The being patient and supporting Pearson thread

SaintRam

16 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

As stated before, a lot of us sound like spoilt, entitled F**est fans the way we're demanding instant success.  I'm annoyed as anybody that we haven't made a decent start, the actual game on Saturday ruined a perfectly good day out on Saturday, but I'm not throwing my toys out the pram just because he isn't playing the club like Football Manager where you import a tactic, sign two or three players and everything is hunky-dory.  He needs time, and if it means breaking a few eggs along the way so be it...

It's posts such as this that make me think that people don't really understand the points being made. I

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JaguarRam said:

I am postive about it. I think that the fact NP is playing is formation that doesn't work, dropping our best player and not signing anyone to fit his formation is a mild oversight and we should give him at least 25 years to build a team and get it right. 

It is not like he is going to insult a journalist or attack a player at the side of the pitch is it! 

In all seriousness I am behind NP as he is our manager but like anyone he is not beyond criticism.

Yeah, my initial post came across in a bit of that vein, which was unintentional (I had to add the little bracketed bit to my italics with an edit).

I don't think he is beyond criticism, and I fully plan to post my criticisms in this thread when they come to me. 

I just feel like the vast majority of NP criticism at the moment is exaggerated, unnecessary, speculative and screaming of impatient fans wanting the moon on a stick. 

I criticised his selection in the first two games, but I blame the players more than NP for the performances. Especially as Will Hughes basically proved by fear that the reason he was dropped is because he's out of form (implication being he isn't being very good in training either).

I think NP has a plan, and I'm entirely comfortable sitting back and riding the bumps in the road to find out how successful that plan is. 

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

It's posts such as this that make me think that people don't really understand the points being made. I

Or....the points are understood perfectly and they just don't agree with you.

Nobody has said they want him sacked. 

No matter how elaborately we try to explain our point people still insist that we're saying "Pearson is crap, we're doomed, play 433"

I bet I've sang Pearson's name more than most the people in this thread. I wasn't booing any players. 

This is a message board where we talk about Derby. Shall we scrap that and make it a board where we just chant "We are Derby, Super Rams". Every thread can be about how great everything is?

The defence here seems to be of Nigel Pearson's ability. Which we aren't criticising 

Should have mentioned ostriches in the thread title. Supporting Pearson through ostriches and thin

he needs a year to get the process properly started,and for some daft reason I'd like a season mid table, the past few seasons have been gutting lol

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, my initial post came across in a bit of that vein, which was unintentional (I had to add the little bracketed bit to my italics with an edit).

I don't think he is beyond criticism, and I fully plan to post my criticisms in this thread when they come to me. 

I just feel like the vast majority of NP criticism at the moment is exaggerated, unnecessary, speculative and screaming of impatient fans wanting the moon on a stick. 

I criticised his selection in the first two games, but I blame the players more than NP for the performances. Especially as Will Hughes basically proved by fear that the reason he was dropped is because he's out of form (implication being he isn't being very good in training either).

I think NP has a plan, and I'm entirely comfortable sitting back and riding the bumps in the road to find out how successful that plan is. 

I agree with you mate but I think the fans are like this because we are a little tired of the "give us a few years and be patient" thing. Firstly because the size of the club and the amount of times we hear it and secondly because of how we have seen how we can play. Even last season we destroyed teams on our day in a 4-3-3. 

I am suppose I am a little upset about Wassall as well. The man stepped up to the plate when we needed him and and he was treated disgustingly by some fans. I am not counting yourself in this, but some of those fans that would not give him a chance are the same fans that are telling us to be patient with NP. 

I am not sure how off form Hughes is but I think it is a lot to do with not playing to his strengths. He is a creative midfielder not a ball winning Thorne type character and like last season against Hull (Wassalls big mistake) that is not the best way to get the best out of him. 

Anywho. It is all about opinions and I am probably talking nonsense ?

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nobody has said they want him sacked. 

No matter how elaborately we try to explain our point people still insist that we're saying "Pearson is crap, we're doomed, play 433"

I bet I've sang Pearson's name more than most the people in this thread. I wasn't booing any players. 

This is a message board where we talk about Derby. Shall we scrap that and make it a board where we just chant "We are Derby, Super Rams". Every thread can be about how great everything is?

The defence here seems to be of Nigel Pearson's ability. Which we aren't criticising 

This thread wasn't made in response to your critique or the critique of those of a similar vain Alpha. And people have said they want him sacked, "fix the mistake early..." etc. statements.

I started this thread somewhat tongue in the cheek because I've been left frustrated by the meltdown of some fans coupled with the fact a thread was made solely for the purpose of collecting criticism, which isn't what a board is about either. It should be about discussion.

When something good happens and people want to show their support for NP, people should know there's a home for it on here :D 

24 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This thread wasn't made in response to your critique or the critique of those of a similar vain Alpha. And people have said they want him sacked, "fix the mistake early..." etc. statements.

I started this thread somewhat tongue in the cheek because I've been left frustrated by the meltdown of some fans coupled with the fact a thread was made solely for the purpose of collecting criticism, which isn't what a board is about either. It should be about discussion.

When something good happens and people want to show their support for NP, people should know there's a home for it on here :D 

Fair enough! 

Love and kisses from the Dark Side

xx

40 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Or....the points are understood perfectly and they just don't agree with you.

But he was arguing against people angry about results etc. 

Don't think any of us have mentioned a single match

Preseason against soft opposition ( Benfica apart) and 3 games. Dial in some bruised egos and change of set up and mentality. I haven't enjoyed watching the results but they are entirely logical.

NP has my complete support for a full season but I will become preoccupied at about 10 games if we aren't all begining to look like we are moving in the right direction. .. I think that is the point. We all accept a reboot but at a certain point there has to be a reason for the re boot 

I'm confident that Nigel Pearson will bring promotion and optimistic that it will be this season.

I agree with him on the subject of formations as he discusses in today's Derby Telegraph. There's a lot of tosh talked about 4-3-3, 4-5-1, etc. by fans. People with a lot more tactical nous than any on here would disagree about systems. Personally I'd go for 2-3-5 but then I'm rather old and (fortunately) have never been in charge of a football team.

Archived