Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It's because it was the exact same tweet. @SaintRam was just a bit faster :lol:

Just a reminder that if I wanted it to be, every piece of Derby news would be posted by me :ph34r:

I should have just left it to you, no point interjecting when someones on it, was just bored.

52 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If he started in 11/12 that's only 5 season openers he could have done?

Also, you mean 7 reds in the first 3 games of the season over the last 5 years (15 games) since the 7th was in the 3rd game of that season.

Back to the drawing board, you've brought some interesting stats but I'm not sure if they're true! 

You are right about the first part, should be 3 in 5 seasons.

No it is definitely 7 red cards in 10 games, there was 2 in 1 game.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

You are right about the first part, should be 3 in 5 seasons.

No it is definitely 7 red cards in 10 games, there was 2 in 1 game.

I'd put some money on it being Knockaert if anyone this game, if I were a betting man. Diver with a foul mouth aimed at the ref when things don't go well for him. We know they're clamping down on that.

Other than a win what are we all looking for in this first game ?

For me more than anything it's that we playing as a unit rather than looking to see if any one player looks better than last year.

Formation really doesn't bother me even though I like width and wingers. 

I also want to see players up for it for a full 90 mins 

lastly I would like to see us move the ball quickly. Too many games last season we dwelt on the bLl and missed oportunities. Player making runs weren't spotted fast enough. Ending in sideways passing or the runner being off side. 

Anyone else ideas, thoughts ? 

44 minutes ago, David said:

First game, zero expectations.

This will be the first game, with a new system, new manager that has played together for the first time.

3 points is a must.

In terms expectations I agree.

My thoughts were what I would like to see. Desires, as opposed to the simple practicalities of 3 points

Other than Rammie making an appearance or two, is there usually anything going on for kids either inside or outside the ground on matchdays anyone know from experience and if so how often? Just that she keeps on pestering me if there is 'stuff' going on. Jeez, as if seeing the mighty Rams isn't enough! :lol:

By now the players will have been told the starting 11. With Bent being interviewed on the official site, looking ahead to the game, I surmise he is one of them. But is that with Chris Martin or does Coldply begin on the bench?

For me the most important thing is that Hughes starts. It seemed strange he was only a sub in the final friendly in Germany, but apparently we played far better after he came on (not a surprise). With Butterfield (and Thorne) injured is Pearson looking at two from a fit midfield four of Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes, Johnson or might he play all of them spread across the middle? We've not seen it in preseason but I'd suggest that would be a fearsome grouping to press high and seize control of any game.

Only a day to go. Bring it on!

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

By now the players will have been told the starting 11. With Bent being interviewed on the official site, looking ahead to the game, I surmise he is one of them. But is that with Chris Martin or does Coldply begin on the bench?

For me the most important thing is that Hughes starts. It seemed strange he was only a sub in the final friendly in Germany, but apparently we played far better after he came on (not a surprise). With Butterfield (and Thorne) injured is Pearson looking at two from a fit midfield four of Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes, Johnson or might he play all of them spread across the middle? We've not seen it in preseason but I'd suggest that would be a fearsome grouping to press high and seize control of any game.

Only a day to go. Bring it on!

I'd be absolutely gutted if it came down to the first game and we're shoe-horning square pegs into round holes like that.

25 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Other than Rammie making an appearance or two, is there usually anything going on for kids either inside or outside the ground on matchdays anyone know from experience and if so how often? Just that she keeps on pestering me if there is 'stuff' going on. Jeez, as if seeing the mighty Rams isn't enough! :lol:

I think they do face painting in the North Stand family area. Family activities are usually in the corner outside the shop if anywhere

4 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

I think they do face painting in the North Stand family area. Family activities are usually in the corner outside the shop if anywhere

Cheers for that 1884 Group. That sounds great for kids. I think football will be secondary to the face painting now.:D

I think I'm getting closer to what squad I'd pick now!

Goalkeeper - Carson

Defence - Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Midfield - Hughes and Hendrick in the middle, not sure on wide positions though! (2 of Johnson, Blackman, Russell)

Forwards - Ince behind Bent, although I'd rather have Martin in there!

Subs - Grant, Pearce, Bryson, prob Russell, Weimann, Martin

Camara and Baird to miss out, Butterfield and Olsson injured.

I reckon we're in for a draw.

Archived