The being patient and supporting Pearson thread

SaintRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a system that can can suit us. Especially when he plays our best players and plays them where they strengthen each other. 

Tonight

Bryson defensive/build up duties reduced. Ince wide. Russell and Martin on. Butterfield and Hughes central.

Derby strength? midfielders. And we used 3 of them. 

It's exactly what we wanted. Best players in best position. Not Ince central and central players where Ince should be

48 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Listening to his RD interview now.

Seems like he likes the 4-1-4-1 in away games, specifically.

Can't be a 4-1-4-1 people are saying it's a 4-3-3. Pearson's wrong, our fans know better than him.

Confirmation bias in full effect.

Happy with that.

A couple of brown trouser moments, but we could have bagged a couple more. Good value for the win, and delighted with the substitutions.

I am one of the few on here willing to give Pearson time to build and develop the team. He still needs to get his best 11 sorted. Pre season is a start but there is nothing like playing against your challengers. A win is definitely a confidence builder. Now we need to turn the attempts on goal v actual goals into a positive. COYR. 

OH BY THE WAY, ABOUT TIME WE HAD A POSITIVE THREAD ON HERE. 

14 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I am one of the few on here willing to give Pearson time to build and develop the team. He still needs to get his best 11 sorted. Pre season is a start but there is nothing like playing against your challengers. A win is definitely a confidence builder. Now we need to turn the attempts on goal v actual goals into a positive. COYR. 

OH BY THE WAY, ABOUT TIME WE HAD A POSITIVE THREAD ON HERE. 

Where are all these posts that want Pearson gone from the hundreds of fans? Or are you on about the 10 or so that have some concerns and have a place to air them instead of taking up lots of different threads?

Just now, rynny said:

Where are all these posts that want Pearson gone from the hundreds of fans? Or are you on about the 10 or so that have some concerns and have a place to air them instead of taking up lots of different threads?

In fairness I do thing there's an amount of mental mixing up happening.

There are a LOT of Pearson haters elsewhere on the internet, easy to confuse where you saw a written down on one site to another. 

Do think this forums fine, just negative straws broke the back, inspiring me to create this thread :lol:

Really last season is probably the cause of this thread if we psycho-analysed me :lol:

32 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In fairness I do thing there's an amount of mental mixing up happening.

There are a LOT of Pearson haters elsewhere on the internet, easy to confuse where you saw a written down on one site to another. 

Do think this forums fine, just negative straws broke the back, inspiring me to create this thread :lol:

Really last season is probably the cause of this thread if we psycho-analysed me :lol:

It was the one of a few comment. So say there is a minimum of 40,000 derby fans there is over 20,000 that doesn't want Pearson here:blink:

Obviously not aimed at you Saint, just a comment that grinds my gears, but like how many millions of times have I told you not to exaggerate things?

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Every one is entitled to their opinion (apart from me I guess).

Never the less it is still good to see a positive thread on here instead of all the negativity after less games than fingers on hands.

I remember Stimac arriving on the back of a pretty awful start. It was November around bonfire night and I remember as I was flying over Bristol watching the fireworks and if I remember when we landed we had lost 5 - 0 if memory serves, we then went on a winning streak that pushed us to the top.

All I am saying is give Pearson some time. (But hey this is my opinion) 

10 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Every one is entitled to their opinion (apart from me I guess).

Never the less it is still good to see a positive thread on here instead of all the negativity after less games than fingers on hands.

I remember Stimac arriving on the back of a pretty awful start. It was November around bonfire night and I remember as I was flying over Bristol watching the fireworks and if I remember when we landed we had lost 5 - 0 if memory serves, we then went on a winning streak that pushed us to the top.

All I am saying is give Pearson some time. (But hey this is my opinion) 

Have I said you can't have an opinion? You said you were one of a few that still want Pearson here and I asked where are all these posts that want Pearson gone? If you are in the few that must mean over 20,000 at least want him gone. Maybe you were just posting a veiled dig at people who had some concerns, and a few of those people, myself included, have said that last night's team went someway towards solving those concerns. The only post on here that I have seen that has said to get rid of Pearson was a slight tongue in cheek response to a post.

I think everyone is willing to give Pearson time, but doesn't mean we cannot question some of his decisions. The decision of the club when they are telling us this is the aim then do something that doesn't quite fit in with that aim, should we follow blindly, thought we were rams not sheep.

Just now, rynny said:

Have I said you can't have an opinion? You said you were one of a few that still want Pearson here and I asked where are all these posts that want Pearson gone? If you are in the few that must mean over 20,000 at least want him gone. Maybe you were just posting a veiled dig at people who had some concerns, and a few of those people, myself included, have said that last night's team went someway towards solving those concerns. The only post on here that I have seen that has said to get rid of Pearson was a slight tongue in cheek response to a post.

I think everyone is willing to give Pearson time, but doesn't mean we cannot question some of his decisions. The decision of the club when they are telling us this is the aim then do something that doesn't quite fit in with that aim, should we follow blindly, thought we were rams not sheep.

I realise that, and I agree there is not a number of threads about this subject. But there are comments from many through out the threads and YES every one is entitled to their opinions, but come on lets give him some time. It was never going to be instant unless he came in like a sheep and played the same system and same players as last year but some how managed to motivate and inspire them.

Pearson is his own man and would never bow to peer pressure, if that is what we wanted then he was the wrong appointment and we might as well have kept Wassell.

So let's give him a little time and see what he can do,

13 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I realise that, and I agree there is not a number of threads about this subject. But there are comments from many through out the threads and YES every one is entitled to their opinions, but come on lets give him some time. It was never going to be instant unless he came in like a sheep and played the same system and same players as last year but some how managed to motivate and inspire them.

Pearson is his own man and would never bow to peer pressure, if that is what we wanted then he was the wrong appointment and we might as well have kept Wassell.

So let's give him a little time and see what he can do,

I am giving him time, and I am sure everyone else is as well. We are not saying Pearson out, not saying he has to play certain players, although would prefer some players over others but that should apply to everyone, shouldn't it? In the sone of it has been concerns about not playing to the players that are on the pitch strengths, asking Bryson to drop deep and collect the ball off the defence, that isn't Bryson's game. Having to many players that don't look after the ball, that can't keep hold of it.

That is a world of difference than saying we want rid, just let's give the players a chance by asking them to do things that they are good at.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived