Rio Olympics

Curtains

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Of all the doping scandals how many have hit olympic cycling teams? 

I've not heard of any. But when athletics is being pilloried for not being clean, same with tennis - the main sport famous for being dirty makes me wonder what the truth really is. 

Just now, GboroRam said:

I've not heard of any. But when athletics is being pilloried for not being clean, same with tennis - the main sport famous for being dirty makes me wonder what the truth really is. 

Id still think that with the history they would be under major scrutiny and they wouldnt bury it.

Bolt .. History. Fastest man on the planet for 3 consecutive games. Epic legendary and very special moment. 

British Gymnasts winning gold medals .. Somethings happening in the world ! As a child of the 60's and 70's  it seemed we were lucky to get a gold in horse riding and a bronze in the egg and spoon race. This is great ... Well done Team GB 

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As well as Mo's 5k, Laura Muir will medal (potentially any colour) in the wonen's 1500m. I think the team have specifically targetted all four relays as medal opportunities and been working hard at them. You never knw, we might even get the baton round in the men's 4 x 100m. Then again...

Perhaps a surprise bronze from somewhere like the high jump? The team is buzzing right now.

Will a surprise bronze in the hammer do?

Cavendish finally gets his Olympic medal - a silver in the Omnium.

Leader in the ladies Omnium currently Laura Trott, who is just taking the field apart.

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

Cavendish finally gets his Olympic medal - a silver in the Omnium.

Leader in the ladies Omnium currently Laura Trott, who is just taking the field apart.

My absolute favourite, the velodrome has been amazing for team GB.

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 10:04, jono said:

Bolt .. History. Fastest man on the planet for 3 consecutive games. Epic legendary and very special moment. 

Heard a documentary on the radio which made me think. His season improvement in 100m of over a second  (I think, if memory serves me right) led many in athletics to say is had to be doped. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Heard a documentary on the radio which made me think. His season improvement in 100m of over a second  (I think, if memory serves me right) led many in athletics to say is had to be doped. 

Spoil sport. Personally I think it is probably something the chicken nuggets he is alleged to enjoy, or that he had been protecting an injury. Tall guy .. Think of the hamstrings and muscle loads and just simple bio mechanics of a 6-5 sprinter 

25 minutes ago, jono said:

Spoil sport. Personally I think it is probably something the chicken nuggets he is alleged to enjoy, or that he had been protecting an injury. Tall guy .. Think of the hamstrings and muscle loads and just simple bio mechanics of a 6-5.

Michael Johnson spoke about him having to manage his fitness as gets older. It becomes maintaining performance at a standard to win rather than training to improve performance. 

Archived