Who is to blame - players or manager?

Sparkle

Let's blame......  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have the last two seasons taught you nothing? Chopping and changing the manager hasn't changed anything. It's the core of that side that's the problem. Too many players who don't care enough, who don't fight for their team like Clough's Burton team tonight. 

We have been fighting for promotion for the past three seasons with 3 different managers! We just need tweaking not a whole new rebuilding period for christ sake. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

We have been fighting for promotion for the past three seasons with 3 different managers! We just need tweaking not a whole new rebuilding period for christ sake. 

And your solution to that is to sack another manager? Come on...

Ffs. We are 5 league games in under a new regime. We have a great squad and a proven manager and a management team he believes in. Give it time for them to all form an understanding and transfer it to the pitch. After 20 -  25 Games and we're in the Relegation zone then we need to have a rethink. 

What if mac, clement and wassall were manegerial genius' getting the best out of a very bad side... Ooo its mainly cloughs side... The side that finished 15th and avoided relegation on the last day... We are where we are the league doesnt lie thats how good we are 

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Don't want him sacked yet, but want him to change things quick. Not convinced at all so far, no game plan, nothing changing and Pearson looking clueless on the side-lines. 

Well I can at least agree with you on that. Things need to change and quickly. For me, that means personnel changes on the pitch. Weed out the ones that don't want to be here. 

Just signed up so probably look like a total wristslasher who's only here to moan but after the success of the last few years tbh that showing almost reduced me to tears. Imo the blame has to be put on both the players and the manager. obviously the tactics there were god awful hopeless long balls again and again with exactly the same **** result every single time but the lack of urgency and simple effort from the players were disgusting and each and every one of them should be ashamed. Now to read through some of the pun ridden threads I've seen from reading here to try to put my mind off what I just witnessed?

Manager. We've barely spent any of the last 3 seasons outside the top 8 and for the vast majority of the time we have entertained so those complaining about the players are basically arguing that they are entitled to promotion and nothing less as Derby fans.

There's plenty of time to put things right, but the style of football doesn't bode well. Creative midfielders yet again sat so deep that they were only just in front of the back 4. Forwards hopelessly isolated. For two seasons all this team needed was proper defensive midfield cover after Eustace packed up and this transfer window we didn't even have a sniff at Jedinak who would've been ideal.

Archived