Nakhi Wells

Derbados

51 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

so, on the basis of your self-promotion, Name the players languishing in the lower leagues that we should be going for!

A perfectly valid question. For forwards I was all ready to name names such as Che Adams and Diego De Girolamo but see they've moved to the Championship this window (Adams only a couple of days back!).

I'll go wiith Bradley Dack who's a young goalscoring midfielder at Gillingham and Rico Henry, a young fullback at Walsall. Bright Samuel at Blackpool (midfielder) will be very good too.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A perfectly valid question. For forwards I was all ready to name names such as Che Adams and Diego De Girolamo but see they've moved to the Championship this window (Adams only a couple of days back!).

I'll go wiith Bradley Dack who's a young goalscoring midfielder at Gillingham and Rico Henry, a young fullback at Walsall. Bright Samuel at Blackpool (midfielder) will be very good too.

Diego De Girolamo is an excellent little player. Was on loan at York a couple of seasons ago and scored on debut v Mansfield when I was there. Saw him put in some cracking performances and definitely a cut above league 2. I think with the right support he could make the step up for sure.

Dack is consistent and has a bright future. I'll chip in with Shaq Coulthirst, a former Spurs trainee (diminutive pacy striker with superb link up play) in the mould of Daniel Sturridge who I've seen star for both York and Torquay and recently signed for Posh. Don't think he's hit the ground running with them yet as he tends to drift in and out of games but keep him interested and he can do the business at a hgher level with better players no doubt.

Often players just need that better calibre of player to play alongside and they improve markedly from a promising lower league player to a real talent in the making.

Also not lower league but a player I know from his Torquay days in the not too distant past who is now a bit part player at Bournemouth in Eunan O'Kane. He would pull the strings in the middle, calm under pressure, picks out the passes, extremely creative and such a cultured and talented footballer wasted on the bench at the Cherries. He'd be an ideal signing for Derby IMO but would cost more than a bag of pork scratchings for sure.

Actually this should be on the transfer suggestion thread so apologies.

Nakhi Wells, no thanks.

A friend of mine (ex Huddersfield player) has told me that Nahki is keen for this to go through and due to have a medical early next week. should be done for Tuesday in time for Preston. also reckons there isn't much of an injury but Huddersfield don't want to risk scuppering the sale. 

1 minute ago, SalfordRam said:

A friend of mine (ex Huddersfield player) has told me that Nahki is keen for this to go through and due to have a medical early next week. should be done for Tuesday in time for Preston. also reckons there isn't much of an injury but Huddersfield don't want to risk scuppering the sale. 

Hope you friend is right Salford, really like this player and he would be a superb acquisition IMO

Huddersfield fans are joining in my mindset of the FF deal, from their forum: 

"Derby are faking interest in Forestieri in an effort to knock down the asking price for Wells....they'll probably succeed as deadline day approaches."

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

"Derby are faking interest in Forestieri in an effort to knock down the asking price for Wells....they'll probably succeed as deadline day approaches."

Can you explain how that would work though? How would pretending to be interested in another player force the price down ?

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I thought that as well first but I saw online earlier today that the bid for Forestieri is independent and has nothing to do with Wells as Derby want both players. 

Only seen him properly playing for Bradford in the flesh when they were in league 2 and obviously at that level he was just too quick and clinical for most lower league defences. He has really stepped up with Huddersfield and to score the number he did last season in a struggling side too, despite all but 2 or 3 of his goals last season coming against teams who finished lower mid table to bottom was a great achievement. I have reservations about him being the answer and a Derby success short term and i'm not fussed if we sign him or not however from what I've seen of Darren Bent from his recent career and the last Derby games I've been to I think if we are going to replace kind of like for like then Nakhi will offer more mobility, pace, energy and ultimately goals to the side and i'd take him over Darren at this moment in time.

It goes without saying though that while Benty has a Rams shirt on he gets my full support regardless. Just my opinion is that I don't particularly rate him and think we can do better.

Foristieri though a superb player despite the cheating and yes to him being signed 100%.

28 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Can you explain how that would work though? How would pretending to be interested in another player force the price down ?

Derby Enquire for Wells

Hudd We want £10mil

Derby We'll give you £7mil

Hudd No he's worth £10mil

Derby Fine we'll go elsewhere - Bid for Forestieri

Hudd We want the money how about £8.5mil

Derby OK

2 hours ago, JW37 said:

Derby Enquire for Wells

Hudd We want £10mil

Derby We'll give you £7mil

Hudd No he's worth £10mil

Derby Fine we'll go elsewhere - Bid for Forestieri

Hudd We want the money how about £8.5mil

Derby OK

If that's true and we're clever enough to figure it out, then I'd say the Hudds businessmen will figure it...

Archived