The being patient and supporting Pearson thread

SaintRam

I believe Pearson is going to bring us success. I agree with his statements regarding our squad's weaknesses and I think he knows exactly the right way to move forward. Brave decisions that many people don't like may be coming, but that's just part of football. 

I believe Mel Morris knew what Pearson's plan was when he hired him, and he's prepared to give him as much time as he needs. I certainly am.

Do your thing, Nige.

Please keep criticism of NP (at this early stage) to the whining thread, where I can easily ignore it, thank you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

Where were you guys when Wassall was in charge? 

Here supporting him as audibly as I ever am.

Had a brief downward turn after losing 3-0 at home to Hull but I was here, supporting him. 

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

pfft

Happy Clappers! :ph34r:

If you're either a Happy Clapper or an Incessant Cynic I'd much prefer to be a Happy Clapper wouldn't you?

Besides I have always had my criticisms, I just feel like many criticisms of NP so far are speculative and greatly exaggerated.

Around 95% of the people questioning Pearson's appointment aren't questioning Pearson - they're questing the huge change in direction that he symbolises.

I'd be happy to give him a few years IF a rebuild is what the aim is. If it isn't, then questions do need to be asked.

Just now, Saturn5 said:

this isn't as much fun as the Whining Thread 

I feel like spending A LOT of my time on here had created the illusion (for myself) that I enjoy crawling through **** and occasionally dropping something shiny in it for someone else to find. I've recently stopped finding it enjoyable. 

Just now, cannable said:

Around 95% of the people questioning Pearson's appointment aren't questioning Pearson - they're questing the huge change in direction that he symbolises.

Perhaps they should ask Mel that rather than question Pearo. Unless you think Mel is surprised by it?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I feel like spending A LOT of my time on here had created the illusion (for myself) that I enjoy crawling through **** and occasionally dropping something shiny in it for someone else to find. I've recently stopped finding it enjoyable. 

Wait for the 6:45 team announcement meltdown thats always a giggle

For a few years one we seem to have had a side with talent but not belief.

We have a lot of players who thrive on confidence but have big troughs in form during which they look like they have forgotten how to play the game. Even Will seems to have been afflicted lately. 

I think NP wants to get under the surface of what has gone wrong in the past. 

It's less-about ability and more about character. He will pick the characters he feels will earn success.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There'll soon be some wins for us to celebrate - tonight I think would be a good time for NP to get them going. :D

As stated before, a lot of us sound like spoilt, entitled F**est fans the way we're demanding instant success.  I'm annoyed as anybody that we haven't made a decent start, the actual game on Saturday ruined a perfectly good day out on Saturday, but I'm not throwing my toys out the pram just because he isn't playing the club like Football Manager where you import a tactic, sign two or three players and everything is hunky-dory.  He needs time, and if it means breaking a few eggs along the way so be it...

I am postive about it. I think that the fact NP is playing is formation that doesn't work, dropping our best player and not signing anyone to fit his formation is a mild oversight and we should give him at least 25 years to build a team and get it right. 

It is not like he is going to insult a journalist or attack a player at the side of the pitch is it! 

In all seriousness I am behind NP as he is our manager but like anyone he is not beyond criticism.

Archived