Why did we appoint Nigel Pearson?

Bris Vegas

Perhaps NP has a cunning plan. He wants to unload some players who are fans favourites but doesn't want to incur the wrath of the fans. So he plays unsuitable formations with square pegs in round holes, the fans are brought round to thinking they've had their day and NP sells, with the fans blessing.

Oh, and the earth's flat, too.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Nigel Pearson and Mel Morris have five days left to justify this appointment.

You don't look for a season of transition after finishing 5th and spending £30m on new players over an 18-month period. A big decision or two must be made before Wednesday.

Either sell up to six players and replace them, or get rid of Nigel Pearson now.

Doing neither and we are destined for a diobolical bottom half position with an unhappy, bloated squad on big wages playing a rather rubbish brand of football...

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

You don't look for a season of transition after finishing 5th and spending £30m on new players over an 18-month period. A big decision or two must be made before Wednesday.

Either sell up to six players and replace them, or get rid of Nigel Pearson now.

Doing neither and we are destined for a diobolical bottom half position with an unhappy, bloated squad on big wages playing a rather rubbish brand of football...

And the award for the most hysterical post ever goes to..........

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sort of agree -but not sack NP.

Work with what you've got , Nige. But don't go out of your way to prove they're losers.

Just now, cymru said:

HE HAS NOT GOT A CLUE DOSE HE WHAT TO BE HEAR DOSE NOT LOOK LIKE HIS BODY LAUGUAGE IS CRAP WE WHERE SECOND BEST A VILLA DID NOT WANT HIM I KNOW WHY NOW OFF YOU GO D **D

Mods can we ban this guy for a couple hours for his own safety? I think he's having a mental breakdown and may need to stay off here for a short while to calm down.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But get rid of a manager after 5 games?? That's just lunacy, can you even imagine the media backlash?

i have 100% faith in Nigel to get this right, he just needs time. If that means is finishing mid table or even scraping relegation this season I'd take that. This squad needs trimming, moulding, redefining and re energising. That all takes time 

As soon as I saw the Brighton at home game I felt that there was maybe something good to be made from Pearson's style but he's either got to change his style to fit the players we have, or clear out the squad and put together his own squad that fits his style.

I would prefer to see the players we already have be used better, as I don't think a huge amount of upheaval is necessary, but I'll take a clearout and starting again.

The only thing worse than a bad decision is no decision at all.

Archived