Recruitment

CastletonRam

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Johnson is awful. Blimey you lot have short memories. At fault for two goals in Hull first leg, anonymous from the Forest game onward except for a couple of games. Besides shot power and strength there's little else he offers. No technical ability or positional awareness. 

This bit I do agree with and that game certainly was one where Bradley was missing in action. 

8 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Johnson is awful. Blimey you lot have short memories. At fault for two goals in Hull first leg, anonymous from the Forest game onward except for a couple of games. Besides shot power and strength there's little else he offers. No technical ability or positional awareness. 

So which 2 goals were his fault? The first started from his mistake but he wasn't the only player that made an error then. Shackell bottled a 50-50, Keogh and Olsson didn't close down the striker and Carson let in a soft pea roller. 2nd goal was an own goal by Shackell and had nothing to do with Johnson, the build up was down the other side of the pitch. And the third he wasn't even on the pitch?

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

This bit I do agree with and that game certainly was one where Bradley was missing in action. 

To be fair, that game he was essentially on the pitch to win physical battles and headers which he did. He won a lot of headers. The tactics for that game were just a mess, miles away from how this team should play.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wish mel would hurry up and sign players now as were being left behind unless were promating 5 or 6 of young lads who won the under 21 league but still feel that we need something a bit different.

Have you seen that film 'deja vu' ?

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wish mel would hurry up and sign players now as were being left behind unless were promating 5 or 6 of young lads who won the under 21 league but still feel that we need something a bit different.

Be patience B4. 

9 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Dont think we need many new players b4. This lot should get us promoted as is. Time fir fine tuning n tinkering later. 

I think we need 2/3 new players that's all. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

So would you prefer Mel/Rush to rush into signing players for more than they're worth and without properly evaluating them? Weimann signed before we even had a manager and had a fairly poor season. Bent was signed before Clement took over and had a poor season. Baird was signed just a couple of weeks after Clement took over and had a poor season. Blackmen's signing seemed to be rushed after Sheffield Wednesday's interest became public and you certainly don't like him.

Derby have tried the method of getting most of the signings done before the manager's even had chance to assess his team .... now it's a bit different and Pearson is taking his time to evaluate what positions need strengthening and I for one am very happy with that.

And stop with all this 'we'll be left with players nobody wants' rubbish. 

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

The new season will be exciting whether or not we sign any new players. We will be there or thereabouts but one of the problems we had last season was having too big a squad. So far we have only sold Shotton and Albentosa so the squad is still huge. Even Bird is still here! The last thing we want to do is buy a lot more players. I'd be happy if we don't sign anyone, but if Mel does get his chequebook out I hope it's only for one or two who are clearly much better than anyone else we have at the club. The problem with our signings over the last couple of years is that we keep adding more bodies to the squad, but no more quality.

So, as the others have said, be patient! I think this is the season you'll lead us to promotion, so there's no need to become frustrated.

I'm sure Pearson feels we have a squad good enough to win promotion with some minor tweaking here and there. This could be by getting more consistency out of some of the current squad (something I feel sure he is capable of). To get better players than the ones we have will cost a lot of money so let's at least give the current players a chance. I'm sure that once Pearson sees them playing competitively he'll soon work out who's not up to it and act accordingly. We need to get away from the buying players fixes everything mentality and be patient.

Archived