Which midfielder would you sell this summer?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Johnson. Give him away if we can. Sell Butterfield if we get 1.5m+ bid.

I'd like to keep Thorne, Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes as our CM options. 

I like Jeff, underrated. 

Jesus Christ ..... one of the highest scoring centre mids in the league with 7 goals, despite regularly being on the bench and you'd take a 2.5m loss on him?

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Jesus Christ ..... one of the highest scoring centre mids in the league with 7 goals, despite regularly being on the bench and you'd take a 2.5m loss on him?

I prefer the other midfielders we have, so if someone wants him I'd sell. Otherwise he wouldn't get a kick. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

So you would sell him for a big loss, even though his market value has probably risen since signing for us.

I'd sell him for whatever we can. Obviously try and negotiate the price up as high as possible, but if the club that wants him isn't budging then I'll settle for what we can. 

Just wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Two or hree days before Nigel Pearson was announced as manager, you were having us believe that you had inside information that the job was Wassall's.

All DEL is doing is suggesting that your contacts may not quite be as reliable as you would like them to be.

I never said that I was told the job was Wassall's. I would have posted it if I had.

Back on topic: I wonder if Hanson will feature at all this coming season.

42 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I prefer the other midfielders we have, so if someone wants him I'd sell. Otherwise he wouldn't get a kick. 

Relieved you're not in charge of the hiring and firing.

Sell Hendrick for me - always flatters to deceive 

Could we ditch the wingers completely? Play two up top - Martin and a quick striker (i.e Kodjia, Wells etc.). Then Ince at the top of the diamond behind the front two with a three man midfield playing across behind him (any of Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Butterfield or Thorne). That way it's not a huge variance to our build up play and dominance in the middle, and Christie/De Laet and Olsson/Forsyth can get forward and create a little more - they're all more than competent at it! Would still look to sell Johnson though, and potentially bring in James if playing such a style. Could setup like so:-

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne       

Bryson            Hughes

Ince

Martin       Kodjia/Wells

40 minutes ago, irobinson said:

let Mr Pearson decide...thats why we hired him!!!!

I thought the role of any professional was to justify all their actions to the non professional. After all we can't trust the decisions they make after years of training and experience. We hired Pearson to do as we want otherwise he can ride an ostrich back to Leicester or wherever he came from.

Johnson started brilliantly. I'd hate to see the payer sold. Unfortunately, his last 2/3 of the season was atrocious, and if that player is still here in September I'll be quite angry. Down to Pearson and Johnson as to which player is going to turn up.

Butterfield can go. Great moments, anonymous half hours. Unless Pearson (Powell?) can flip it to get him producing great half hours and anonymous moments, in which case he's vital.

Bryson and Hendrick I'd keep if at all possible. Thorne and Hughes...I'd sell my left ******* before those two.

In other words, **** knows. We'll see. 

Hughes...... Just think for his career than for anything else. If he's got aspirations of playing at am international level he should be playing Prem football now.

Cash in now. 

14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Hughes...... Just think for his career than for anything else. If he's got aspirations of playing at am international level he should be playing Prem football now.

Cash in now. 

Best player at the club. If you're a Hughes fan and you want to see him gracing the Prem, fine, but we're Derby fans and want to see him gracing the iPro surely?

Most realistic would be Hendrick. Can't say I'd want him to go ideally but probably the one I could see going, especially if he performs well at the Euro's. Got to be valued at £2-3M plus in this market?

bryson in a heartbeat.. He really isn't that good and is now getting close  to be too old to be worth anything 

hughes, I want him to succeed, he should be playing at the very top level, we should let him go to fulfill this....also, the sale will keep us in line with the ffp. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

bryson in a heartbeat.. He really isn't that good and is now getting close  to be too old to be worth anything 

hughes, I want him to succeed, he should be playing at the very top level, we should let him go to fulfill this....also, the sale will keep us in line with the ffp. 

Whilst in terms of technical ability Bryson might be out worst midfielder (bar Johnson) but he's probably our most effective and is absolutely vital in a 4-3-3. Without him our midfield just ends up too deep.

Him, Weimann and occasionally Russell (Bent too, on the rare occasions he plays) are our only players who actually look to get in behind.  He gives our midfield buzz, he presses relentlessly and looks to speed things up for us, he stretches the opposition defence.

If we go to a two man midfield I think Bryson would be the one I'd choose, but in a three-man midfield I think he's priceless at the moment.

3 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Could we ditch the wingers completely? Play two up top - Martin and a quick striker (i.e Kodjia, Wells etc.). Then Ince at the top of the diamond behind the front two with a three man midfield playing across behind him (any of Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Butterfield or Thorne). That way it's not a huge variance to our build up play and dominance in the middle, and Christie/De Laet and Olsson/Forsyth can get forward and create a little more - they're all more than competent at it! Would still look to sell Johnson though, and potentially bring in James if playing such a style. Could setup like so:-

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne       

Bryson            Hughes

Ince

Martin       Kodjia/Wells

Why not try a super-speedy central striker we already have such as Weimann (or else next try Zanzala) instead of rushing out to spend another ~£10m on Kodija or ~£7m on Wells?

On topic, I think I want players with technical ability first and foremost, who can then have the necessary other attributes (workrate etc) forced upon them. If they haven't got the skill, then they'll never be up to it. Hendrick has amazing technical ability but doesn't show it enough. Perhaps I'm being foolish, but unless a mega-bid came in I'd keep him hoping Pearson can turn him into the £20m player he could be.

However, I just have never seen anything in Johnson that puts him anywhere near the skill level of the rest of the squad. He can't control or pass a football anything like as well as the other players. I'd sell him and move on. If anything it would be a (very expensive) lesson to Mel and the recruitment staff that you don't go out and buy someone on a whim who is made available to you with a few hours of the transfer window left, who doesn't fit the club and doesn't even know what it's called! Recruitment strategy has to be far more intelligent and strategic.

Would nt sell any in the summer ,, everyone starts with a clean slate under Pearson ,Jan window is fine if we need to offload or tweak or Pearson finds he has a player/players that can't or won't fit into what he expects from his players,, 

Hendrick for me- He brings unwanted media attention with assaults. I also know he's been dropped in town once and he had a go on my mates lady when they were on a break! ;)

On a more serious note the reason I would choose hendrick is because he hasn't really improved that much over the last 5 years. Has a couple blinders then for most the games is average. Thanks for your service but if the offer comes in I would deal!

anyone who want to cash in on Bryson needs to leave the forum. Leave the country and start taking up a sport like golf.

Archived