Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Thats my point, on his day when we dominate he looks excellent. but the mojority of the time he takes ***** on that are never on and fails to spot opportunities to play in teammates. Too wasteful.

Yes, at times he frustrates, but I really can't believe that you're branding a player who has hit double-figures in goals and assists two seasons in a row "too wasteful". 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonkers beyond belief. Forestieri was being hawked around by Watford a year ago as they were being forced to sell a lot of players. I said then he'd always caused us problems and we could pick him up cheaply. If this new story is true and we did by some remote chance sign the guy, we're going to squander an extra several million pounds through the hopelessness of the recruitment department and strategy.

Over and over I say recruitment is not only about the player but it's about the player's club. We need to make it our business who is desperate for money and needs to sell and not bother with the well-off clubs building for promotion with as much money as us. Wendies are in the latter category, No way should we be wasting our time now looking at Forestieri or any player from there. Target the clubs who need Mel's money and will accept bids and at a reasonable price.

21 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Forestieri scores and creates a ridiculous amount of goals. As much I love Hughes, he doesn't. In fact, goals and assists from Will are rarer than Hendrick's good games. He's a super talented footballer and I'm glad we have him, but if he could score and create from midfield (like Butterfield, Ince and even Johnson last season) he'd be in the Premier League. But he isn't. And that's why. 

Footballers are worth whatever a club pays for them, and if I was buying footballers I'd expect to pay more for someone who regularly affects the results of matches than I would for someone who doesn't. Therefore, I can appreciate why Wednesdayites see Forestieri as the more expensive player. He's theirs too, and Will is ours. Bias is in action. But not from me. 

I'd swap Hughes for Forestieri right now. We need a winger/forward like that. We managed without Hughes last season. 

*Prepares for backlash for daring to suggest Will isn't the messiah* :ph34r:

We regularly play Will far too deep. Although he has the talent to link defence and attack, I feel he could be even more effective playing further forward - as he did the season before last with England U21.

23 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Forestieri scores and creates a ridiculous amount of goals. As much I love Hughes, he doesn't. In fact, goals and assists from Will are rarer than Hendrick's good games. He's a super talented footballer and I'm glad we have him, but if he could score and create from midfield (like Butterfield, Ince and even Johnson last season) he'd be in the Premier League. But he isn't. And that's why. 

Footballers are worth whatever a club pays for them, and if I was buying footballers I'd expect to pay more for someone who regularly affects the results of matches than I would for someone who doesn't. Therefore, I can appreciate why Wednesdayites see Forestieri as the more expensive player. He's theirs too, and Will is ours. Bias is in action. But not from me. 

I'd swap Hughes for Forestieri right now. We need a winger/forward like that. We managed without Hughes last season. 

*Prepares for backlash for daring to suggest Will isn't the messiah* :ph34r:

But it isn't his job to create goals. He takes the ball from the defence, he gives it to the player in the best position, he moves the ball into the final third, he pops up in the channels and runs the game from there. He doesn't create many goals but, much like Modric, he assists the assist. And inn scrappy games it is always always always him that gets his foot on the ball and dictates. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

That article says Pearson confirmed we'd lodged bids for four players?

thats the first time I've seen that mentioned 

huh.

Him and wells up front would make us a real force. Sell Hendrick, Hughes (as he doesn't fit a two man midfield) and Johnson and replace with a quality midfielder. Sell Martin and Blackman. Sell russell and maybe get two decent wingers and we'll be a good team. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans have caught Leeds fans syndrome. They think they are bigger than they are. One good season and they think they are back. 

I've just seen one of their fans call a move to Derby a backwards step because they got to the final and we didn't hahaha. This isn't a weight loss show, we aren't arguing about the biggest losers... :lol:

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

huh.

The third paragraph of the article I quoted there says:

...Nigel Pearson said the club had lodged bids for four players and the Derby Telegraph understands one of those is for Forestieri.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-derby-county-bid-7m-for-fernando-forestieri-1-8059102

Archived