Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Rather than taking every opportunity possible to ridicule him, why don't you explain and justify your reasons for your toxic dislike of him? 

Probably due that he came from Non league? How on earth can anyone not like Bucko? He's warrior and gives his 100% all for the team, I remember that he said his goal against Forest for Shaun Barker (what a guy!) 

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Probably due that he came from Non league? How on earth can anyone not like Bucko? He's warrior and gives his 100% all for the team, I remember that he said his goal against Forest for Shaun Barker (what a guy!) 

If it wasn't for Barkers injury, we'd have missed seeing Bucko make such an impact in a Derby shirt.

He cost nothing, gave everything, and deserves a final decent contract to set himself up for the future.

Good luck Sir Jake, enjoy the pies!

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

Rather than taking every opportunity possible to ridicule him, why don't you explain and justify your reasons for your toxic dislike of him? 

I do not dislike him. I do not like all this "Bucko" hype about an utterly average defender. I just can not understand why everyone is so surprised that we do not get any money for him. It was so obvious.

9d5ab9c43b3a.jpg

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It will be interesting to see if he plays over the weekend. Can't see much to hold the deal back. But he travelled so can't be a done deal. Is the game on Friday the first team game or is that one Saturday? 

Under 21 tomorrow night 

First team Saturday night 

I'd say he'll probably start first half. 

Just now, McLovin said:

If the deal is close to being completed then probably not as they wouldn't want to risk an injury to him.

Or deal not done. He travelled therefore he'll have a chance to impress NP. 

Just now, davenportram said:

Maybe he's having one last effort to impress Pearson, or perhaps hes going to have a three day leaving bash

Albufreia town will be hit hard

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Reckon they'll be a stream for either England loyal? 

Someone mentioned streaming in pre season thread other night check it out last pages or few back in there. In fact I'll bump that quote for you ??

I'm not surprised there is no fee, he has struggled through the his Derby career with one injury or another.  Take the blinkers off and as a Wigan fan you would question the signing if a fee was involved, a good defender at this level when fit, however he is not getting any younger and wworth a gamble as a free.  

If he goes good luck to him, don't think we will miss him personally as we have better.

If the no fee is correct then this could be Derby's 'thank you' to Bucko for his commitment to the cause during his time here - he will be able to negotiate a better contract for himself.

I'm not one of those fans who think he should have been a regular starter over the last couple of seasons. He's been an average Championship defender but as a loyal, totally committed clubman Jake has been second to none.

If he goes then he'll be missed, probably more in the dressing room than on the pitch on match days but I'm sure it will be with the blessing and good wishes of all real supporters.

42 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not surprised there is no fee, he has struggled through the his Derby career with one injury or another.  Take the blinkers off and as a Wigan fan you would question the signing if a fee was involved, a good defender at this level when fit, however he is not getting any younger and wworth a gamble as a free.  

If he goes good luck to him, don't think we will miss him personally as we have better.

He is still an established player under contract, the lack of fee is curious, surely he's worth £250k or thereabouts? He has had injuries yes but he has also had sustained periods in the side and isn't untested. 

Odd decision but if he's leaving good luck to him, well worth the gamble we took on him. His progression as a player was great to watch.

Archived