Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

Just now, David said:

Euro tunnel into France then drive down into Spain and Portugal, possible. With Roos unable to change his own tyre for insurance reasons, probably can't afford to lose the squad in a plane crash

You could also get the crossing from Portsmouth to Santander, and then drive through Spain. The ship which does the crossing has a helipad, so it would give Wigan club officials plenty of time to catch it up and do the paperwork on the Atlantic.

This deal isn't dead yet.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

That's a coach not the plane. 

Where's his carrier bag

Edit - curses. Shakes fist at @anon

Anybody who undervalues Jake Buxton is a complete numpty.
He is a warrior, leader and talisman for the Rams. If NP has brain one he will make him captain. Both Robert Huth and Wes Morgan are his age and his spiritual equals, embodying exactly the same attributes as both men and players.
Keogh is a good guy but alas a headless chicken when under any pressure.
Shackell is competent but a mercenary with stilted body language, with an air of arrogance beyond his actual ability.
Grant Hanley and Jake Buxton would be my ideal pair of CBs. Both resolute and ruthless leaders.
Captain my captain.........lead me to the promised land.  

5 hours ago, Duracell said:

You could also get the crossing from Portsmouth to Santander, and then drive through Spain. The ship which does the crossing has a helipad, so it would give Wigan club officials plenty of time to catch it up and do the paperwork on the Atlantic.

This deal isn't dead yet.

I've heard nothing from the club about Wigan being the Championship side usurping our 'bloke off the park' signing.

PS Anybody know of an easy 'How to...' guide on making money from click-baiting? Ta

I hope Buxton stays, he always gives 100 percent effort, and has a great attitude, I think he will even improve under the guidance of Mr Pearson, and we have already sold Shotton, and are about to sell Raul, so all we have as centre backs are Keogh, Shackell, Buxton and young Rawson, so to sell Bucko would be a shock to me.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I hope Buxton stays, he always gives 100 percent effort, and has a great attitude, I think he will even improve under the guidance of Mr Pearson, and we have already sold Shotton, and are about to sell Raul, so all we have as centre backs are Keogh, Shackell, Buxton and young Rawson, so to sell Bucko would be a shock to me.

You've forgotten about Pearce, who to be honest, is probably a better back-up centre half technically. Unfortunately for him he was kept out of the side last year by a solid partnership between Shackell and Keogh. From memory, he's more of a ball winner than a ball playing centre half too - Pearson might favour that grit?

5 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

He is a warrior, leader and talisman for the Rams. If NP has brain one he will make him captain. Both Robert Huth and Wes Morgan are his age and his spiritual equals, embodying exactly the same attributes as both men and players.
Shackell is competent but a mercenary with stilted body language, with an air of arrogance beyond his actual ability.
Grant Hanley and Jake Buxton would be my ideal pair of CBs. Both resolute and ruthless leaders.

@SLO_DCFC is this you?!

3 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

You've forgotten about Pearce, who to be honest, is probably a better back-up centre half technically. Unfortunately for him he was kept out of the side last year by a solid partnership between Shackell and Keogh. From memory, he's more of a ball winner than a ball playing centre half too - Pearson might favour that grit?

Pearce, is not a patch on Bucko of what I have seen, why has Bristol not put a bid in if he is any good, Bucko is at least 3rd choice at moment behind Keogh and Shackell, Pearce is the one I would sell, not Bucko, but do not think any team in top 10 of championship, would want to buy Pearce, in fact would any Championship team would want him.

8 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Sorry not me mate.

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

That's really interesting mate, please keep sharing your opinion that no team in this league will ever sign him at every opportunity in this thread.

To be honest I have accepted the fact that he will remain at the club for another year. I was hoping that Clough would come after him, but he chose mighty Kyle McFadzean. 

Buxton seems to be one of those players like Russell who are a bit overrated by fans because they show passion on the pitch. Whilst he was very good in 2013/2014, he made quite a lot of mistakes which were only blamed on Keogh, yes including the infamous Zamora goal. Even last season when he came on as sub, including against Forest, I had to close my eyes because he looked like giving away a penalty and he seemed to make our defence a bit jittery. Don't get me wrong, I love Bucko because he gives 100% in every game and I used to love watching his diagonal passes with his so called weaker left foot but I think we should move on. I'd keep him if he is happy to be a squad/behind the scenes player because he is good for squad motivation but I wouldn't deprive him of first team football, which he won't get here.

Archived