Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, curtains said:

I liked Clement but your right it's not the place. 

Keogh will define DCFC for years to come. 

Hope it works out but I have my doubts. 

If I was manager I would replace him sorry. 

I feel Keogh needs to be replaced.

Hanley would be far too expensive, Even someone like Aden Flint would be decent.

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Player of the years often move on. 

On your head be it with Keogh then. 

His next mistake is always around the corner. 

Well... It's not on my head at all actually... Oddly my name isn't Nigel... Or Mel... Or Sam...

However if they wanted to appoint me as manager I'd be more than happy to pick Keogh... Everyone makes mistakes... Did you see Pepe in the Euros final? Made 2 or 3... And he's considered one of the best defenders in the world... It happens... You want the perfect player go create one in the lab... 

Generally player of the year goes on to BETTER things... You seem to suggest they leave to worse places?

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

I feel Keogh needs to be replaced.

Hanley would be far too expensive, Even someone like Aden Flint would be decent.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahhhhhhh good one... I needed that laugh this morning... Helping me through this cracking hangover...

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahhhhhhh good one... I needed that laugh this morning... Helping me through this cracking hangover...

What about Pepe he makes mistakes. 

Right yes he's only Real Madrid and Portugal 

Euro Champion and Champions League winner and La liga winner  

Keoghs up there with him. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Did you see Bristols awful defence last season?

Derbys wasn't very good 

Polarised opinions are just a talking point for fans really. 

Keogh and Buxton and Shackell and Pearce and Rawson  will alway polarise opinions. 

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

5th best in the league

One of the best defensive records we have had for years

As I say the Buxton,Shackell,Keogh,Pearce ,Rawson debate will polarise opinions. 

I'd be aiming for the  best defensive record. 

5th is where  we finished in the Championship last season. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Pepe vs Keogh. 

Lol. 

It's called comparative reasoning mate... But you do seem to be very litteral in your understanding of the written language so maybe I should have been much clearer for you...

Your argument was that Keogh is a bad defender and the reason you stated was that he makes mistakes...

I was showcasing the fact that even the best defenders in the world make mistakes... Like Pepe...

At NO point was that saying they are the same level of quality

Do you understand now? I can only explain this to you I can't understand it for you...

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It was the best it's been in decades! 

Give me strength

Decades are you sure it was not better with Jim Smith ,Billy Davies and Author Cox.

We finished 5th so 5th defensive record is about right .

playoff  semi finals we let in 3 at home  

3 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Conceded less goals then the Smith and Davies promotion seasons

What about Arthur Cox 

Smith was full attacking football style  with Sturridge etc. 

Stimac arrived late to that season and we had 5 stuck by us at Tranmere although he scored 

Stimac proved himself after that with Taribo West etc. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

What about Arthur Cox 

Smith was full attacking football with Sturridge etc. 

Stimac arrived late to that season. 

What is your point then? Our defence is stronger than that very defensive Billy Davies side. We have been close to promotion for the past 3 years, but we have always failed and I believe with having experience in Pearson and a little bit of tweaking we can do it.

11 hours ago, Alex W said:

Keogh was so good last year that I'm surprised we've not had bids yet. He's a far better player than Buxton, though Buxton is good at what he does as everyone generally accepts nowadays.

Keogh is not well balanced or coordinated, being all knees and elbows. Every game he dives in too early and often misses the ball. This most often seen when under pressure he panics, often compounding his original mistake. This usually leads to the opposition being gifted a goal - sometimes a crucial one.

Instead, look at Shackell for example - he stays on his feet and jockeys the attacker, ready to block their shot or pass. Its actually the main part of his game, as he is not that mobile and a relatively poor passer to boot (pun intended!!).

Buxton is better balanced and more mobile than either men. Instead of trying to be a poor man's Beckenbauer/Stimac - a "libero"  like Keogh attempts to do (not uncommonly robbed and then badly caught out of position!!), he plays a quick accurate long pass off either foot. That's actually a key sign of a good defender and is by far the fastest way to start a counterattack.

BUT over and above any physical or technical attributes he possesses, he brings a fighting spirit and infectious will to win which clearly transmits itself to both players and fans and has a potent galvanizing effect on each of them. Next time don't just look - open your eyes and truly see!! He is one of life's born leaders who genuinely loves this club. AND he is ours!! No bs kissing of the badge for him - he pats it instead with his chest puffed out, obviously bursting with pride at just wearing the shirt. This type of no holds barred commitment and passion CANNOT be bought at any price. He is quite simply a club treasure who IMO should be kept on staff after he retires as our own "Mister Motivator," passing on his unquenchable spirit to every Derby player at all levels. He has exactly the same vibe as the Leicester stalwarts who were the foundation of their first ever title win and is the same age.

Bill Shankly would have loved this man.

THIS is why he is so popular and valued by the people who really believe in him.

I feel truly sorry for the cynics who cannot.

Need I say more?

Sermon over.

Archived