Rio Olympics

Curtains

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4x400m squad DQ for some bullshit, no-one can work out what. Surely they'll appeal, but, as a result, the Brazilian team get into the final as a fastest loser. Now the cynic in me...

8 hours ago, needles said:

4x400m squad DQ for some bullshit, no-one can work out what. Surely they'll appeal, but, as a result, the Brazilian team get into the final as a fastest loser. Now the cynic in me...

awful decision. You know something is dodgy when they won't give a clear answer for over an hour. USA 4x100 disqualification was a joke too

30 minutes ago, sage said:

awful decision. You know something is dodgy when they won't give a clear answer for over an hour. USA 4x100 disqualification was a joke too

It was the only way that Brazil could qualify.

14 hours ago, eddie said:

Not bad for a bloke who broke his neck.

Not your night, is it? Jolly hockeysticks coming up soon - and two of the girls - sorry, gels - were educated at Repton. Mind you, another one's from Belper, so that evens it up a bit.

You said that out loud .... Lol.... 

Overall, GB have done brilliantly however we end up.

However, the Olympics as a whole have been *****. Third world accommodation, booing at genteel sports, meagre ticket sales, crime, lack of organisation, awful officiating, ticket fraud. Shambles. Keep major sporting events in the civilised world.

On 19 August 2016 at 03:02, Zag zig said:

Jade Jones defends her title and wins Gold again!

Adam Gemeli oh so close  to medal in the 200m. The disappointment was clear in his interview, to lose out in exactly the same time as Bronze, real tough luck.

Someone explain this one to me. How come all those guys could share a silver medal in the swimming, yet in the running they can split it down to 1000s of a second. You're not telling me all those guys I'm swimming hit the board on exactly the same thousandth of a second. 

Imagine that, 3 thousandths of a second. Try counting to 1000 in one second, I bet you can't. A thousandth of a second I alike the flap of a flies wing. It's an infinitesimally small amount of time. Must be absolutely gutting. 

Onan similar note, the teakwondo. All he had to do was take a knee. If he'd have put a moments thought into it, he would have realised that the only thing the other guy can possibly do, 2 points down with a second to go, is come straight out of the gates with a head shot. Once you know that, and it doesn't take a genius to work it out, it can't be that it can't be that difficult to defend against, even if you just run away. Gutting. 

And Daley. Ffs. What's that all about?

Not sure why I'm moaning so much, must be in my man period. There isn't that much to Noah about really. GB are doing an awesome job. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Someone explain this one to me. How come all those guys could share a silver medal in the swimming, yet in the running they can split it down to 1000s of a second. You're not telling me all those guys I'm swimming hit the board on exactly the same thousandth of a second. 

Imagine that, 3 thousandths of a second. Try counting to 1000 in one second, I bet you can't. A thousandth of a second I alike the flap of a flies wing. It's an infinitesimally small amount of time. Must be absolutely gutting. 

Onan similar note, the teakwondo. All he had to do was take a knee. If he'd have put a moments thought into it, he would have realised that the only thing the other guy can possibly do, 2 points down with a second to go, is come straight out of the gates with a head shot. Once you know that, and it doesn't take a genius to work it out, it can't be that it can't be that difficult to defend against, even if you just run away. Gutting. 

Not sure why I'm moaning so much, must be in my man period. There isn't that much to Noah about really. GB are doing an awesome job. 

Swimmimg is dome using pressure pads because you cant do photo finishes underwater , athletics uses photo finishes and computer software

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The kid was unlucky, watching him break down afterwards showed how gutted he was, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, will be a test of character for sure. More sympathy for him than Daley to be honest.

G.B are doing awesome, don't worry it was watching the first half of the Rams that bought your period on :D

22 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Wow wasn't expecting the hockey team to come through, I left the action early second quarter and we were truly under the cosh, we really are doing well this Olympics.

They got mullered technically at times, so one sided it was unreal. Bit of a Wimbledon v Liverpool that one, but they gritted it out and were clinical with few chances they got i.m.o Bloody fantastic though, can be proud of their achievements too.

7 hours ago, needles said:

Overall, GB have done brilliantly however we end up.

However, the Olympics as a whole have been *****. Third world accommodation, booing at genteel sports, meagre ticket sales, crime, lack of organisation, awful officiating, ticket fraud. Shambles. Keep major sporting events in the civilised world.

Unfortunately the Yanks will get it again soon. 

Not a lot you can say about Mo that hasn't already been said - but you can bet your life that in a few months, we will hear "Arise, Sir Mohamed Muktar Jama Farah".

Got a nice ring to it.

Archived