Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Other than Rammie making an appearance or two, is there usually anything going on for kids either inside or outside the ground on matchdays anyone know from experience and if so how often? Just that she keeps on pestering me if there is 'stuff' going on. Jeez, as if seeing the mighty Rams isn't enough! :lol:

Have you read all the stuff on the family link here? 

http://www.wearederby.com/fans-first/first-time-rammie/families/

Sounds like there's quite a lot going on every game in the North Stand. Also, if you let the club know your daughter can get a signed certificate given to her by Rammie signed by a first team player. Might be something to look back on in future years. Wish I could have had one from Bruce Rioch! 

Thanks so much angieram. Really appreciate the link. I'd not seen that before and it sounds like the club really make the effort for youngsters which a hell of a lot of clubs don't. Lots to take in there and i'm sure my kid will be pleased. Really looking forward to tomorrow. The game against Brighton will be my kids first ever Derby game and so a piece of history for her so if anyone comes up with another thread in 20 years time about your first ever Derby game then she'll hopefully be able to look back on tomorrow and remember bits of it. Even more so if it's 7 nil to the Rams! Hey, why not? Seven up. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Srg said:

I'd be absolutely gutted if it came down to the first game and we're shoe-horning square pegs into round holes like that.

What makes you say that playing four midfielders in four midfield roles spread across the midfield is "shoe-horning square pegs into round holes"?

I'd say Bryson and Hughes central and Johnson left of a midfield four are their natural positions and it could easily be deemed that right side of midfield would be a good place for Hendrick. Though it would need lot of movement and interchanging to work, but when without the ball and playing with two banks of four, it would be an incredibly strong setup.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What makes you say that playing four midfielders in four midfield roles spread across the midfield is "shoe-horning square pegs into round holes"?

I'd say Bryson and Hughes central and Johnson left of a midfield four are their natural positions and it could easily be deemed that right side of midfield would be a good place for Hendrick. Though it would need lot of movement and interchanging to work, but when without the ball and playing with two banks of four, it would be an incredibly strong setup.

Because we've done it before, and it was painful, and literally nothing they've shown us before suggests that it would be a good idea to do anything remotely similar again.

3 minutes ago, Brighton said:

4-0 Derby win.

We're playing our right back at CH and our left back at right back and our midfielder at left back, confused? I am. 

This sounds like Nigel Clough, he loved moving more players than he had to. Just leave the left back where he is, 2 players in the wrong place is better than 3!

1 minute ago, Srg said:

This sounds like Nigel Clough, he loved moving more players than he had to. Just leave the left back where he is, 2 players in the wrong place is better than 3!

I'm not evening going to listen to the game as it's 3pts lost straight away. If the club want to avoid being bottom after 10 games then they best bloody well pull their fingers out and buy a CH. Just thinking we'll plug the leaking roof with a plastic carrier bag till the roofer has time to repair it isn't good enough.

Just now, Brighton said:

I'm not evening going to listen to the game as it's 3pts lost straight away. If the club want to avoid being bottom after 10 games then they best bloody well pull their fingers out and buy a CH. Just thinking we'll plug the leaking roof with a plastic carrier bag till the roofer has time to repair it isn't good enough.

Think you're being slightly harsh on yourself, because it wasn't exactly a team of class players which is what made you good last season. It was ability, of course, but it was togetherness and hard work. None of that has changed. I highly doubt you'll roll over.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think you're being slightly harsh on yourself, because it wasn't exactly a team of class players which is what made you good last season. It was ability, of course, but it was togetherness and hard work. None of that has changed. I highly doubt you'll roll over.

Just don't tickle our tummies as we'll fall to sleep. 

5 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Thanks so much angieram. Really appreciate the link. I'd not seen that before and it sounds like the club really make the effort for youngsters which a hell of a lot of clubs don't. Lots to take in there and i'm sure my kid will be pleased. Really looking forward to tomorrow. The game against Brighton will be my kids first ever Derby game and so a piece of history for her so if anyone comes up with another thread in 20 years time about your first ever Derby game then she'll hopefully be able to look back on tomorrow and remember bits of it. Even more so if it's 7 nil to the Rams! Hey, why not? Seven up. :thumbsup:

To be fair the kids corner, in a tent opposite club shop, reminds me of Brian Potters Big Pink Paradise, you might want to give the face painting a miss!

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

To be fair the kids corner, in a tent opposite club shop, reminds me of Brian Potters Big Pink Paradise, you might want to give the face painting a miss!

:lol:

Oh no! Well, at least it's there. Just hope I don't come across any hurricane hand dryers.

4 hours ago, Brighton said:

You still have a savvy coach who will plot the downfall of quite a few I imagine. 

Just hoping it's not us!

Archived