Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No idea who the right back is im afraid. 

Can anyone remember the last time the Derby telegraph/Radio Derby published a story about us putting a bid in for a player and us not sign that player?

Nicholson seems certain that we've bid, so he's obviously heard it on good authority 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No idea who the right back is im afraid. 

Can anyone remember the last time the Derby telegraph/Radio Derby published a story about us putting a bid in for a player and us not sign that player?

Nope. Once it goes concrete that we've bid we've signed them to my memory. A deal I've forgotten about mustve fallen through or been hijacked though. 

Deffo not since Sam Rush came in (he says, hopefully) 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Think we put in a bid for Antonio at Forest.

Can only assume that £7m is a release clause trigger because it's a real low ball offer.

2 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Looks like we're after 2 pacey forwards/strikers. So Martin. Will prob be on his way out. Watford are the team to try and replicate when they were in this league. Two fast strikers. I'd sell Hughes and Hendrick too. 

Why Hughes? He is our best player. 

I'm friends with Johnson's cousin. He's just had built a new house in Derby (incidentally he completed a course in bricklaying during his youth career), and is reportedly pretty happy. Wouldn't be surprised if his head is turned though after Saturday's 'fans' reacting to him being substituted. It seems as though previous clubs have recognised his extreme work rate/good character and forgiven him for any matches he's been poor in (perhaps a bit like us with Buxton), whereas the large transfer fee to us has left him with expectations that he just can't reach.

Sheffield is a comfortable commute from his new house so wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

That said, swap deals are very, very rare in football. Constantly rumoured, rarely seen.

11 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I'm friends with Johnson's cousin. He's just had built a new house in Derby (incidentally he completed a course in bricklaying during his youth career), and is reportedly pretty happy. Wouldn't be surprised if his head is turned though after Saturday's 'fans' reacting to him being substituted. It seems as though previous clubs have recognised his extreme work rate/good character and forgiven him for any matches he's been poor in (perhaps a bit like us with Buxton), whereas the large transfer fee to us has left him with expectations that he just can't reach.

Sheffield is a comfortable commute from his new house so wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

That said, swap deals are very, very rare in ENGLISH football. Constantly rumoured, rarely seen.

Just made that sentence more accurate.

Archived