'what the f*** was that?' To keogh in regards to a pass that ended with brys getting booked. Not enough of that going on. Lack of heart and desire is frustratingly evident, which should be the absolute minimum that any player should give. Too many of ours getting knocked off the ball or beaten to it by hungrier players. 

This 'attitude' seemed to appear when clement tried changing things and doing things his own way...coincidence? Players spitting out their dummy when asked to do something differently? I hope not but player power is massive now...just ask Jose M! 

Players. I don't care about systems, bedding in, over hauls,etc. I don't care we've only got 5 points. I don't.  

I care that professional footballers can't string 2 passes together.  I care that we don't have attempts on goal. I care that Bent can't stay onside. I care that we don't press the opposition. 

We have got to give Pearson time - but some of our players are an embarrassment to our club. 

Archived