Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand we are a better team when Buxton is in it and I don't enjoy watching us get humped off the face of the world at Burnley and in other games like the Rotherham away game when we are 3-0 up and our so called big money quality defender with the poncey hair that swears and throws his toys in the pram when he has had another very very very very poor game.

If Super Jake Buxton had slicked back hair on top, and shaved it at the back and grew another massive beard to look like the modern day male and wore a lumberjack shirt and all the rest he'd be the first guy on the team sheet or if he had a torso like Ronaldo's or a Shackell hair cut etc, but I personally think he's good enough the way he is, carrier bag man who gets the job done time and time again, and does exactly what it says on the Buxton tin........defender.

'if you look the part, you will get the job but it doesn't mean Buxton is lazy".........

1 hour ago, TopRam said:

Why would we be getting rid of shackell??? Not being funny buxtons been a legend  but he's not that good, if you watch back when he played he isn't as good as people think he's been a great team player and he's given everything to us but if we really have tried getting rid of shackell instead of Buxton then something is seriously wrong 

There's a chance you answered your own question already.

1 hour ago, TopRam said:

I understand that like the team play better when Carson is in net. But we are a stronger side with shackell he helps Keogh Christie has come on since he joined, I can assure you now if Buxton got in this team then Keogh would be back to getting stick even if it Buxton making faults for the goals 

If we're to continue passing it out from the back then it's Shackell who must go. 

As I've stated before, from McClaren's first game onwards we concede less regularly with Bucko next to Keogh than Shackell. 

11 hours ago, cannable said:

Interestingly enough, a lot of our current squad have said that Eustace is the best player they've ever played with.

As under-rated as John McGovern was.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are people actually debating whether we should replace Shackell with Buxton?!?:blink:

Dependent on system.

Shackell's as cool as custard under pressure and has a calming influence on our defence when under the cosh. His positioning inside the box is immaculate, so it's no surprise he made more blocks than any other defender in the Championship last season.

The problem with Shackell is that his style and attributes suit a team that soaks up pressure and breaks. He likes to drop off and let his partner go to. This becomes a problem when you have a high line like we did under Wassall. Look at the Hull goal were he was criticised for not going to. That's just his style. 

Then the fact he can't pass a ball without stopping it dead first, slowing us down. Remember the Preston game at home when they totally neutralised us just by letting Warnock and Shackell have the ball and marking everybody else? Under Wassall we ended up having to become more direct because of this. 

13 hours ago, Papahet said:

If he isn't on the plane tomorrow i'll probably start to believe it

Bucko is traveling with the squad there is a video to prove that! 

4 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Buxton is on the plane. Still no buyers for him. Not surprised.

8c95aa157f99.jpg

That's a coach not the plane. 

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Good spot DEL but I don't think it's a huge leap to suggest that they may have a plane lined up after the coach.

Euro tunnel into France then drive down into Spain and Portugal, possible. With Roos unable to change his own tyre for insurance reasons, probably can't afford to lose the squad in a plane crash

14 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Buxton is on the plane. Still no buyers for him. Not surprised.

8c95aa157f99.jpg

I'm disappointed with the suitcase. Has he gone all big time Charlie and ditched the trusty plastic carrier bag?

Archived