Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I used to also doubt the defensive capabilities of Jeff too , untill Hull away in the play offs last year which showed me a totally different side too him .

That's the problem with judging a player on a handful of appearances rather than judging them on the near-200 they've played for your club though, and the reason why I wanted to dispute the claim of someone earlier that you can't get a good judgement on  a player by reading the views of the fans of his current team - if you can keep a balanced view on things then you can extract the relevant information in spite of any bias.

In the play-off match you mention he had no practically no defensive responsibilty. He had very little of it in the games he (allegedly) impressed for with Ireland either. I like him, in general, but defensively he's very laissez faire, very casual, he lets runners go, he loses the ball and doesn't chase back to get it - in other words he's regularly a defensive liability.

Day Five in Ed Dawes closet...

just heard a second telephone conversation of the day between Ed and Nigel  / Owen (it was difficult to make out which). Apparently Matt Le Tissier (no less!) has joined the charity walk (do keep up!) and is less than impressed at the curmudgeonly way the others are behaving in not going out on the town tonight. Overheard the following...

'...so Matt Thai [then a] wee dram going [on] to Newcastle Brown Ale..'

funny thing is amongst the puffa jackets at first I thought Ed said 'Toon Sale' not 'Broon Ale' but that wouldn't have made any sense :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bit of an update. Fee being negotiated, Reading want £10m. 

Reading? Hahaha he's a Watford player. Doh. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sorry not at the races. Of course he is. Had my Reading mate laughing about it today I forgot he only went on a season-long loan there

Not sure why your 'mate' laughing about it, Reading had the option to get him if they were promoted and pay £10m for him. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Not sure why your 'mate' laughing about it, Reading had the option to get him if they were promoted and pay £10m for him. 

He just doesn't seem to think he's worth that much, though he admits Reading's style never really suited him.

I think he's overpriced at 8.5m to be honest. But then again I said the same about Andre Gray and Michail Antonio who have both since gone on to prove their worth and more.

Archived