Which midfielder would you sell this summer?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does it say about the scouting team if we paid £6 for a player who cannot 'do the basics'?m I thought that Johnson was the player of the year at Norwich when we signed him.He will come good and be a key player. Hendrick plays well against teams that we are outplaying but does not do enough when we are struggling, in my opinion. We need someone who can out muscle the likes of Barton and Clayton. i know that they got promoted, but that is why they got promoted. Our midfield was too light weight against bullying teams. Even Bannan could not be kept quiet. Maybe Hanson could do it.

13 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

bryson in a heartbeat.. He really isn't that good and is now getting close  to be too old to be worth anything 

hughes, I want him to succeed, he should be playing at the very top level, we should let him go to fulfill this....also, the sale will keep us in line with the ffp. 

Bryson was our best player by a mile second half of the season, don't talk nonsense

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

What does it say about the scouting team if we paid £6 for a player who cannot 'do the basics'?m I thought that Johnson was the player of the year at Norwich when we signed him.He will come good and be a key player. Hendrick plays well against teams that we are outplaying but does not do enough when we are struggling, in my opinion. We need someone who can out muscle the likes of Barton and Clayton. i know that they got promoted, but that is why they got promoted. Our midfield was too light weight against bullying teams. Even Bannan could not be kept quiet. Maybe Hanson could do it.

Hard to believe but at the time I thought £6m was a good deal at the time for BJ. 15 goals from midfield and had previously done well in the championship, was immense first 10 games or so for us shame it hasn't worked out since, just a complete loss of confidence. Any other championship midfielder who scores 15+ goals is worth at least £5m these days.

I would really like to see Johnson come good. With form and confidence he'll still not be technically great but we've got technical players a plenty and lacked bite/steel. I think it was coaching him to pass to team mates all the time that ruined his confidence.

I'm sure he'd win back doubters if play less tippytappy possession this season.

Pearson could be the best thing to happen to Brad.

By the same token, Martinez and it would have fated to be Butterfield who benefitted most.

12 hours ago, cannable said:

Whilst in terms of technical ability Bryson might be out worst midfielder (bar Johnson) but he's probably our most effective and is absolutely vital in a 4-3-3. Without him our midfield just ends up too deep.

Him, Weimann and occasionally Russell (Bent too, on the rare occasions he plays) are our only players who actually look to get in behind.  He gives our midfield buzz, he presses relentlessly and looks to speed things up for us, he stretches the opposition defence.

If we go to a two man midfield I think Bryson would be the one I'd choose, but in a three-man midfield I think he's priceless at the moment.

m8 don't even reply to that clown , hes really no idea about the game

1 hour ago, Joel Stanley said:

Bryson was our best player by a mile second half of the season, don't talk nonsense

your new to the forum mate  , rule 1 don't read anything muespech ram writes , hes clueless ,  don't reply to him and hopefully he will go away and take up snowboarding

5 minutes ago, valleyram said:

your new to the forum mate  , rule 1 don't read anything muespech ram writes , hes clueless ,  don't reply to him and hopefully he will go away and take up snowboarding

And rule 2: If you look in a mirror and say the name Craig Bryson 3 times, valleyram appears and begins singing Bryson's chant. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

And rule 2: If you look in a mirror and say the name Craig Bryson 3 times, valleyram appears and begins singing Bryson's chant. :whistle:

????? very true

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

and.... I'm not sure, but it sounds like your Geography is about as good as your football brain...we don't tend to get much snow here...in fact we are currently in the middle of a vicious tropical storm that is battering the place to pieces....and they have called it "Colin"

Johnson on his day is worth the money we paid....only thing is after 5/6 games he didn't seem to ever reach that level again, butterfield deserved more of a go, I can't see us selling him now Powell has come in, Hughes is just pure class and a cut above the rest, would hate to see him go. Bryson I think would work wonders under Pearson, his running his energy and he gives it all, Pearson clearly liked a hardworking energetic side, Hendrick I like, I think sometimes he keeps the ball to long and gives it away to often, but another one on his day he's one of the best midfielders in the league, plus coming from the academy would make it extra special if we went up with him in the team, Thorne has a lot of passion and loves playing for Derby, he's been very unlucky with injuries and really with  Thorne in a 4-3-3 we'd need to buy another CDM to cover him because there is little chance of him completing a full season. 

Its a tough choice and one im glad I don't have to make. for different reasons I wouldn't want to see any go. 

We could argue all day on this,,, they all have their strengths and weaknesses , it's not real about any single one of them ( except Hugh's the boy is special)  it's about blending them together into a midfield that works and getting them working together to cover each other's weaknesses and enhance each other's strengths,,, Pearson is going to need to work with them in training and see them in a few games to get an idea of what we really have and what we lack

Any midfielder can play in any midfield position, whether that is in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, the system it's irrelevant .

All that matters is who NP wants in his squad.

For me they all very good players in their own right.

Archived