Who is to blame - players or manager?

Sparkle

Let's blame......  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players 100%. We've seen this for years now. No fight. No passion. Awful decision making. Genuinely thought Keogh was the only one who looked like he gave a f*ck. They've embarrassed our club and our fans tonight and they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I'm behind Pearson and Powell complete and I hope they're allowed to get rid of some of the absolute weeds we have in that team. 

Manager for poor tactics and team selections. Players for not working hard enough on the pitch to follow Pearson's instructions. Morris/Rush for chopping and changing so much stuff in a short period of time. Fans for being such drama queens and being probably a major part in the player's declining confidence. Why does the blame have to lie on just one person/group? They're/we're all partly responsible.

However, some fans need to remember we're just 5 games into the season. Pearson was appointed and literally every Leicester fan who came on here said you'll need to be patient, it might be a rough start because he takes time getting everyone playing the way he wants but once they do, we'll reap the benefits. Obviously though, we're Derby and our fans, for the most part, are very precious individuals who believe they're entitled to win every game and watch a team in the 2nd tier play like Barcelona. 

People have every right to be annoyed at the recent performances, I know I am .... but for people to be already suggesting they want Pearson gone after just 5 games and that we're now candidates for relegation is just silly. 

So easy to blame players for a lack of effort, desire etc.

Nonesense. We're playing awful and it's down to square pegs in round holes, a totally rubbish system, players far too deep and the quality of football drastically getting worse.

It's long ball rubbish after eight or nine slow passes at the back. It kept going backwards. So slow.

Players respond to what they like. Do you feel they are enjoying their football right now? It's rubbish and they know they're not being utilised properly. Awful stuff.

Get Wassall back please.

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

This group of players have been challenging for promotion under 3 different managers and it only seems to be this one who can't get them playing. Manager is to blame in my opinion. 

Rubbish. They've played like that under SMC and Clement heaps. The core of that team have failed year after year. Get the rotten apples out. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Rubbish. They've played like that under SMC and Clement heaps. The core of that team have failed year after year. Get the rotten apples out. 

Even if we have so called failed in the last three years I have enjoyed it and at least we have been competing at the top of the table. I would rather another near miss season then more of this dross being put out by Pearson. 

I'm devastated after this match. The players are so much better than this and I only hope Pearson is absolutely tearing them a new one right now. We need minimum three departures (I'd like to see Bent, Blackman and Baird gone) and bring in McManaman and Vydra to make our attacking options work hard to prove their place. Whatever the **** the Derby Way is, this isn't it. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

So easy to blame players for a lack of effort, desire etc.

Nonesense. We're playing awful and it's down to square pegs in round holes, a totally rubbish system, players far too deep and the quality of football drastically getting worse.

It's long ball rubbish after eight or nine slow passes at the back. It kept going backwards. So slow.

Players respond to what they like. Do you feel they are enjoying their football right now? It's rubbish and they know they're not being utilised properly. Awful stuff.

Get Wassall back please.

What do you think the system is . Bris? I can't tell.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Even if we have so called failed in the last three years I have enjoyed it and at least we have been competing at the top of the table. I would rather another near miss season then more of this dross being put out by Pearson. 

Have the last two seasons taught you nothing? Chopping and changing the manager hasn't changed anything. It's the core of that side that's the problem. Too many players who don't care enough, who don't fight for their team like Clough's Burton team tonight. 

Archived