Rio Olympics

Curtains

4 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I would have refused her anticipation in a woman only race, I would have said the same thing about my lad wanting to race in a woman only race, it's wrong and should be deemed wrong.

she has testicles? her body produces three times more testosterone than that of a cisgender woman, stop being so politically correct, she cannot run in a woman's race, simple.

That's a shame, she seemed to be looking forward to it.

Would you call her 'it'? Come on, don't dodge the question.

No one has argued that Semanya definitely should be able to take part, no one has argued that the ruling about not not taking the testosterone reducing pills is right.

Posters have have been disgusted at you calling Semanya 'it'.

So, once again, if your daughter had high levels of testosterone, would you call her 'it' and what would your reaction be if other people called her 'it'?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Semenya - we wouldn't ban men with genetically unusually high levels of testosterone and we wouldn't stop someone with Marfan syndrome from playing basketball. If she'd had a sex change, that would be different, but she's not cheating by competing the way she was born. 

Calling her "it" is grossly intolerant.

1 minute ago, sage said:

That's a shame, she seemed to be looking forward to it.

Would you call her 'it'? Come on, don't dodge the question.

No one has argued that Semanya definitely should be able to take part, no one has argued that the ruling about not not taking the testosterone reducing pills is right.

Posters have have been disgusted at you calling Semanya 'it'.

So, once again, if your daughter had high levels of testosterone, would you call her 'it' and what would your reaction be if other people called her 'it'?

would I have put her in that situation, NOOOOOOOOOO

she could have had her testicles removed but decided not to, why because it gave her the definition and bulk to win against a woman, would she have won if she had not got a lovely set of testicles? don't be silly.

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

would I have put her in that situation, NOOOOOOOOOO

she could have had her testicles removed but decided not to, why because it gave her the definition and bulk to win against a woman, would she have won if she had not got a lovely set of testicles? don't be silly.

Would you call your daughter 'it'?

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Nice try.

Shameful mindset.

I know its truly awful, i'm probably the least politically correct person on earth and I am genuinely ashamed of myself :wub:

anyway i'm off to watch midget :p

37 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

On Semenya - we wouldn't ban men with genetically unusually high levels of testosterone and we wouldn't stop someone with Marfan syndrome from playing basketball. If she'd had a sex change, that would be different, but she's not cheating by competing the way she was born. 

Calling her "it" is grossly intolerant.

yes but you would need to define who competes in the Men's or Women's events, she has no ovaries and has a lovely set of testicles, it is proven her condition gave her an unfair edge over other female athletes, Duttee Chand was banned for the same reason (IAAF, 2014)

my "IT" remark was in response to what defines a woman against a Man, she clearly has more markers for Male characteristics than a Woman but competes in a Woman's final.

yes but you would need to define who competes in the Men's or Women's events, she has no ovaries and has a lovely set of testicles, it is proven her condition gave her an unfair edge over other female athletes, Duttee Chand was banned for the same reason (IAAF, 2014)

my "IT" remark was in response to what defines a woman against a Man, she clearly has more markers for Male characteristics than a Woman but competes in a Woman's final.

chands ban was lifted for the Olympics

Your 'It' remark was about the person not what marks the difference between a man and a woman.

The same Duttee Shand who had her ban overturned in the same way as Semanya?

No scientific evidence that elevated testosterone gives either athlete an advantage, there are male athletes with lower levels of testosterone competing successfully, should they have booster jabs?

Just now, LesterRam said:

how do you know?

Because your post doesnt mention the difference between men and woman and you clearly say  the PC brigade should 'pull it from the olympics' and you can't pull the difference between men and woman from the Olympics.

That and the fact when challenged you didn't deny it was about her.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

chands ban was lifted for the Olympics

Your 'It' remark was about the person not what marks the difference between a man and a woman.

yes Chand did compete at the 2016 Olympics, she was banned from previous meetings.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

The same Duttee Shand who had her ban overturned in the same way as Semanya?

No scientific evidence that elevated testosterone gives either athlete an advantage, there are male athletes with lower levels of testosterone competing successfully, should they have booster jabs?

email Lord Coe at International Association of Athletics Federations, I have no authority on track and field unfortunately, I do know we are currently on very shaky ground with this current direction of athletics.

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Because your post doesnt mention the difference between men and woman and you clearly say  the PC brigade should 'pull it from the olympics' and you can't pull the difference between men and woman from the Olympics.

That and the fact when challenged you didn't deny it was about her.

no you jumped to the wrong conclusion sweet pea :D

Archived