Rio Olympics

Curtains

13 minutes ago, sage said:

At least 24 then, maybe 25. I forgot about bmx, Finishing second would be ridiculous.

It would follow the trend since the introduction of lottery funding. We have been improving and almost every sport is folliwing cycling lead of marginal gains and peaking fir olympics.

Brailsford (or Clive Woodward) earlier gave an interview where they talked about working out what was needed to win, where we are now and then devising intervention to bridge the gap. Championships between Olympics are i think used to data gather in this process. 

Its a process that worked in Rugby, Cycling and seems to be being adopted by most sports. Coupled with talent identification we are becoming succesful through a programme that breeds success. 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bbc headlines....world media ask how Britain keep winning gold.

Simples. Cos we're better than the rest of the world numbnuts!

No surprise some of Australia's comments are bitchy, it just screams jealousy.

10 minutes ago, ladyram said:

Australian Minister for sport getting ready for their forfeit with G.B counterpart as we speak.

As for hockey totally outclassing kiwis, another gold surely coming?

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Australian Minister for sport getting ready for their forfeit with G.B counterpart as we speak.

As for hockey totally outclassing kiwis, another gold surely coming?

Yeah go ladies!! Hockey wasn't my thing, my sisters played for the South Yorkshire team in the 80's so I alus paid attention.

I think if we have gotten past the Kiwis and the Aussies and remain unbeaten, we have every chance and confidence is sky high.

Brilliant!

7 hours ago, ladyram said:

Yeah go ladies!! Hockey wasn't my thing, my sisters played for the South Yorkshire team in the 80's so I alus paid attention.

I think if we have gotten past the Kiwis and the Aussies and remain unbeaten, we have every chance and confidence is sky high.

Brilliant!

I really enjoyed the hockey tonight.

The ladies are tough. They make footballers look like a load of, er, girls.

The way Twiggy got hit in the face! They're as brave as Harry Kane and paid a lot less!

Now for that Gold!!

11 hours ago, ladyram said:

Heard a good thing about this on the radio. The not so subtle implication s that the only way we've been able to succeed like this is through doping. 

However, this is the cleanest olympics ever, in terms of that. So if everyone's cleaning, and suddenly were performing better than we ever have done, what does that imply?

hmmmm, are people getting mardy because they're drugs have been taken off them and now they have to work out how to compete fairly? And those that always dos compete fairly are suddenly taking the places they deserve. Amazing what can happen when you level the playing field. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Heard a good thing about this on the radio. The not so subtle implication s that the only way we've been able to succeed like this is through doping. 

However, this is the cleanest olympics ever, in terms of that. So if everyone's cleaning, and suddenly were performing better than we ever have done, what does that imply?

hmmmm, are people getting mardy because they're drugs have been taken off them and now they have to work out how to compete fairly? And those that always dos compete fairly are suddenly taking the places they deserve. Amazing what can happen when you level the playing field. 

There's a few not being so subtle about G.B success 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-37108833

End of the day, the last line of the link sums it up, our training probably aims G.B Olmpians to peak at the main event, when the penny drops for other countries, they too might match our collective efforts in such as Cycling and Rowing.

Meantime, it's great little ol Britain punching way above her weight, oh the envy!!

29 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

There's a few not being so subtle about G.B success 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-37108833

End of the day, the last line of the link sums it up, our training probably aims G.B Olmpians to peak at the main event, when the penny drops for other countries, they too might match our collective efforts in such as Cycling and Rowing.

Meantime, it's great little ol Britain punching way above her weight, oh the envy!!

Check out my post a few above this one, I said exactly that.

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Gold for Ali Brownlee and Silver for brother Johnny in the Triathlon.

Just watched it, they absolutely smashed it on the bikes didn't they, the other 8 in the lead group wilted once running.

Both outstanding but Alistair different level today, walked across the line to enjoy the moment.

Two things....

If the americans couldn't swim, Britain would be top of the medal table.

Britain has won medals in more sports than any other country.

Archived