Rio Olympics

Curtains

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zag zig said:

Simply spiffing, tally ho.

Not bad for a bloke who broke his neck.

Not your night, is it? Jolly hockeysticks coming up soon - and two of the girls - sorry, gels - were educated at Repton. Mind you, another one's from Belper, so that evens it up a bit.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Not bad for a bloke who broke his neck.

Not your night, is it? Jolly hockeysticks coming up soon - and two of the girls - sorry, gels - were educated at Repton. Mind you, another one's from Belper, so that evens it up a bit.

:lol: Yeah really looking forward to the Hockey, mind of information eddie. Any of them in G.B colours can win and make my night.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

:lol: Yeah really looking forward to the Hockey, mind of information eddie. Any of them in G.B colours can win and make my night.

Just regurgitating what Radio Derby told me this morning, so don't blame me if I'm wrong.

I was on Nick Skelton being the oldest British gold medallist - Jerry Millner was 61 when he won the 1000 yard rifle event in 1908.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Just regurgitating what Radio Derby told me this morning, so don't blame me if I'm wrong.

I was on Nick Skelton being the oldest British gold medallist - Jerry Millner was 61 when he won the 1000 yard rifle event in 1908.

Here's me thinking you were quick on google!

Regarding Skelton, he's from a real horse family, young Harry Skelton not a bad rider over the jumps and Dan Skelton not a bad trainer in the making, straight out of Paul Nicholl's yard. Bit of a dynasty in the making. Father really deserves his moment as you say, true olympian

Just now, Zag zig said:

Here's me thinking you were quick on google!

Regarding Skelton, he's from a real horse family, young Harry Skelton not a bad rider over the jumps and Dan Skelton not a bad trainer in the making, straight out of Paul Nicholl's yard. Bit of a dynasty in the making. Father really deserves his moment as you say, true olympian

It also extends our lead at the top of the SDMT*

*Sitting Down Medals Table

33 minutes ago, mozza said:

i like the hockey solution to penalty shoot outs , needs to be implemented into football that , start with ball on centre spot taker has 15 seconds to score . Far fairer than just taking spot kicks ..

They did something similar some time ago in the MLS. Mainly because it's similar to what they're used to in the NHL. 

16 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Wow wasn't expecting the hockey team to come through, I left the action early second quarter and we were truly under the cosh, we really are doing well this Olympics.

Half-believer..

:p

20 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Is that 24 golds with two boxing finals, a taikwando final and Dailly in the diving, kayak sprint still to go.

Yep.

And Mighty Mo and possibly a few relay medals to come. The London total is under threat.

Archived