Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

Like I said, Hendrick and Grant weren't good enough for Derby not so long ago. 

It's the league above the Championship. 

If Agbonlahor can play in it for 10 years, Jesse Lingard can play at the top of it, Wes Brown and Wes Morgan can win it then it's not that amazing is it? Chelsea are amazing. Arsenal are amazing, Man City are amazing. West Brom, Palace and Boro aren't. 

The way some of you talk you'd think each individual would have to take a test. 

I mean ffs, we had Branko Strupar in the Premier League. 

Look at the PL all time top scorers. Go look. No pattern. Emile Heskey, Teddy Sheringham, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Dwight Yorke...

And these are all time top scorers. Not players that passed the imaginary PL benchmark test. The only thing they had in common was that they suited their teams and their teams suited them. 

I swear I've seen Luke Moore and Danny Graham playing in the PL? I wouldn't have them play in my garden. And John Stead!

Norwich and Newcastle should be storming this league if it's that much of a higher standard. Instead it's Brighton with lightning Murray that lead the way and PL quality Norwich with their PL quality manager are somewhere under Barnsley. 

This league swallows just as many players up as the Premier League. 

I really can't stand this thread. It's full of haters. Just as the Jeff Hendrick one has been. 

Get rid. Cash in. Not as good as Bryson or Hughes. Jeff who? 

Republic of Ireland international now a regular starter in the Premier League.

This thread is an absolute shocker. 

I tell you what, if Chris Martin had done what he's done for someone else and this thread was about signing him it would be different. 

Conor Hourihane and Henri Lansbury became world class... A Grimsby Town striker, is he fast? Is he strong? Sign him! Just what we need! Fast and strong. Like Connor Sammon. I'm not saying Bogle is no good, I've never seen him. What I am saying is you're spending so much time worrying about Martin being PL class that nobody has questioned whether Bogle is PL quality?

But then, I suppose it doesn't matter because we aren't in the Premier fooking league!!! 

Worry about having good championship players first eh?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If Agbonlahor can play in it for 10 years, Jesse Lingard can play at the top of it, Wes Brown and Wes Morgan can win it then it's not that amazing is it? Chelsea are amazing. Arsenal are amazing, Man City are amazing. West Brom, Palace and Boro aren't. 

Look at the PL all time top scorers. Go look. No pattern. Emile Heskey, Teddy Sheringham, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Dwight Yorke...

And these are all time top scorers. Not players that passed the imaginary PL benchmark test. The only thing they had in common was that they suited their teams and their teams suited them. 

I swear I've seen Luke Moore and Danny Graham playing in the PL? I wouldn't have them play in my garden. And John Stead!

Norwich and Newcastle should be storming this league if it's that much of a higher standard. Instead it's Brighton with lightning Murray that lead the way and PL quality Norwich with their PL quality manager are somewhere under Barnsley. 

I really can't stand this thread. It's full of haters. Just as the Jeff Hendrick one has been. 

I tell you what, if Chris Martin had done what he's done for someone else and this thread was about signing him it would be different. 

Conor Hourihane and Henri Lansbury became world class... A Grimsby Town striker, is he fast? Is he strong? Sign him! Just what we need! Fast and strong. Like Connor Sammon. I'm not saying Bogle is no good, I've never seen him. What I am saying is you're spending so much time worrying about Martin being PL class that nobody has questioned whether Bogle is PL quality?

But then, I suppose it doesn't matter because we aren't in the Premier fooking league!!! 

LYDNZAzOqrez6_zpsvebzq21o.gif

56 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nail on the head. I believe after the quality of that post we should shut the forum. 

Yep. Close this thread. I look at it each day hoping that something has happened one way or another but it's the same old thing of posters going round in circles. It's obviously apparent that Martin is the ultimate Marmite man. Some of us love him, some are indifferent and some hate him. Let's just accept it and leave it at that

For the record, I am a mugwump when it comes to Martin. 

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Struggle to close it I suppose,in case of updates?

But perhaps needs putting into stasis on the first of Feb then reactivating on the final day of the season

I meant the whole forum not the thread. The post was worthy of being responsible for closing it down. 

Fantastic post above by Alpha, but he's just not consistent enough. One brilliant rant every couple of weeks isn't going to cut it. We're going to need better and I think David should be trying to bring in a better quality of poster, proven top level... or if we can't get that, some random kid with potential who performed well at Twitter level.

14 minutes ago, needles said:

Fantastic post above by Alpha, but he's just not consistent enough. One brilliant rant every couple of weeks isn't going to cut it. We're going to need better and I think David should be trying to bring in a better quality of poster, proven top level... or if we can't get that, some random kid with potential who performed well at Twitter level.

But that's the difference between a Championship ranter and a Premier League ranter...consistency.

Anybody thought to ask Toddy about this?

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But that's the difference between a Championship ranter and a Premier League ranter...consistency.

Anybody thought to ask Toddy about this?

Do we need another opinion on the qaulity of ranting in Vanarama North then?

Just now, Steve How Hard!!! said:

I wish somebody would melt your computer to prevent you making anymore ridiculous posts. :whistle:

Not ridiculous, just know all those that said they thought he would coming back will on here talking about his return in June [possibly not]......move on matey!

Archived