Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

£10m is only good business if we sign suitable replacements.

Don't agree with this. Either it is a good price for the player or it isn't, its irrelevant what is done with the proceeds.

It could fund the academy for 5 years and help us produce 5 more Jeff Hendricks.

We could even begin to pay Mel Morris loan off. After all done people have accused him of ruining the club so maybe it's time to pay him off and then let these people get their own chairman in.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't agree with this. Either it is a good price for the player or it isn't, its irrelevant what is done with the proceeds.

It could fund the academy for 5 years and help us produce 5 more Jeff Hendricks.

We could even begin to pay Mel Morris loan off. After all done people have accused him of ruining the club so maybe it's time to pay him off and then let these people get their own chairman in.

5 Jeff Hendricks? On that basis there's a chance that 1 out of the 5 will be half decent!

In my opinion this is one of those 'suits all parties' transfers.

Jeff has been excellent for us at times, however we are stocked with people for a midfield role none of which he excels at and with Burnley giving us £10m then it certainly helps us with FFP wiggle room (which lets be honest no one has a clue as to where we stand unless they have seen the current accounts)

I'm a little sad to see him go as I rate the lad but wish him all the best and as far as I'm concerned he's welcome back any time.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As long as it is announced in time for us to spend the money.

Doesn't matter that mate I'm sure if they want to re spend the money we'd of been looking just incase the deal went through 

Decent business, I'd say. If the PL come in then it's very difficult to resist. At least he hasn't gone to a Championship rival like Newcastle. If the PL came in for Forestieri with that kind of money, I'd take it. I think that this will be a fallow season for the Rams and the Owls, and Derby have a new manager to boot. The parachute clubs this season are too strong in my view, so it's best to wait until the league is relatively weak and go for it then, as bonny 'Boro did. The only realistic way to beat the system is to buy and sell, so it will be interesting to see what Derby do with the money. Take a leaf out of Barnsley's book. P.S., at least you didn't sell Antonio to Forest for £1.6 mil...

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Hendrick was started ahead of Hughes this season by Pearson. Got injured at Barnsley early.

A small discretion, I have strong strong assumptions to believe he was left out the squad and spared last few weeks because of the risk running any possible serious injury and endangering any future transfer that way, as it was kind of obvious there is a great possibility of him being transferred before the end of the transfer period.

Further, I wish him all the best in his future career, he was a good servant to the club, not just an ordinary journeyman picking his last paycheck.

Hopefully for him he will become even better player and a more complete midfielder than he was at Derby. I will try to follow him at his new club to see how he is doing over there.

I am hoping he is not going to come back here to haunt Derby by scoring some late minute goals, like Mart Poom or Tom Huddlestone did once. I don't remember anymore exactly if there is also any other ex-Derby player coming back and doing it against his old club except two of them. It could be.

I very glad and proud, because Derby finally achieved one real big transfer (+10 million pounds) and is not anymore just club buying some half-made players from all around and selling it's his best Academy players for few peanuts (example Tom Huddlestone).

Whoever was the negotiator, deserves full praise, he did very cunning peace of business. Bravo. :thumbsup:

Sith Happens

Still think its a very shortsighted moved from hendrick, no doubt pushed by his agent as his agent will be taking a hefty cut.

He has got to absolutely excel with them to make sure its not a one season only stay for him in the PL as Burnley will be in the Championship next season im sure of it.

Archived