Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

10 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Pearce, is not a patch on Bucko of what I have seen, why has Bristol not put a bid in if he is any good, Bucko is at least 3rd choice at moment behind Keogh and Shackell, Pearce is the one I would sell, not Bucko, but do not think any team in top 10 of championship, would want to buy Pearce, in fact would any Championship team would want him.

That's very,very harsh on Pearce. He hardly got an opportunity to show what he is about here. He is good enough because he captained the Reading team that got promoted a few years ago and had a full season in the prem.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's very,very harsh on Pearce. He hardly got an opportunity to show what he is about here. He is good enough because he captained the Reading team that got promoted a few years ago and had a full season in the prem.

Wasn't Liverpool interested in Pearce at some point?

96954c420162.jpg

Don't think there'd be this stigma about Shackell's passing ability if we hadn't played such turgid football at times under Clement. His tactics leant heavily on Shackell's weakness of moving the ball out of the back but we kept doing it way past when everyone else in the stadium realised it wasn't working.

I think Shackell's defensive work (which is outstanding and has raised Keogh's game too) is worth sacrificing a bit of mobility at the back for. I fancy Bucko as much as the next bloke but I'd go with Shackell and think Pearson definitely will too.

Besides his purely human attributes, Buxton is an awesome tackler, powerful yet still light on his feet ala the young Mike Tyson, at just under six feet tall. Also like MT, he plays in a "winner takes all" mode every time for our great club!!

When suddenly confronted by JB, did you see the ginger Florist CB bully retreat in fear moments later when he came on in the latest home game, only to pick on the nearby hapless Keogh instead, whose startled WTF expression said it all !!

Plays a quick and accurate "clipped" long ball with either foot and tackles like a starving bulldog. Can weigh in with crucial goals too.

He would also make an ideal CDM as an alternative to playing at CB. Either /or in fact. In reality a genuine quality utility player.

Once recognised as such, Nigel and his coaching team may well be able to improve his overall technical play, positioning, decision making etc.

Unlike the venerable yet still young GT, rarely gets injured.

After all, the first requirement of this position even in the so called "modern game" is still to stop the opposition attacking midfielders from getting anywhere near our penalty box.

Added to that, he is an inspiration to the rest of the team.

There are very strong reasons why both the players and fans love to have him on the field.

In my way off amateur days, I played with one such team mate who made you feel unbeatable.

In the new season, in his own modest old school way, he could be as important as our mythical prolific fast striker. 

46 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

It was a joke mate. Jed, our SLO, is Jake's brother.

Very funny dude.

Silly me!!

Should have guessed!!

If he's half the man his big bro is, he'll do for me!!

Onwards and upwards.

COYR!!!

PS. I meant every single word........ 

Sith Happens

I will be extremely sorry to see Bucko go, especially if we get nothing for him. He is fantastic to have around especially as we have another championship season in front of us. Having seen both bucko and michael keane playing in a derby shirt, and keane reported to be going for £15 million i'd say bucko must be worth at least £50 million :)

Seriously though he will be a cracking acquistion for wigan if its true.

33 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Close to a move to Wigan. Offered a lengthy contract and the lure of first team football is fair enough. No fee. Don't think he'll be out in Portugal much longer 

Good luck Jake, Derby legend. 

Sorry SDSR but i can smell a bullshit. I was told Jake Buxton could walk into any club in this league and worth a lot more than £5. I think you should check your sources. There can't be "no fee" in this deal As he has another year on his contract.

5 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Sorry SDSR but i can smell a bullshit. I was told Jake Buxton could walk into any club in this league and worth a lot more than £5. I think you should check your sources. There can't be "no fee" in this deal As he has another year on his contract.

Unfortunately  (in this case ) it's not very often @SuperDerbySuperRams is wrong . 

Good luck jake Buxton, hope we replace you with a worthy contender. 

21 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Seeing has SDSR is probably the best poster with this kind of information over a variety of forums over the last 5/6 years and is highly accurate. Maybe just maybe he trusts his sources

24 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Good for you. As I said, I'm told no fee 

26 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Rather than taking every opportunity possible to ridicule him, why don't you explain and justify your reasons for your toxic dislike of him? 

Archived