Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

18 hours ago, eddie said:

Those keys were definitely clacking in a patronising manner.

Thanks for explaining the joke eddie... "It's funny because..."

;)

18 hours ago, Kernow said:

It wasn't intended to be condescending at all, and in no way did I call anybody an idiot for preferring Buxton to Shackell so please do not put words into my mouth.

Not saying you had the intention of doing it... But that's obviously the way @ramesses took it... And if I was able to recognise that it might be taken that way then maybe the tone/words you used were unintentionally condescending?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20 June 2016 at 13:23, Flaps said:

Looks like Bucko might be off to Wigan, shame we're not keeping him but it's a good move for him.

Source

No he isn't. 

On 22 June 2016 at 10:51, Kernow said:

You do realise that Keogh & Shackell formed our best defence in terms of goals conceded that we've ever had over a 46 game season right? Also our best defensive record in general since the fall of the Berlin Wall? They can't be that bad.

Actually, from McClaren's first game onwards, Bucko and Keogh at the back have seen us concede less often then Shackell and Keogh. 

• 2 weeks later...

36 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Still no reliable source reporting this then ? :ph34r:

If he isn't on the plane tomorrow i'll probably start to believe it.

But so much ******** out there atm, especially from Nixon who said Buxton was having talks about a month back only to show up at Moor Farm for training a day later. This SDSR also said Buxton isn't the one we are trying to shift, it was actually Shackell - that went over people's head's funnily enough though :ph34r:

Kudos to Wigan anyway, good young manager and a chairman alot  younger than me trying to bring success.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 21:43, cannable said:

Actually, from McClaren's first game onwards, Bucko and Keogh at the back have seen us concede less often then Shackell and Keogh. 

The best, most entertaining football since 1998 was with Jake and Eustace in the team in Schteeve's first few months.

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The best, most entertaining football since 1998 was with Jake and Eustace in the team in Schteeve's first few months.

Interestingly enough, a lot of our current squad have said that Eustace is the best player they've ever played with.

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Interestingly enough, a lot of our current squad have said that Eustace is the best player they've ever played with.

The main reason we started to lose plot from January onwards in last season under Mac...... Not the Newcastle rumours we all got ourselves worked up about.

Played the position perfectly, old head with younger lads doing the running. Perfect balance

9 hours ago, Papahet said:

If he isn't on the plane tomorrow i'll probably start to believe it.

But so much ******** out there atm, especially from Nixon who said Buxton was having talks about a month back only to show up at Moor Farm for training a day later. This SDSR also said Buxton isn't the one we are trying to shift, it was actually Shackell - that went over people's head's funnily enough though :ph34r:

Kudos to Wigan anyway, good young manager and a chairman alot  younger than me trying to bring success.

Just because we sell a player it doesn't mean we are trying to shift him, if we receive a bid we deem worthy especially as he has a year left, we may just accept it.

We aren't trying to shift Scott Carson, but if someone offered 10 million I'm sure we would be buying a new keeper.  

It doesn't mean any ITK'ers are talking crap.

Bucko has been considering a contract offer from Wigan for a while now.

Why would we be getting rid of shackell??? Not being funny buxtons been a legend  but he's not that good, if you watch back when he played he isn't as good as people think he's been a great team player and he's given everything to us but if we really have tried getting rid of shackell instead of Buxton then something is seriously wrong 

8 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Why would we be getting rid of shackell??? Not being funny buxtons been a legend  but he's not that good, if you watch back when he played he isn't as good as people think he's been a great team player and he's given everything to us but if we really have tried getting rid of shackell instead of Buxton then something is seriously wrong 

Shackell looks a better individual player but the team performs better with Jake...some players just suit a certain team or style.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Shackell looks a better individual player but the team performs better with Jake...some players just suit a certain team or style.

I understand that like the team play better when Carson is in net. But we are a stronger side with shackell he helps Keogh Christie has come on since he joined, I can assure you now if Buxton got in this team then Keogh would be back to getting stick even if it Buxton making faults for the goals 

Buxton has been a great servant to the club but it is time to trim the squad and move players on like him who aren't going to get much game time this season. Need to free up the wage bill and enable us to bring in the 2 quality signings we need...

Archived