Nakhi Wells

Derbados

3 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I'm all for that mate. Just didn't want to be seen as anti Pearson.

He's just got here. I think the only anti Pearson people are the ones who didn't want him here beforehand. Its been 2 games, he needs time but I don't think we should be moving too far away from our strengths as a team

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

He's just got here. I think the only anti Pearson people are the ones who didn't want him here beforehand. Its been 2 games, he needs time but I don't think we should be moving too far away from our strengths as a team

Agree. I think Pearson needs to meet this squad of players half way. If he brings in players to play 100% the way he wants then fine. But at the minute he hasn't made a signing. Our squad is set up to play 4-3-3 or at least 3 in midfield. I just think he needs to get the best out of the squad as it stands. Not force his way till he signs players that can.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Reading this post makes me think how lightly Darryl Powell got off. 

We used to laugh at Dazza every time he played... Until we suddenly noticed he'd become a fairly effective DM player whilst we weren't paying attention...

18 minutes ago, Statham512 said:

Darryl Powell was limited ability but what I saw of him he put in more effort than this current bunch 

but his passing was woeful and he gave the ball away many times, and he had a lot of sideways and backwards movement. He's be a scapegoat/boo-fest target if he was here in the last few years.

I live in Huddersfield and most of their fans rate him as a natural goal scorer as did the Bradford fans before that. The problem at the minute seems to be the ammunition that the forward line are receiving from midfield, if we have the best forward line in the division it doesn't make any difference if you can't give them the ball every now and then.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

But most derby fans say we have the best midfield in the division, which is it? 

16 shots on Saturday and only 4 on target suggests we need a little more shooting practice... Not that the supply is an issue...

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Didn't feel like we had more than two did it?

I wasn't there... Not sure whether to say fortunately or unfortunately... Just checked the stats on the BBC website...

I do think maybe that's the big thing we've lacked under everyone except Clement... Ruthlessness in front of goal... Under Clement we created little to no chances and scored most of them... Under everyone else we create loads and loads of half chances and mostly fail to score...

Archived