The being patient and supporting Pearson thread

SaintRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reserve my full judgement come the end of the season. 5 games in just isnt enough to start slating. Win a few games and everyone will pipe down thats football.

This team has failed to get out of the division when it could have done a lot better in the last 3 seasons. So NP cant really do much worse. Whatever he is building though might take time but the man has a track record of getting these things right,

Obviously he should have the fans backing until at least January, and probably the season. Hope he will be the saviour we need. He's just put massive pressure on himself by selling 2 of his best players, not really replacing them and still having the dross we signed last season to deal with (not his fault of no one wants them)

24 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Obviously he should have the fans backing until at least January, and probably the season. Hope he will be the saviour we need. He's just put massive pressure on himself by selling 2 of his best players, not really replacing them and still having the dross we signed last season to deal with (not his fault of no one wants them)

He needs longer. 

I'm dead against the route we're taking but it's happening so I'm just going to have to bite the bullet, get behind the team and accept that things might take time now.

Two or three years for me.

I feel like I've been turning up to see the same team try and fail for 3 years now. The first year was amazing and the football is probably the best we'll see for a long time. The last 2 have been a struggle of frustration where we've largely underperformed.

On the bright side we've got a good solid defence. Some very talented (albeit underperforming) midfielders. We've still got Will! :cool:

Vydra is undoubtedly a very talented young player and if Pearson can get the best out of him we could be onto a winner. Wilson also hasn't just been given a 4 year contract at united for no reason whilst Mourinho has let a lot of other youngsters go. Granted he was rather average last year but he'll be better for the experience.

We need to give him time. 

I'd argue that he couldn't have made a much worse start and he's significantly weakened the squad. However, he's already started the downfall, let's see whether he has the capability to fix it. 

He knows what the aim is - if he doesn't finish in the top six or 78 points or above then he's weakened the team. In that case, Mel will have a decision to make. 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We need to give him time. 

I'd argue that he couldn't have made a much worse start and he's significantly weakened the squad. However, he's already started the downfall, let's see whether he has the capability to fix it. 

He knows what the aim is - if he doesn't finish in the top six or 78 points or above then he's weakened the team. In that case, Mel will have a decision to make. 

We can't sack him until he has his team. If we do that then we will have no direction and a mess of a squad. Balls to the aim, play-offs are gone for me - we have to let him build his side now.

On 16 August 2016 at 23:29, SaintRam said:

I believe Pearson is going to bring us success. I agree with his statements regarding our squad's weaknesses and I think he knows exactly the right way to move forward. Brave decisions that many people don't like may be coming, but that's just part of football. 

I believe Mel Morris knew what Pearson's plan was when he hired him, and he's prepared to give him as much time as he needs. I certainly am.

Do your thing, Nige.

Please keep criticism of NP (at this early stage) to the whining thread, where I can easily ignore it, thank you.

If both Mel and Pearson didn't have very extensive discussions before they sealed the deal, neither should be allowed outside without a leash and a muzzle.

Neither can really afford another brain explosion (ie Pearson lose his temper; Mel have another managerial misstep) and not sustain substantial loss of credibility. If Pearson didn't set out a plan A, B and C detailing the dependency on the squad he inherited being able to adapt to his methodologies.

In that sense, while I have no doubt he'll find a balance soon, there was always a possibility that this season might involve a necessary step or two backwards, in order to move forward.

Keep the faith!

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Definitely some positivity needed . Way too many negative "fans" .

A fan is still a fan if they are concerned about the direction of the club and have an opinion that differs. As long as it is constructive then it is good.

I am equally concerned by the number of fans who seem to be in hero worship mode of NP and cannot see we have no guarantees that we will become the new Leicester. 

Either way we have gone to far now. The sale of Martin has shown that this is the direction we are taking and I just hope it is the correct one!

Sack? I think he's reconditioned the defense into a fortress and is transforming the side. Vydra adds finishing and pace, Anaya blistering pace and ball skills, and Wilson is a man united starlet with premier league skills.  All three look to be grafters too. I don't think we could have done much better. Hendrick hasn't been able to maintain consistency on the championship stage and is overshadowed by Bryson and Hughes, while Martin is just too static a player, lacks pace, and has been ineffective the whole year.

i don't like a couple away results so far and the performances have been muted, but that was a chance for NP to evaluate. He gave players a chance to prove.  I think his experiments have been on point and his subs timely and intelligent. 

I'm really excited at our new attacking group : Vydra Wilson and Anaya is a terrifying proposition for any championship defence, given their combined pace and skill. 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Sack? I think he's reconditioned the defense into a fortress and is transforming the side. Vydra adds finishing and pace, Anaya blistering pace and ball skills, and Wilson is a man united starlet with premier league skills.  All three look to be grafters too. I don't think we could have done much better. Hendrick hasn't been able to maintain consistency on the championship stage and is overshadowed by Bryson and Hughes, while Martin is just too static a player, lacks pace, and has been ineffective the whole year.

i don't like a couple away results so far and the performances have been muted, but that was a chance for NP to evaluate. He gave players a chance to prove.  I think his experiments have been on point and his subs timely and intelligent. 

I'm really excited at our new attacking group : Vydra Wilson and Anaya is a terrifying proposition for any championship defence, given their combined pace and skill. 

I hope you're right, but if we don't hit the ground running after the international break its going to be horrible - at the Ipro, on RD and on here!

17 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I hope you're right, but if we don't hit the ground running after the international break its going to be horrible - at the Ipro, on RD and on here!

The lack of "conviction" and our static forward play, combined with inept finishing has upset fans. These incoming players certainly aren't static, they can finish, and all three appear to have the mettle which fits what we need. Ipro will be rocking. Exciting times ahead!

Unlike most on here,  I'm really impressed so far with Pearson. Straight talker, demands intensity and quality. Needs to shake up this group. Is doing so. Doesn't mince words, doesn't bang on about getting behind the team (or blame fans)  but demands his players perform when on the pitch.  I'm excited to see three FLAIR attackers, because if we've lacked anything so far it's quality up front. I don't buy into the lacking midfield service arguments. 

If people wanted a Molly coddling coach who makes excuses, we should have rehired mclaren or clement or wassall.

Pearson is the man effecting change building a new and improved team with a better ethos. He's taking responsibility for the results and performances, then doing things about it. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

I think he's reconditioned the defense into a fortress 

That may indeed be the aim but he's a way off that imo. I have yet to see or read of an imperious defensive display. Sure we have kept some clean sheets but on each occasion have given up several clear chances to the opposition.

And it seems we have dropped the midfield significantly deeper to achieve those limited results. 

Too early for me to tell with any certainty exactly what shape of thing pearson is building for us.

I think the loan deal rather than perm for Martin shows clearly that if he is not part of how the manager wants to play then they want him out the club pdq , I have heard the stuff regards Mel Morris's picking the team but wonder if it's more a case of a certain few powerful players picking the team and that will never wash with a Pearson type , when all said and done we have knowingly brought in a strong manager with clear ideas of what he wants and not prepared to accept anything less than total commitment to his team in any formation , on that basis you have to let him do his job ,if player ins and outs appear on the face to weaken us individually but in the long term strengthen us team wise that would be pretty much what fans of Pearson who have watched him build at foxes told us will happen ,,,, I'm no Pearson worshiper and I can't give certainties but I believe he is a good manager who given faith and time will do a great job for us ,,, 

I totally agree , Pearson is the man for the job , yes theres going to be bumps in the road on the way but im sure he will eventually get us to the Premier League , hes evaluated the squad and has begun his rebuild , his new players certainly bring a possible different dimension going forward and i wasnt surprised with the players leaving, think this process will carry on in Jan window with another couple in and two or three leaving . Buckle in for the rollercoaster thats Derby County , Rams fans , in Mel and Sam weve got two people who want what we want , so lets get behind them and roar our lads on COYR

Archived