Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

1 hour ago, Sammy1946 said:

I do not dislike him. I do not like all this "Bucko" hype about an utterly average defender. I just can not understand why everyone is so surprised that we do not get any money for him. It was so obvious.

9d5ab9c43b3a.jpg

The very first time Keogh goes to ground and comes up covered in green.........you'll be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buxton a MUCH better player IMO.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
25 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

The very first time Keogh goes to ground and comes up covered in green.........you'll be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! 

4 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Keogh was so good last year that I'm surprised we've not had bids yet. He's a far better player than Buxton, though Buxton is good at what he does as everyone generally accepts nowadays.

Oh this is a challenge... Two people having a discussion and I disagree with BOTH sides of the argument...

@Sammy1946 Bucko has proved over the course of the last few years to be a top level championship defender... One half of a defensive team that got to our highest finish since we were in the Prem...

@Robbie Ram Keogh is an international footballer, picked by 4 Derby managers now (including a former England manager and a former Real Madrid Assistant - People who have seen top quality defenders) and the VERY highly respected Martin O'Neil... Bucko is good, but Keogh is better...

Just now, cheron85 said:

Oh this is a challenge... Two people having a discussion and I disagree with BOTH sides of the argument...

@Sammy1946 Bucko has proved over the course of the last few years to be a top level championship defender... One half of a defensive team that got to our highest finish since we were in the Prem...

@Robbie Ram Keogh is an international footballer, picked by 4 Derby managers now (including a former England manager and a former Real Madrid Assistant - People who have seen top quality defenders) and the VERY highly respected Martin O'Neil... Bucko is good, but Keogh is better...

Keogh wasn't made captain by former Real Madrid assistant though was he. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Keogh wasn't made captain by former Real Madrid assistant though was he. 

And? What's your point? Because he was picked in every league game by Clement but WASN'T made Captain for some reason that makes him terrible? You need to make an actual point here mate... So far you haven't...

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

And? What's your point? Because he was picked in every league game by Clement but WASN'T made Captain for some reason that makes him terrible? You need to make an actual point here mate... So far you haven't...

I think Clement would have eventually replaced him . 

Simple really. 

Pearce was bought in but didn't step up did he. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Simple really. 

Pearce was bought but didn't step up did he. 

If Clement wanted to replace him he would have easily, we had a lot of back-up CBs and Clement never bothered using them to replace Keogh.

9 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

If Clement wanted to replace him he would have easily, we had a lot of back-up CBs and Clement never bothered using them to replace Keogh.

I used to like Keogh but have come to realize IMO he isn't a good enough defender .

He's ok bursting forward but defensively he's lacking and Shackell digs him out but even he can't do it all the time with Keogh out of position a lot and diving in and not staying on his feet. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Not saying I'm right. 

23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Bucko has proved over the course of the last few years to be a top level championship defender... One half of a defensive team that got to our highest finish since we were in the Prem...

That is why he is going to newly promoted team for nothing when still under contract ...

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Simple really. 

Does the fact that Pearce didn't step up not prove the point that Keogh is good enough to improve when faced with competition and totally disproves any point you're trying to make?

Also worth pointing out that our 'former Real Madrid assistant manager' was sacked because it was decided he wasn't doing his job properly.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Does the fact that Pearce didn't step up not prove the point that Keogh is good enough to improve when faced with competition and totally disproves any point you're trying to make?

Also worth pointing out that our 'former Real Madrid assistant manager' was sacked because it was decided he wasn't doing his job properly.

Difficult without Hughes and Bryson from day 1. 

Still top at Christmas though. 

Lets see how Pearson does then. 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Simple really. 

All the rumours suggested Pearce was brought in to replace Keogh and then Clement decided Keogh was better... and oddly Martin O'Neil obviously thinks the same...

In fact the rumours were that Keogh was determined to leave at the end of last year because of the fan abuse which suggests that someone must have persuaded him to stay...

Oh and just a reminder... Player of the Year across pretty much every award this season... 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Difficult without Hughes and Bryson from day 1. 

Personally I think that isn't really an excuse when you're given £25m to spend.

But this isn't really the place for a Clement discussion, I was just pointing out his opinion shouldn't really hold too much weight.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

All the rumours suggested Pearce was brought in to replace Keogh and then Clement decided Keogh was better... and oddly Martin O'Neil obviously thinks the same...

In fact the rumours were that Keogh was determined to leave at the end of last year because of the fan abuse which suggests that someone must have persuaded him to stay...

Oh and just a reminder... Player of the Year across pretty much every award this season... 

Player of the years often move on. 

On your head be it with Keogh then. 

His next mistake is always around the corner. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Personally I think that isn't really an excuse when you're given £25m to spend.

But this isn't really the place for a Clement discussion, I was just pointing out his opinion shouldn't really hold too much weight.

I liked Clement but your right it's not the place. 

Keogh will define DCFC for years to come. 

Hope it works out but I have my doubts. 

If I was manager I would replace him sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

That is why he is going to newly promoted team for nothing when still under contract ...

Well we don't know that for sure... That is complete speculation...

Plus it's a simple matter of respect for our longest serving player... If we can't offer him guaranteed first team football and a new 3 year contract then it's a nice gesture towards his years of service to allow him to go for free... 

And yeh, newly promoted teams often try to pick up an experienced, quality defender when they get promoted... Not sure how old you are but do you remember when we signed Paul McGrath is 1996? Old warhorse and quality defender who knew the Premier League and lead the team of players who'd never played at Prem level before... Plus we're not exactly talking about some tinpot outfit either... Wigan were in the Premier League 3 years ago...

Archived