Nakhi Wells

Derbados

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who's in their midfield providing the chances? Sign him instead!

We e had a fair few chances in the first two games but haven't scored. Martin and ince have been struggling to score for quite a few games now. Bent missed a couple against Brighton. But we've got problems all over the pitch at the moment, and Hendricks injury ain't going to help. 

On 12 August 2016 at 12:24, SalfordRam said:

can never be sure but he did have a 26 goal season at Bradford, then stepped up a division and got steadily better each year at Huddersfield. I think with better players around him he could progress a little further still. of course it is speculative but everything is in football, particularly signings

Any updates pal?

9 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Martin, Bent, Blackman, Weimann, Russell. Strikers. What we need is someone to supply the bullets. And even if we are interested in Wells, £7 million? 

There's a young lad who came through our academy perfect for supplying the bullets, Will Hughes or something like that...

56 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

This guy is not the answer to our problems

He may or may not be a potentially good signing but one player alone isn't going to solve our problems if Pearson is going to ditch our 4-3-3 system, even if it's Wells, Kodjia or Forestieri.

We need better quality out wide, 2 powerful midfielders as well as a pacey striker. Given what we've spent in the last 12 months recruiting players (supposedly to improve on what we had for the system we'd been used to for the best part of 3 seasons), it fills me with horror that we seem to be so far away from where Pearson wants to take the team.

Will Hughes and Craig Bryson are totally out their comfort zone in 4-4-2. They have played as advancing midfielders for last 4 years. Pearson needs to be very cute here. In my opinion he needs to revert back to a 3 man midfield till he gets the players he knows can do the job he asks. Derby fans have asked for a manager. They have one. He has shown up our frailties already. I just think he needs to be careful here and not lose the season already.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He may or may not be a potentially good signing but one player alone isn't going to solve our problems if Pearson is going to ditch our 4-3-3 system, even if it's Wells, Kodjia or Forestieri.

We need better quality out wide, 2 powerful midfielders as well as a pacey striker. Given what we've spent in the last 12 months recruiting players (supposedly to improve on what we had for the system we'd been used to for the best part of 3 seasons), it fills me with horror that we seem to be so far away from where Pearson wants to take the team.

8 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Will Hughes and Craig Bryson are totally out their comfort zone in 4-4-2. They have played as advancing midfielders for last 4 years. Pearson needs to be very cute here. In my opinion he needs to revert back to a 3 man midfield till he gets the players he knows can do the job he asks. Derby fans have asked for a manager. They have one. He has shown up our frailties already. I just think he needs to be careful here and not lose the season already.

I think we are moving further away from where we want to be. The old system worked. Alot of games teams knew how we was going to play and they still couldn't stop us. I think that formation we have played for the last few seasons is the one we should be using. The problem is the players mental strength when we are close to our aim. They need someone to keep them calm and confident and help them not bottle it. Its a minor tweak we need, not a change of formation or a 25 mil spend on players who don't fit THAT system. 

6 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I think we are moving further away from where we want to be. The old system worked. Alot of games teams knew how we was going to play and they still couldn't stop us. I think that formation we have played for the last few seasons is the one we should be using. The problem is the players mental strength when we are close to our aim. They need someone to keep them calm and confident and help them not bottle it. Its a minor tweak we need, not a change of formation or a 25 mil spend on players who don't fit THAT system. 

I'm all for that mate. Just didn't want to be seen as anti Pearson.

18 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Agree. That's why I thought we should have appointed our new manager after clement so they got the feel for the team and get to know their weaknesses and strength. I have faith in Pearson but believe we're back to square 1 again like when clement took over then wassall. It's bad decision making higher up not management. Maybe a 5-3-2 might be better meaning 3 midfielders like we are used to and still 2 strikers. As our full backs are attacking anyway and our wingers aren't up to much. 

Archived