Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, admira said:

Does anyone else feel that Pearson possibly doesn't rate Martin ?

No you're not the only one, I've heard from a few people that he doesn't think Martin fits into this style. We will see if this is true or not if he is here by the end of the window.

26 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I liked this one:

Would be like us offering £4 million for Will Hughes

If true, Derby appear to be selectively ignoring the inflated transfer values they've largely contributed to enabling over the last couple of years

Hughes is worth less than Forestieri? Give me a break lad... 

Forestieri scores and creates a ridiculous amount of goals. As much I love Hughes, he doesn't. In fact, goals and assists from Will are rarer than Hendrick's good games. He's a super talented footballer and I'm glad we have him, but if he could score and create from midfield (like Butterfield, Ince and even Johnson last season) he'd be in the Premier League. But he isn't. And that's why. 

Footballers are worth whatever a club pays for them, and if I was buying footballers I'd expect to pay more for someone who regularly affects the results of matches than I would for someone who doesn't. Therefore, I can appreciate why Wednesdayites see Forestieri as the more expensive player. He's theirs too, and Will is ours. Bias is in action. But not from me. 

I'd swap Hughes for Forestieri right now. We need a winger/forward like that. We managed without Hughes last season. 

*Prepares for backlash for daring to suggest Will isn't the messiah* :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Flatters to perceive? Give him a break. On his day, Ince is arguably the best player in the division. Why spend £7m to strengthen a position a position we're already strong in, when we could be investing it elsewhere. 

Thats my point, on his day when we dominate he looks excellent. but the mojority of the time he takes ***** on that are never on and fails to spot opportunities to play in teammates. Too wasteful.

6 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Forestieri scores and creates a ridiculous amount of goals. As much I love Hughes, he doesn't. In fact, goals and assists from Will are rarer than Hendrick's good games. He's a super talented footballer and I'm glad we have him, but if he could score and create from midfield (like Butterfield, Ince and even Johnson last season) he'd be in the Premier League. But he isn't. And that's why. 

Footballers are worth whatever a club pays for them, and if I was buying footballers I'd expect to pay more for someone who regularly affects the results of matches than I would for someone who doesn't. Therefore, I can appreciate why Wednesdayites see Forestieri as the more expensive player. He's theirs too, and Will is ours. Bias is in action. But not from me. 

I'd swap Hughes for Forestieri right now. We need a winger/forward like that. We managed without Hughes last season. 

I originally liked this but got over excited because I didn't read to the bit where you said you'd swap hughes. You've brought shame to this forum.

I agree with the bits about assists and goals though!

4 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

No blacklash but they play in different positions and have very different attributes to their games, so its unfair to compare them on just goals and assists. That said, his goals ratio and shooting needs to improve for sure.

I would swap pretty much any midfielder or forward player for someone of Forestieri's quality. But I wouldn't swap Hughes.

Archived