Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I personally think there's only a handful of people that actually know who we're going after, the club has done very well to close off any leaks so I wouldn't necessarily take some random journos word for it. Vydras signing kind of came out of nowhere within a day he was having a medical then he was signed. I personally think we need to sign a midfielder, I think we're weak in the middle. We need somebody who can play in a 2 man centre midfield, somebody who can be a bit rough, we've got no physical presence in there. I know were overloaded with midfielders at the minute but they're all the same kind of player and can't seem to work together.

I'm sure you are describing Bradley Johnson. ..

49 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Eddie means he's spent nothing with the Hendrick dough in n vydra out , that's not good enough with what's going on around us , he MUST get a holding midfielder in on loan till xmas to give Thorne time to come back or we are goosed this season 

What I mean is that if you have a meltdown (I think that was the word) over a club's transfer success or failure, then really you don't have two neurons to rub together in order to make a synapse.

2 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

General noise at our end suggests it's a done deal for us, nobody I trust has confirmed yet though so we'll see.

If it is done for £10 million you've had our pants down IMO and it's our own fault but we need a midfielder so desperately that we've got to be happy regardless.

He really could turn into a mega star with the right manager motivating him. He's better suited to the premier league then he is to the championship. I think we will look back but not necessarily regret knowing he never did that for us for whatever reason. He needs to be playing against top players as it will raise his game. With his unlimited upside and his international pedigree, it's a fair valuation.

3 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

General noise at our end suggests it's a done deal for us, nobody I trust has confirmed yet though so we'll see.

If it is done for £10 million you've had our pants down IMO and it's our own fault but we need a midfielder so desperately that we've got to be happy regardless.

I can't belive anybody has actually paid £10+ million for Jeff! 

I think your only hope here is if Dyche can tap into his potential and make him consistent. If he can then you've got a £10 million player, no doubt. 

But I just don't see it, he hasn't got the intelligence or desire to make it at the very top. I can see him back in the championship next season, if it's not with Burnley it will be with someone else. 

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He really could turn into a mega star with the right manager motivating him. He's better suited to the premier league then he is to the championship. I think we will look back but not necessarily regret knowing he never did that for us for whatever reason. He needs to be playing against top players as it will raise his game. With his unlimited upside and his international pedigree, it's a fair valuation.

Please tell me why? 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Please tell me why? 

Because he's quick skillful but yet doesn't have any physical presence. Put him in with other tidy players and he could thrive. Watching teams like Liverpool and Man U play in the final third last weekend it was lots of quick flicks and movement. Nothing at all like the championship. Play like that in this league you just disappear because no one is on that sort of wavelength.

Plus He's always looked better in our bigger games then against bread and butter teams which is pretty much the entire championship. 

51 minutes ago, eddie said:

Tension Sheet?

I'm just sick of it eddie. I'm just totally, totally sick of it. Sick of Pearson and his stupid flared nostrils. Sick of the way he always smiles when he's being insulted. Sick of the players. Sick of the fans. And as for Mel, well I'm sick of him. I'm sick of you, I'm sick of me, I'm sick of this club...I'm just sick of it.

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Because he's quick skillful but yet doesn't have any physical presence. Put him in with other tidy players and he could thrive. Watching teams like Liverpool and Man U play in the final third last weekend it was lots of quick flicks and movement. Nothing at all like the championship. Play like that in this league you just disappear because no one is on that sort of wavelength.

Plus He's always looked better in our bigger games then against bread and butter teams which is pretty much the entire championship. 

The proof will be in the pudding.

I just can't grasp the concept that a player that commonly goes missing in a side that usually dominates possession in the Championship, playing against a much weaker level of footballer, will suddenly become a star in a side that will struggle to obtain possession against much better opposition. I'd even argue that his fancy flicks will be an even bigger frustration than they currently are. 

He's going to have to learn to play in a two man midfield, too, and I don't see that working in his favour. 

He's going to be brought in to be their creative presence in the middle of the park, perhaps even the goalscorer from midfield. I'd be beyond surprised to see him contribute even 10 goals - scored or assisted - this season. In fact, I'd have been surprised if he had done that for us at our level - he managed 5 (two goals, three assists) in 33 games last season. 

£10m for Hendrick is a sensible deal IMHO and gives us some Academy payback.

Jeff's good on his day but I don't see him as very cultured, or 'cerebral' as a midfielder, he has some physicality and a good engine, I don't think he'll be a stellar Prem player.

Then again, Dyche wants workhorses that can put themselves about and out-work opponents to keep in the game. Bon voyage, Jeff, mind the cobblestones on your way to work!

Glad we made the gruff-voiced grinder pay double his opening bid!

Mel & Pearson will regret not signing a CDM and right back, if Weds passes without action on those fronts. We just have not achieved a sufficient change in mentality or balance in the retained personnel to cast off the baggage of previous seasons.

Christie will still be targeted as the way in to our defence by opponents; our flailing captain will still be trammeling around covering those wide-open spaces with too much to do in-between rearguard panics to see who else in the team needs prodding to do their jobs properly.

You thought repeats were just for late-hours TV? Not so, get down to the iPro!

Archived