Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

So, since my last message the puns have started, the speculation has started/continued (FFP, Martin out) and we've had a bit of input from the Snowdonia tourist board :thumbsup:... but nothing concrete

Did signings always take this long to sort out (I know in this case, the news only 'broke' a couple of hours ago, so not expecting anything to have been sorted on this, just over the last few years there seems to have been a much bigger lag period between rumour starting > seeing player at local estate agents > signing). Getting impatiant. I'll have to move to the West Stand with my razor blades.

No Snowdonia isn't concrete, its el natural

It seems clubs are taking us for mugs when it comes to money imo

Hendrick is being touted for 6m, yet we're being asked for 8.5m for a player who scored 3 f****** goals last season, tell them to f*** off. 

He'd be a decent signing if used right, but you've got to question our club if their willing to let Martin go for below 8m and then sign someone with a lot less goals for 8+m.

17 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Sorry but at these prices I'd take Wells over Vydra all day, 8.5m is way too much for a guy who didn't fair great in his last season down here.

Exactly. and people want shot of Hendrick and Martin for less than that... its ridiculous 

I'd probably sell Hendrick for around that but not Martin.

Is £8.5m really that crazy for a guy who has proved in the past he can bag 20+ in this league? It's not like we're talking about a journeyman either, he's only 24. We turned down £8.5m for a midfielder that probably won't even be able to get in our starting line up. You have to pay a premium for strikers these days and he scored 9 goals in a team that struggled to score goals last season

Please be brave enough to walk away rather than pay over the odds. I know prices have gone a bit mad but its all relative to the value of our own players, plus at that fee he will probably lead to being highest paid and we saw what that leads to at the Wendies.

3 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I know one thing.. I'm sick of hearing "where does he fit in the team" and "does he fit our style".. If the players we have are pratically refusing to play another system or can't play another system... ship them out and find players who can and will. 

Or… y'know… use the system that gets the best of them all and build from there.

10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Is £8.5m really that crazy for a guy who has proved in the past he can bag 20+ in this league? It's not like we're talking about a journeyman either, he's only 24. We turned down £8.5m for a midfielder that probably won't even be able to get in our starting line up. You have to pay a premium for strikers these days and he scored 9 goals in a team that struggled to score goals last season

Makes you wonder if JH is on his way out at £8.5m it's like a straight swap in financial terms.

Makes sense with Vydra more likely to get game time than young Jeff, Its good business IMO (if it happens that is)

Lets sell hughes martin ince keogh weimann.... then sign vydra.... to appease all those screaming biut ffp amd bloated squad. Mel morris is an astute and very successful businessman.... im certain we are well away from any ffp issues so will everyone please drop that line. Also if we were looking to sell before buying then our 3rd-4th best centre mid would have been sold when burnley bid for him

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Makes you wonder if JH is on his way out at £8.5m it's like a straight swap in financial terms.

Makes sense with Vydra more likely to get game time than young Jeff, Its good business IMO (if it happens that is)

That in my opinion would be fantastic business, sell a player we don't really need and a buy the kind of pacey player were obviously crying out for at the minute.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That in my opinion would be fantastic business, sell a player we don't really need and a buy the kind of pacey player were obviously crying out for at the minute.

I would say judging by our midfield exploits this season. He's exactly the type of player we should need. 

48 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

surely this tips us over FFP?

Not when Martin is on his way to Wolves for a similar fee.

Not ITK but it wouldn't surprise me if a fee hasn't already been agreed for him and we are just waiting to get someone in before we let him go. Might be why Wolves haven't come back with another bid or moved onto someone else.....

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

West ham have announced they will unveil a highly rated young midfielder who is one of his clubs top players imminently.... please for the love of god dont be prince william

Hanson?

Archived