Rio Olympics

Curtains

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18 August 2016 at 17:32, eddie said:

Two things....

If the americans couldn't swim, Britain would be top of the medal table.

Britain has won medals in more sports than any other country.

I think it's because of their inter collegiate competitions

43 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

We're into the circus acts now. Gold medals for throwing hoops around? It devalues the games. They should have one for who can put their head in a lion's mouth for longest.

I m o if a sport needs years of practice to master it does not devalue anything.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Might as well put Darts up then.

My old sports teacher told me the difference between a sport and a game is that you can play a game while holding a glass of beer. So darts is a game I'm afraid. :ermm:

24 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

My old sports teacher told me the difference between a sport and a game is that you can play a game while holding a glass of beer. So darts is a game I'm afraid. :ermm:

You could ride a bike and hold a glass of beer, i know i have done it. You wouldnt do it as good though. So cycling  is a game not a sport.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

You could ride a bike and hold a glass of beer, i know i have done it. You wouldnt do it as good though. So cycling  is a game not a sport.

Come to that I played as a goalkeeper in Derby Sunday Social League and drank a pint while fielding balls

Caster Semenya 800m victory reduces Team GB's Lynsey Sharp to tears amid intersex debate

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/rio-2016-caster-semenya-800m-victory-reduces-team-gbs-lynsey-sharp-to-tears-amid-intersex-debate/ar-BBvRQqR?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp

now that is criminal, if you injected testosterone into yourself you would fail a drugs test but if your hyperandrogenism then that's fine, about time the PC brigade admitted this should not happen and pulled it from the Olympics.

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

Caster Semenya 800m victory reduces Team GB's Lynsey Sharp to tears amid intersex debate

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/rio-2016-caster-semenya-800m-victory-reduces-team-gbs-lynsey-sharp-to-tears-amid-intersex-debate/ar-BBvRQqR?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp

now that is criminal, if you injected testosterone into yourself you would fail a drugs test but if your hyperandrogenism then that's fine, about time the PC brigade admitted this should not happen and pulled it from the Olympics.

Your mother would be proud of you.

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

That really is the most hideous post I have reas for ages. I would edit it but think your intolerence and ignorance should stand for everyone to see. Its not HER fault HER body is made the way it is.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

That really is the most hideous post I have reas for ages. I would edit it but think your intolerence and ignorance should stand for everyone to see. Its not HER fault HER body is made the way it is.

who said it is?

she shouldn't be competing in a woman's final, thank god the IAAF are now looking into this.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/21/caster-semenya-wins-gold-but-faces-scrutiny

No one doubts it's a difficult situation and understand how frustrated other female athletes must feel. The Athletics adminstrators may well provide the evidence to overthrow her appeal against having to take testosterone reducing drugs to level the playing field.

However calling a human being 'it' is indefensible. 

16 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

who said it is?

she shouldn't be competing in a woman's final, thank god the IAAF are now looking into this.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/21/caster-semenya-wins-gold-but-faces-scrutiny

I was referring to you thinking its okay to call a human being 'it'.

The IAAF has been looking at the issue for years, in the 100m an Indian athlete had a ban overturned so she could compete despite have above normal testosterone level through a natural condition. Yet noone complains becuase she didnt win it,

Just now, sage said:

No one doubts it's a difficult situation and understand how frustrated other female athletes must feel. The Athletics adminstrators may well provide the evidence to overthrow her appeal against having to take testosterone reducing drugs to level the playing field.

However calling a human being 'it' is indefensible. 

We have major problems with drugs in athletics? she may have taken drugs to reduce testosterone levels but the bulk and muscle definition is pre drugs, if my daughter had trained hard for four years to compete against someone built like a brick **** house I would have been devastated, its wrong and hopefully Mr Coe can overturn this result.

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

We have major problems with drugs in athletics? she may have taken drugs to reduce testosterone levels but the bulk and muscle definition is pre drugs, if my daughter had trained hard for four years to compete against someone built like a brick **** house I would have been devastated, its wrong and hopefully Mr Coe can overturn this result.

What if your daughter had high natural levels of testosterone? Would you refer to her as 'it'? 

1 minute ago, sage said:

What if your daughter had high natural levels of testosterone? Would you refer to her as 'it'? 

I would have refused her anticipation in a woman only race, I would have said the same thing about my lad wanting to race in a woman only race, it's wrong and should be deemed wrong.

she has testicles? her body produces three times more testosterone than that of a cisgender woman, stop being so politically correct, she cannot run in a woman's race, simple.

Archived