Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

28 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shack Foz

Blackman Hughes Johnson Weimann

Ince

Bent

Can't believe I've gone Bent over Martin:ph34r:, crazy what a few friendly goal's can do. Draw written all over it.

I would go with that, although he might go Hendrick instead of Hughes which would not be my call. I know what you are saying about Martin. We live in interesting times.

as for a score , I have no idea but will be there shouting my lungs off COYR, stay over night get drunk and then return to sunny Berkshire 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

It will be what it is @Bris Vegas. Criticizing a formation before we have even kicked a ball in the championship to see it in action is silly. If we don't win on Saturday I don't want people moaning that the formation cost us. You won't see the full potential of a formation for at least 5-10 games. Don't write it off at the first opportunity. Also how do you know that our players aren't suited to 4-4-1-1/4-4-2?  The last time we probably had 2 up front was under Nigel Clough with a worse team ffs. Also writing off Blackman and Bent is silly. It's a new season and new start for all of our players. Pearson obviously sees something in Blackman because he said in the Q& A last night that he has a lot of untapped potential and Bent has been very good in pre season and has also been waiting patientally for his opportunity. 

Where was this Q&A mate. 

Carson

Christie Keogh Shack Foz

Blackman Hughes Johnson/Hendrick Weimann/Johnson

Ince

Bent/Martin

If you'd told me 3months ago I'd be picking Blackman, Bent and Weimann and leaving Martin+ Bryson out I'd have laughed in your face

21 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Did you know Pearson was going to be manager this season 12 months ago?

Obviously not, but I just think Mel & Sam gambled too much by way of spending with an unproven Clement. Ok he came with a marvellous CV as a coach, but as we all know it can all be all very different when your put in overall charge & the buck stops with you.

Ok we all know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but for Mel to then say when interview once he'd been sacked that he allowed him to spend all that money so he had no excuses when they dismiss him does seem a little odd to say the least.

The referee for Saturday is Jeremy Simpson, he has reffed us twice, last seasons home win against Brentford and the 3-2 home win against Yeovil in 13/14. Since he started refereeing in the football league/conference in 11/12 season he has given a red card in 4 of the 6 matches he has reffed first game of the season. The 2 he didn't send anyone off in he sent some one off in his following game (one season he sent someone off in his 3rd game also). Equating to 7 red cards in the first 2 games of the season over the last 5 years (10 games)

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Since he started refereeing in the football league/conference in 11/12 season he has given a red card in 4 of the 6 matches he has reffed first game of the season.

The 2 he didn't send anyone off in he sent some one off in his following game (one season he sent someone off in his 3rd game also). Equating to 7 red cards in the first 2 games of the season over the last 5 years (10 games)

If he started in 11/12 that's only 5 season openers he could have done?

Also, you mean 7 reds in the first 3 games of the season over the last 5 years (15 games) since the 7th was in the 3rd game of that season.

Back to the drawing board, you've brought some interesting stats but I'm not sure if they're true! 

Pearson's anouncing the team to the players Friday morning. I really hope nothing leaks out, especially from those disappointed not to make the starting 11 (or even the bench). As a manager you want the lads to be prepared and ready and focused on the task ahead, but I've been told one of the biggest frustrations is players who tell the world (and their mates in the opposition team!) when they've not been selected.

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Edit: This thread is full of duplicates.

Yeah the problem is quoting tweets from a chain means you get the one above with it. Kind of annoying. 

Archived