Recruitment

CastletonRam

18 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Great joke. 

There isn't many CBs out there better than Keogh and Shackell tbh. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have faith that Pearson knows his stuff and will succeed with us ,,, that faith would have been dented a bit if we had started wholesalebuying in players and letting them go before Pearson had even a week of training with the squad or so much as played a single friendly or practise match ,,,,, only a fool would join a club with what is regarded by 99 percent of pundits , fans and football folk in general as a very good squad with some talented players that should be capable of being up with the best in this division and in fairness has been over the last 3 seasons and not asses what he has properly before rebuilding it if needed ?   How many times do you see a player look average at best then work under another manager and vastly improve? I'm not saying this will be the case for every player at the club but it will be the case for some ,, Pearson needs time to find out which ones that will be ,,,,,,, don't be surprised to see your view of players turned on its head ,, we will see some good players that we have dismissed as not up to the job turn out to be much better than we think at the moment,, some we think up to it will be moved on ,,,, only a fool would chuck his hand before seeing what he s got,,,, Pearson is no fool ,,, be patient ,, im sure players will come in but I reckon they will take the time to try and ensure they are the right ones and ones we need 

I've got a sneaky feeling that Pearson is going to really like Blackman. He has pace,strength and height which Pearson tends to like. As Archie said above don't be surprised to see players previously dismissed by a lot of fans play a lot better under Pearson like Weimann, Johnson, Blackman ,Camara etc.

1 hour ago, archied said:

I have faith that Pearson knows his stuff and will succeed with us ,,, that faith would have been dented a bit if we had started wholesalebuying in players and letting them go before Pearson had even a week of training with the squad or so much as played a single friendly or practise match ,,,,, only a fool would join a club with what is regarded by 99 percent of pundits , fans and football folk in general as a very good squad with some talented players that should be capable of being up with the best in this division and in fairness has been over the last 3 seasons and not asses what he has properly before rebuilding it if needed ?   How many times do you see a player look average at best then work under another manager and vastly improve? I'm not saying this will be the case for every player at the club but it will be the case for some ,, Pearson needs time to find out which ones that will be ,,,,,,, don't be surprised to see your view of players turned on its head ,, we will see some good players that we have dismissed as not up to the job turn out to be much better than we think at the moment,, some we think up to it will be moved on ,,,, only a fool would chuck his hand before seeing what he s got,,,, Pearson is no fool ,,, be patient ,, im sure players will come in but I reckon they will take the time to try and ensure they are the right ones and ones we need 

Spot on.

And to the earlier poster who said we now have a great coaching team, well I thought clements sounded just fine on paper but they didn't produce where it mattered so why don't we just see?

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

players previously dismissed by a lot of fans play a lot better under Pearson like Weimann, Johnson, Blackman ,Camara etc.

Players dismissed, written off, useless, waste of money.

Players that are one year into their contracts, having played under 2 poor managers.

Far too quick to judge.

Johnson will be huge for us this season and I expect we'll see Weimann play a bigger role.

Early POTY prediction, Johnson.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Players dismissed, written off, useless, waste of money.

Players that are one year into their contracts, having played under 2 poor managers.

Far too quick to judge.

Johnson will be huge for us this season and I expect we'll see Weimann play a bigger role.

Early POTY prediction, Johnson.

I would like to see POTY go to Will Hughes

Because that means two things - He is still at Derby and he will have played a full season.

That alone could be enough to secure us a top six finish.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Hughes can still have a great season, give it to Johnson as an apology for all the stick he took last season.

Some would suggest that the apology should be travelling in the opposite direction.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Hughes can still have a great season, give it to Johnson as an apology for all the stick he took last season.

The only players that get stick are those that play poorly. Unless your a Derby player then they are all fair game, especially Keogh, Johnson and Hendrick!

I do wonder what is going on with our scouting set up. Since Clement had Evans removed we've not really heard very much at all. There's been no big announcements about the structure or the personnel. Pearson has been busy reshaping the coaching side with Idiakez and Powell joining, but no mention of a 'Steve Walsh' figure joining. Now we can't be completely sure because the failure could have been one of management, but the recruitment side seems to have been an abject failure for the last couple of seasons, I can't believe that Pearson wouldn't have wanted to have rejigged that department. I wonder if things have happened, but not yet announced?

I think a lot of people have also forgotten that's it's the first pre season for us for some of our players. This will be the first pre season that Johnson,Butterfield,Olsson, Blackman,Shackell and Camara have with us so they will only get better by getting even more familiar with their teammates and vice versa. Of course they had full pre seasons with their previous clubs but their old clubs may have had different tactics etc. Playing more with your teammates is only going to make you better, it's not going to make you any worse. I think I just had a Michael Owen moment there lol.

Archived