Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I've just seen one of their fans call a move to Derby a backwards step because they got to the final and we didn't hahaha. This isn't a weight loss show, we aren't arguing about the biggest losers... :lol:

According to one of em lot Pearson has already fallen out with Mel Morris. He must be so ITK that not even Pearson or Morris know about themselves supposedly falling out

9 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Him and wells up front would make us a real force. Sell Hendrick, Hughes (as he doesn't fit a two man midfield) and Johnson and replace with a quality midfielder. Sell Martin and Blackman. Sell russell and maybe get two decent wingers and we'll be a good team. 

Hang on, slow down how many players will we have left after that. :huh:

46 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Forestieri scores and creates a ridiculous amount of goals. As much I love Hughes, he doesn't. In fact, goals and assists from Will are rarer than Hendrick's good games. He's a super talented footballer and I'm glad we have him, but if he could score and create from midfield (like Butterfield, Ince and even Johnson last season) he'd be in the Premier League. But he isn't. And that's why. 

Footballers are worth whatever a club pays for them, and if I was buying footballers I'd expect to pay more for someone who regularly affects the results of matches than I would for someone who doesn't. Therefore, I can appreciate why Wednesdayites see Forestieri as the more expensive player. He's theirs too, and Will is ours. Bias is in action. But not from me. 

I'd swap Hughes for Forestieri right now. We need a winger/forward like that. We managed without Hughes last season. 

*Prepares for backlash for daring to suggest Will isn't the messiah* :ph34r:

Andres Iniesta has 34 league goals in 389 league appearances for Barcelona  

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

But it isn't his job to create goals. He takes the ball from the defence, he gives it to the player in the best position, he moves the ball into the final third, he pops up in the channels and runs the game from there. He doesn't create many goals but, much like Modric, he assists the assist. And inn scrappy games it is always always always him that gets his foot on the ball and dictates. 

This. If you look at the stats from McClarens time, the wingers and overlapping fullbacks got all the assists, and the goals were scored by forwards dropping off and midfielders making runs.  The reason those wide players got all the assists was we were setup to move the ball quickly to create space and then spring the pacy players into the gap and cut it back for the midfielders/forwards to tap in.  We scored loads of goals like that, and a large part of it was down to Hughes moving the ball quickly and spotting the gaps to free the wingers. Just because he didn't play the last pass didn't mean he wasn't instrumental in creating goals.

And for all the talk about Forestieri being amazing, last season was comfortably his best in English football and Martin's worst with us, yet they scored the same number of league goals, and Martin got more assists.  Admittedly Martin played more minutes, but Martin's 2 good seasons are far and away better than Forestieri's best.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

This. If you look at the stats from McClarens time, the wingers and overlapping fullbacks got all the assists, and the goals were scored by forwards dropping off and midfielders making runs.  The reason those wide players got all the assists was we were setup to move the ball quickly to create space and then spring the pacy players into the gap and cut it back for the midfielders/forwards to tap in.  We scored loads of goals like that, and a large part of it was down to Hughes moving the ball quickly and spotting the gaps to free the wingers. Just because he didn't play the last pass didn't mean he wasn't instrumental in creating goals.

And for all the talk about Forestieri being amazing, last season was comfortably his best in English football and Martin's worst with us, yet they scored the same number of league goals, and Martin got more assists.  Admittedly Martin played more minutes, but Martin's 2 good seasons are far and away better than Forestieri's best.

Forestieri is a left midfielder/plays behind the forward whereas Martin is a striker. Comparing his stats to Ince would be a better comparison

Some of you ought to take a good long look at yourselves. You regale other clubs' fans for having 'big club syndrome', then you come out with exactly the same Forest-level of toss.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Some of you ought to take a good long look at yourselves. You regale other clubs' fans for having 'big club syndrome', then you come out with exactly the same Forest-level of toss.

Mate we'd have won the European cup if that ref hadn't cheated, and then we'd have won it like... 8 more times. 

A bad ref doesn't suddenly turn one of the biggest clubs in the world into something mediocre, think about it. 

Easily the biggest club in the league. 

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Forestieri is a left midfielder/plays behind the forward whereas Martin is a striker. Comparing his stats to Ince would be a better comparison

Last season he had 3 more goals than Ince, but 2 less assists, so not really that much difference.  Ince played slightly more minutes.  And compared to Ince's best seasons at this level, Ince is comfortably better.

7 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Are derby even linked with wisdom?

Nixon has said that Derby are in for a right back and that it would be in the paper tomorrow, so some fans are hoping/assuming its Wisdom. I personally hope it is not Wisdom. 

Just now, SilentRam said:

Nixon has said that Derby are in for a right back and that it would be in the paper tomorrow, so some fans are hoping/assuming its Wisdom. I personally hope it is not Wisdom. 

I'm sure he says in for a surprise right back. I don't see Wisdom being much of a surprise seen as he had a successful loan spell here. 

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Last season he had 3 more goals than Ince, but 2 less assists, so not really that much difference.  Ince played slightly more minutes.  And compared to Ince's best seasons at this level, Ince is comfortably better.

Interesting, thanks for those stats. It shows how much potential Ince has got that even when he was considered to have had a poor season he had similar stats to the "best player in the league" according to Sheffield Wednesday fans. A lot of people questioned how much we spent on Ince last summer but 4 million looks like a bargain now. He would have cost us at least 10 million now

Just now, Ramos said:

I'm sure he says in for a surprise right back. I don't see Wisdom being much of a surprise seen as he had a successful loan spell here. 

Well he says surprise move for a rb rather than the rb being a surprise. I.E. a surprise move to someone who really rates Christie, maybe?

De Laet seems the most likely to me but could be anyone really.

42 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans have caught Leeds fans syndrome. They think they are bigger than they are. One good season and they think they are back. 

We have had Leeds syndrome for years

Archived