Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

What is your point then? Our defence is stronger than that very defensive Billy Davies side. We have been close to promotion for the past 3 years, but we have always failed and I believe with having experience in Pearson and a little bit of tweaking we can do it.

Hope your right but I would still replace Keogh. 

Its my opinion born out of watching him in loads and loads of games. 

I might be wrong and you may be right in which case I will hold my hands up but don't forget all teams strive for improvement and I think we could replace him with better if we sold him for a decent fee. 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, curtains said:

Derbys wasn't very good 

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It was the best it's been in decades! 

The best over any 46 game season to be precise. The fewest goals conceded by ANY Derby team in one season since 1989/90 when we were in the First Division and playing 38 games. The season before that we finished 5th in the top flight and conceded an average of 1.0 goals per game. In 2015/16 we conceded an average of 0.93 goals per game. And that's when you remember we managed to ship six goals against Birmingham and Rotherham over the course of two individual games.

I'd say we had a pretty good defence last season in terms of defensive duties, but can't please 'em all.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The best over any 46 game season to be precise. The fewest goals conceded by ANY Derby team in one season since 1989/90 when we were in the First Division and playing 38 games. The season before that we finished 5th in the top flight and conceded an average of 1.0 goals per game. In 2015/16 we conceded an average of 0.93 goals per game. And that's when you remember we managed to ship six goals against Birmingham and Rotherham over the course of two individual games.

I'd say we had a pretty good defence last season in terms of defensive duties, but can't please 'em all.

But we had Shackell who is quality but he can't do it all. 

Shackell digs Keogh out most of the time except Burnley away when he made mistakes. 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Shackell digs Keogh out most of the time except Burnley away when he made mistakes. 

Absolutely ludicrous to suggest that the only reason we had one of our best ever seasons is because Shackell bailed at Keogh. The lack of respect this man continues to get really is astonishing.

The defence is a unit and the pairing succeed or fail as a whole. We've had our best defensive season because of the pair of them together.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are you watching a different team? Do you watch Derby City or something?

Shackell was, is and always will be one of the most selfish defenders around... He does his own thing, plays his position and very rarely moves out of it... He is very good at it (most of the time... Hernandez goal in playoffs aside)... But he doesn't cover for anyone at all...

Keogh on the other hand always has... Most of his 'mistakes' in the past have been made covering for someone else being out of position... The advantage of having Shackell is NOT that he covers... It's that he plays his own game so well Keogh doesn't have to cover for him...

30 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Absolutely ludicrous to suggest that the only reason we had one of our best ever seasons is because Shackell bailed at Keogh. The lack of respect this man continues to get really is astonishing.

The defence is a unit and the pairing succeed or fail as a whole. We've had our best defensive season because of the pair of them together.

Indeed. I don't get the hate for Keogh.

Yeah the man looks a bit of a shambles, but he's done well for us and only cost £1 million. His Wembley mistake was unfortunate, but things like that happen to much better players than him. He always give 100% he's not perfect, but he better than a lot of other defenders in this league. 

I also think Keogh and Shackell actually compliment each other quite well as a pairing and the defensive record from last season proves this. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed. I don't get the hate for Keogh.

Yeah the man looks a bit of a shambles, but he's done well for us and only cost £1 million. His Wembley mistake was unfortunate, but things like that happen to much better players than him. He always give 100% he's not perfect, but he better than a lot of other defenders in this league. 

I also think Keogh and Shackell actually compliment each other quite well as a pairing and the defensive record from last season proves this. 

Not picking up on you, just that your's is the last comment on the subject. If so many think that Keogh is so bad, who on earth voted him player of the season last season?

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Buxton is not more mobile than Keogh at all

Really?

Think you should have gone to Specsavers mate.

Keogh opts to run with the ball, giving the impression of speed.

But JB is a better all round athlete too. Faster, quicker turning, better tackler having a lower centre of gravity, more stamina, more decisive, better passer, better header with more "spring."

Oh, and I nearly forgot, can score crucial goals from set pieces too!!

By the way, when was the last time EITHER of our current CBs scored?

I rest my case.....possibly.

PS. Grant Hanley also weighs in with the odd goal. IMO, he is most certainly NOT overpriced at £6+ million. And like our Bucko, is a beast of a defender, so well worth the money. Ergo JB and GH potentially our best CB pairing.

1 minute ago, Robbie Ram said:

Really?

Think you should have gone to Specsavers mate.

Keogh opts to run with the ball, giving the impression of speed.

But JB is a better all round athlete too. Faster, quicker turning, better tackler having a lower centre of gravity, more stamina, more decisive, better passer, better header with more "spring."

No way is Bucko faster than Keogh mate.

10 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Not picking up on you, just that your's is the last comment on the subject. If so many think that Keogh is so bad, who on earth voted him player of the season last season?

Fair point a lot of fans do appreciate his efforts, hence the awards. However there's a very vocal minority (as always), for who he is the first person you point the finger at, same goes for Martin and Ince. 

50 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well I've just as several pages of Keogh shackell Paul McGrath comments and not much about Buxton leaving the club. Could you with respect take the pissing contest elsewhere?!?! TY

My whole point was that we really, really need to keep our Jake, especially if we buy Hanley to pair with him. Hanley is predominantly left footed btw, so a perfect match for him. JB only needs to regrow his Viking beard to completely match him!!

Warriors both, with a "you will have to kill me to beat me" mentality.  Grrrrrrrr!!!! Lurvely!!

Remember RH and WM at LCFC........mmmmmmmmmm 

So bring it on, I say. Next stop PL title!!!!!

Archived